GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Next movie, then:

"One has studied your history. Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having."

"You see, imperfection is the key. Imperfections make us individuals, that's what makes us unique. See my nose, how it is all bulbous and pock marked, well, I am the only one with my nose."

"I think personality is much more important than intelligence, don't you?"

Edited by Maddy

Probably not but When Harry Met Sally?

No. Nothing like that.

"One has studied your history. Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having."

"You see, imperfection is the key. Imperfections make us individuals, that's what makes us unique. See my nose, how it is all bulbous and pock marked, well, I am the only one with my nose."

"I think personality is much more important than intelligence, don't you?"

"Andrew, People grow through time, then for you, time is a completely different proposition, for you, time is endless."

"We read five times that you were killed, in five different places."

"As you can see, it was true every single time."

"Where were you last night?"

"That's so long ago, I don't remember."

"Will I see you tonight?"

"I never make plans that far ahead."

"You mustn't underestimate American blundering. I was with them when they "blundered" into Berlin in 1918."

"How can you close me up? On what grounds?"

"I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here."

"Your winnings, sir."

"Oh, thank you, very much."

Ok. I don't know if I should say this one is an easy one or not. *wonders what kind of movies do the rest of the people in this thread like*

"That's it, baby, when you've got it, flaunt it, flaunt it!"

"Have you gone mad? A receptionist who can't speak English? What will people say?"

"They'll say, "A wuma wa wa wa wa!" "

"Actors are not animals! They're human beings!"

"They are? Have you ever eaten with one?"

"This pin used to hold a pearl the size of your eye. Look at me now, LOOK AT ME NOW! I'm wearing a cardboard belt!"

"Have you gone mad? A receptionist who can't speak English? What will people say?"

"This pin used to hold a pearl the size of your eye. Look at me now, LOOK AT ME NOW! I'm wearing a cardboard belt!"

"You're an accountant! You're in a noble profession! The word "count" is part of your title!"

"Shut up, I'm having a rhetorical conversation."

Edited by Maddy

"You're an accountant! You're in a noble profession! The word "count" is part of your title!"

"Shut up, I'm having a rhetorical conversation."

Let's make it even more easy to guess:

"Gregor Samsa awoke one morning to discover that he had been transformed into a giant cockroach." Nah, it's too good."

"Not many people know it, but the Fuhrer was a terrific dancer."

Once we had a dancing Hitler, the other clues fell into place. ;)

"Let me show you how this is done. First thing, hold the glass up and examine the wine against the light. You're looking for color and clarity. Just, get a sense of it. OK? Uhh, thick? Thin? Watery? Syrupy? OK? Alright. Now, tip it. What you're doing here is checking for color density as it thins out towards the rim. Uhh, that's gonna tell you how old it is, among other things. It's usually more important with reds. OK? Now, stick your nose in it. Don't be shy, really get your nose in there. Mmm... a little citrus... maybe some strawberry..."

" ... passion fruit..."

[puts hand up to ear]

"... and, oh, there's just like the faintest soupçon of like asparagus and just a flutter of a, like a, nutty Edam cheese..."

"Wow. Strawberries, yeah! Strawberries. Not the cheese..."

"If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot."

"No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any f---ing Merlot!"

George

Correct.

That was -- errr -- FAST!

George

That one was easy because we just watched it a couple of weeks ago. :-)

Okay my turn. Let me think of a good one...

This one should actually be pretty easy. But it's a movie with lots of great quotes, so more clues can be added if necessary.

"What are we going to call him?"

"We could name him after your father."

"Tiberius? You kidding me? No, that's the worst. Let's name him after your dad."