GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

This one should actually be pretty easy. But it's a movie with lots of great quotes, so more clues can be added if necessary.

"What are we going to call him?"

"We could name him after your father."

"Tiberius? You kidding me? No, that's the worst. Let's name him after your dad."

Hint for Human and others: Do you know a fictional character whose MIDDLE name is Tiberius? ;)

George

I don't remember any part of the title other than "Star Trek," but Maddy is correct. (I'm taking the liberty of answering for jbarrax.)

George

I wasn't sure if "the future begins" was part of the title of the movie or some kind of tag line.

I'll have to think quotes, I guess...

I wasn't sure if "the future begins" was part of the title of the movie or some kind of tag line.

I'll have to think quotes, I guess...

Yes George is right. I think "The Future Begins" was just the tagline. I had hoped it would go a bit further so I could share my favorite quote of the film.

"I am not our father." :-)

The Tiberius reference pointed to a TOS movie, but I didn't figure out which movie it was until the other quote. It wasn't easy. :)

Ok, next movie:

"Have you figured out what you're going to say to your board when they realize you paid me thirty million more than others were offering?"

"I saw him wreck a 100,000 dollar boat because he liked the splash."

"Tommy, that's a hundred thousand dollars on a goddam golf swing!"

"It's a beautiful Saturday morning, John... What the hell else have we got to do?"

"Can I drop you someplace? At your hotel?"

"One, I keep an apartment here, and two, I am going to your office."

"She keeps an apartment. I keep goldfish."

The Tiberius reference pointed to a TOS movie, but I didn't figure out which movie it was until the other quote. It wasn't easy. :)

Ok, next movie:

"Have you figured out what you're going to say to your board when they realize you paid me thirty million more than others were offering?"

"I saw him wreck a 100,000 dollar boat because he liked the splash."

"Tommy, that's a hundred thousand dollars on a goddam golf swing!"

"It's a beautiful Saturday morning, John... What the hell else have we got to do?"

"Can I drop you someplace? At your hotel?"

"One, I keep an apartment here, and two, I am going to your office."

"She keeps an apartment. I keep goldfish."

Other People's Money?

No.

I'll post some more quotes tomorrow. :)

I know I've seen that scene with the quote about the $30 million. It's some kind of wheeler-dealer insider trading flick.

Wallstreet?

I know I've seen that scene with the quote about the $30 million. It's some kind of wheeler-dealer insider trading flick.

Wallstreet?

No.

"This is a black and white ball."

"That's okay, I wasn't invited anyway."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"You know, I was okay once. My girlfriend went out one night and came back... married. I told everyone that I didn't care, and then I f*cked five women in three days, flipped my car on an on-ramp, beat a suspect unconscious, got suspended... but I was "okay." "

"I'm sorry?"

"Women. You get to talk about women."

"Oh, I enjoy women."

"Enjoyment isn't intimacy."

"And intimacy isn't necessarily enjoyment."

"How would you know? Has it occurred to you that you have a problem with trust?"

"I trust myself implicitly."

Edited by Maddy

No.

"This is a black and white ball."

"That's okay, I wasn't invited anyway."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"You know, I was okay once. My girlfriend went out one night and came back... married. I told everyone that I didn't care, and then I f*cked five women in three days, flipped my car on an on-ramp, beat a suspect unconscious, got suspended... but I was "okay." "

"I'm sorry?"

"Women. You get to talk about women."

"Oh, I enjoy women."

"Enjoyment isn't intimacy."

"And intimacy isn't necessarily enjoyment."

"How would you know? Has it occurred to you that you have a problem with trust?"

"I trust myself implicitly."

Curious if the film you named is correct, did they actually use those words in the movie? I didn't think could say that in PG 13. There wasn't any nudity that I recall either.

Maddy? Did I get it or not?

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I didn't log in yesterday.

YES! You've got it. :)

I wasn't even starting with the easy quotes... I was hoping to post: "Monet's unknown masterpiece, Dogs At Cards." :biglaugh:

Human without the bean, the quotes are from the newer version of the film, the one with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo, not the Steve McQueen one. Although Faye Dunaway works in both versions. :P

Your turn, Jbarrax.

Edited by Maddy

Oh boy! My turn again. :dance:

"Boy! When you die at the palace, you really die at the palace!"

We are so poor, we don't even have a language! All we have is this stupid accent!"

She's right! We all sound like Maurice Chevalier! Hon,hon hon!

Would you please step on the same foot at the same time?! My tits are falling off!"

Edited by Jbarrax

Question? Are these clues used together in the flick or are they broken up? Because, if they are it makes it harder at least for me to tell where the line may come from. Just saying.

Use some lines for clues, then if necessary, uses some more until somebody gets it. But I don't think that it should ever be put out spiraticly! I like yur enthusiam Jbarrax. Keep it up. Human

I'm pretty sure that these are lines from different parts of the movie. By JB's grouping, I would also assume that the middle two quotes go together as a part of a conversation. The movie seems familiar, but I don't know yet...

George

They're from three different parts of the movie.

Jbarrax, your free to post where ever in a movie you like. I think it just makes is too tough to remember lines when you take bits and pieces from a movie and try to have someone put them together.

The idea behind this thread is not to try to stump the panel, although you don't try to make it obvious here either.

It's hard to stump this crowd with a Mel Brooks movie, anyway.

This one is "History of the World, Part I."

Comicus had trouble when performing at Caesar's Palace.

The peasants in the French Revolution were incredibly poor.

And the Empress, I think, was having trouble with her litter-bearers.

(I know I didn't HAVE to specify those, but I did anyway and you

couldn't stop me...)