GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Er...thanks....George is the "master" alright.....were you trying to stump him?

I wasn't trying to stump George, I really thought I was giving it away to him. meanwhile, I was wondering where everyone else was.

I mean, like I said, this was hardly an obscure movie.

Edited by Lifted Up

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened. Hey, we can't even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or somethin'. They're scared, man.

They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Hey, man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody who needs a haircut.

Oh, no. What you represent to them is freedom.

What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about.

Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Well, it don't make 'em runnin' scared.

No, it makes 'em dangerous. Buh, neh! Neh! Neh! Neh! Swamp!

more:

[while smoking a Joint] Oh wow! What? Who's that man? What the hell was that, man?

Huh?

[nervous] No, man, like hey, man. Wow. I was watching this object man, li-like the satellite that we saw the other night, right? And, like, it was going right across the sky, man, and then... I mean it just suddenly, uh, it just changed direction and went whizzin right off, man. It flashed...

[interupting him] You're stoned out of your mind, man.

I'm sure you saw this film, it was probably back in '69 though...

Here's more:

Madame Tinkertoy's House of Blue Lights. Bourbon and Toulouse, New Orleans, Louisiana. Now this is supposed to be the finest whorehouse in the South.

These ain't no pork chops.These are U.S. prime.

Out of sight, man!

How long did you boys say it would take you to get down there? Two or three days? ls that right? Boy, l sure wish l was going with you.

You got a helmet?

Oh, l've got a helmet! l got a beauty! You know, l threw this thing away one week ago. My mother, of all people, retrieved it.

l can't understand. She didn't want me to play football. Always afraid l'd get hurt. And here, years later,l find it on my pillow...with a note pinned next to it saying, ''Save this for your son.''

[sitting around a camp fire] No, man. This is grass.

You mean, marijuana? Lord have mercy! ls that what that is? Let me see that.

Go ahead. Light it up.

Oh, no, no, no....l couldn't do that. l've got enough problems....with the booze and all. l can't afford to get hooked.

You won't get hooked.

Well, l know. But it leads to harder stuff. You say it's all right?

Well, all right then. How do l do it?

Here.

That's got a real nice taste to it. Though l don't suppose it'll do me much good. l'm so used to the booze.

You've got to hold it in your lungs longer.

What...was that, man? What the hell was that?

l don't know, man.

I was watching this object...like the satellite we saw. And it went right across the sky.

Edited by now I see

Actually, I thought it was a Cheech and Chong movie until you said 1969. (At 13, I was too young to see the film, by the way.)

"I guess some mistakes you never stop paying for."

"You know, I believe we have two lives."

"How... what do you mean?"

"The life we learn with and the life we live with after that."

"Pretty good food, huh?"

"Damn good."

"You can't spell it, but it eats pretty good, don't it?"

George

I thought maybe someone else would solve this one, but since no one has replied, I'll go ahead.

At first I thought it was Shawshank Redemption, so I looked it up, and it turns out I recognized the dialog because it is from another one of my favorite movies, so I have to disqualify myself since I saw the answer...how bout a hint George, for everyone else out there?

Next time, just guess the flick. If you're wrong, you can guess again without having to disqualify yourself!

"Batting practice tomorrow, be there!"

"I have been. Every day."

"You read my mind."

"That takes all of three seconds."

"My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died."

"Tough."

"Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!"

"I guess some mistakes you never stop paying for."

"You know, I believe we have two lives."

"How... what do you mean?"

"The life we learn with and the life we live with after that."

"Pretty good food, huh?"

"Damn good."

"You can't spell it, but it eats pretty good, don't it?"

George

"When you get to be older, there isn't a lot left to be frightened of."

"Now there's nothing to be nervous about. I've flown thousands of miles and I can tell you it's a lot safer than crossing the street!"

"This time, do me one favor. If your boss says two and two is six, agree with him."

The first two quotes are from an oscar winning performance in this movie.

The third quote is from an oscar nominated performance, same category, same movie.

"When you get to be older, there isn't a lot left to be frightened of."

"Now there's nothing to be nervous about. I've flown thousands of miles and I can tell you it's a lot safer than crossing the street!"

"This time, do me one favor. If your boss says two and two is six, agree with him."

The first two quotes are from an oscar winning performance in this movie.

The third quote is from an oscar nominated performance, same category, same movie.

"The instruction book said that was impossible!"

"That's one nice thing about the 707. She can do everything but read."

"You chickened out on me! I told you I wanted all the power you got!"

"Full throttle and this plane would be standing on its nose."

"You might fly these things but I take them apart and put them back together again. If you had any guts we'd be on the runway by now."

"You felt it vibrating? Another 10 seconds and we'd have had structural damage."

"Who do ya think you're talking to, some kid that fixes bicycles? I know every inch of the 707! Take the wings off this and you could use it as a TANK! This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot."

"You might tell your mechanic that I've got three million miles in the air."

"And two and a half feet into the ground."

Edited by Lifted Up

I forgot about this! :redface:

"Fuel status says we turn back now."

"Wait a minute. Fuel status? You have a reserve, don't you?"

"Yes, sir. I've got a ten minute reserve... but I'm not allowed to invade that except in time of war."

"My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on playmate of the month."

"You're afraid of our fleet. Well, you should be. Personally, I'd give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?"

George

This rings a vague bell but i dont have it, maybe one Ive seen but don't remember that well. You'd think if I have seen it I'd remember a quote like that. Oh, just as well; maybe we can get someone else on this thread; after a long drought, I've had a couple recent shots.

"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated."

"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open."

"Central Intelligence Agency... Now, there's a contradiction in terms. "

"Mr. Ambassador, you have nearly a hundred naval vessels operating in the North Atlantic right now. Your aircraft has dropped enough sonar buoys so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet. Now, shall we dispense with the bull?"

"You make your point as delicately as ever, Mr. Pelt."

"Fuel status says we turn back now."

"Wait a minute. Fuel status? You have a reserve, don't you?"

"Yes, sir. I've got a ten minute reserve... but I'm not allowed to invade that except in time of war."

"My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on playmate of the month."

"You're afraid of our fleet. Well, you should be. Personally, I'd give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?"

George

"What's sex?"

"Wait ? you're a virgin? You've been kicking around with *her* and you're a... a v-v-virgin? Well, I won't spoil the surprise. Boy, are you in for a treat."

"Bu- I have a mother! I remember her!"

"Yeah, I know..."

"I grew up on a farm! I had a little dog a - and I had a bike..."

"A bike, yeah. A pink, fluffy Flyer with little tassels on the handlebars? And you rode it up the street to your Grandmother's house, you'd ring the little bell, she came out and served you cookies on a hot plate?"

"Yes."

"No. Memory imprints. I've seen 'em - a buddy of mine is a programmer at the institute, he showed me. There's only, like, twelve stories, they change around little details, but they're all pretty much the same. The life you think you had before the 'contamination' - it never happened. "