GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Sounds like a parody of "Dracula."

Yes.

"Love at First Bite"?

George

No.

Considering Dracula is the most-filmed character in movie history (Sherlock H took 2nd place,

last I heard), it should surprise few people there's more than one parody of Dracula.

Although my favorite scene is still from "Love at First Bite." (The "black chicken" scene.)

"All right! You put a shiv in my partner. You know what that means? Goddammit! All winter long I got to listen to him gripe about his bowling scores. Now I'm gonna bust your foot for those three bags and I'm gonna nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie."

"This is Doyle. I'm sittin' on Frog One."

"Yeah, I know that. We got the Westbury covered like a tent."

"The Westbury my foot! I got him on the shuttle at Grand Central, now what the hell's going on up there?"

"Weinstock, I'm telling you, they'll split if we don't move! This guy's got 'em like that, he's everything they say he is!"

"What about you, Sal? Are you everything they say YOU are?"

George

You've got it, my man. Were the lines that memorable, or did the (parts of) character names give it away?

George

More the latter. The name Doyle (Popeye Doyle is the main character) and the term "Frog one" gave it away. The drug smugglers in the movie are French.

The fact that we watched it about six months ago also helped. :-)

Okay here's the next one.

"I've told you I love you before. And it wasn't for tires...it was for shocks"

"Here's a quarter. Go downtown and pay somebody to have a rat gnaw that thing off your face!"

"In the field of live, local home entertainment, I am a GOD!"

:biglaugh:

Edited by Jbarrax

"Listen up, you little spazoids. I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will cry when they see what I've done to you."

"You're right! You're not your dad! He could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves!"

"Ketchup Popsicle?"

"Yeah. I learned everything I know from him. I didn't have a real father, but you, he was your real dad and you just took him for granted."

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it."

George

"God, you're gonna remember this the rest of your life. Can't believe you've never been cow tipping before. Get ready to live. Huh, huh, huh, ssshhhh. She's sleepin'. What you do is, you put your shoulder into her and you push."

"And?"

"They fall over, hee, hee, hee."

"And this doesn't strike you as kinda' dumb?"

"We're family, we're gonna be doing lots of dumb stuff together. Wait 'til Christmas."

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

"Hey, what's your name?"

"Helen."

"That's nice, you look like a Helen. Helen, we're both in sales. Let me tell you why I suck as a sales man. Let's say I go into a guy's office, let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jojo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet."

[Reaches down and picks up a dinner roll]

"Now the pet is my possible sale. Hello there pretty little pet, I love you. And then I stoke it, and I pet it, and I massage it. Hehe I love it, I love my little naughty pet."

[Pokes the roll playfully]

"You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go..."

[makes ripping noises as he tears apart the roll]

[Wailing loudly, making the whole restaurant look] "Uuuuuuh! I killed it! I killed my sale! And that's when I blow it. That's when people like us have gotta forge ahead, Helen. Am I right?"

"God, you're sick!"

"Listen up, you little spazoids. I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will cry when they see what I've done to you."

"You're right! You're not your dad! He could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves!"

"Ketchup Popsicle?"

"Yeah. I learned everything I know from him. I didn't have a real father, but you, he was your real dad and you just took him for granted."

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it."

George

"Son of a...! That's gonna leave a mark!"

"Shnikeys!"

"God, you're gonna remember this the rest of your life. Can't believe you've never been cow tipping before. Get ready to live. Huh, huh, huh, ssshhhh. She's sleepin'. What you do is, you put your shoulder into her and you push."

"And?"

"We're family, we're gonna be doing lots of dumb stuff together. Wait 'til Christmas."

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

"Hey, what's your name?"

"Helen."

"That's nice, you look like a Helen. Helen, we're both in sales. Let me tell you why I suck as a sales man. Let's say I go into a guy's office, let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jojo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet."

"Now the pet is my possible sale. Hello there pretty little pet, I love you. And then I stoke it, and I pet it, and I massage it. Hehe I love it, I love my little naughty pet."

[Wailing loudly, making the whole restaurant look] "Uuuuuuh! I killed it! I killed my sale! And that's when I blow it. That's when people like us have gotta forge ahead, Helen. Am I right?"

"God, you're sick!"

"Ketchup Popsicle?"

George

"Son of a...! That's gonna leave a mark!"

"Shnikeys!"

"And?"

"Hey, what's your name?"

"Helen."

"God, you're sick!"

"Ketchup Popsicle?"

George

The top two are "trademarks" of the film.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Yes this is a movie quote George. Let me put it in bold letters for you.

We've got entirely to many trouble makers here. Too many 40 year old adultesants, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. It's goin to change.

More of the same flick.

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Come on this isn't that hard. :blink:

We've got entirely to many trouble makers here. Too many 40 year old adultesants, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. It's goin to change.

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

"I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

"Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he'll drop like a stone."