GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

• 2 weeks later...

"You gave your girlfriend a radioactive jewelry?"

"The emission is harmless, Doctor. But its unique signature makes it very easy to identify."

"You gave your girlfriend a tracking device?"

"Is that classical music I hear?"

"Yes, Doctor, I believe it is."

"Leaving me behind will significantly increase your chances of survival, Doctor."

"Well that's damn chivalrous of you, but completely out of the question."

George

"Yeah, they say it hurts less if it's a surprise."

"If I may adopt a parlance with which you are familiar, I can confirm that theory to be horses--t."

"We got no ship, no crew, how're going to get out of this one?"

"We will find hope in the impossible."

"You gave your girlfriend a radioactive jewelry?"

"The emission is harmless, Doctor. But its unique signature makes it very easy to identify."

"You gave your girlfriend a tracking device?"

"Is that classical music I hear?"

"Yes, Doctor, I believe it is."

"Leaving me behind will significantly increase your chances of survival, Doctor."

"Well that's damn chivalrous of you, but completely out of the question."

George

• 4 weeks later...

Might as well jump in again.

"What is this place?"

"Looks like a diner."

"That's clever. You know, you almost had me going there for a while. I was a bit groggy before, then I started noticing things. Like, you got a stockbroker over here, all dressed up reading the Financial Times on a Sunday morning when the market's closed. Unlikely, but okay, I can go with that. I can even go with the stick-up man packing a cop-issue Beretta. But you want to know where you blew it? [points at waitress] With her. My aunt was in the restaurant business all her life. There's no way in hell a career waitress comes to work in high heels. She'd have blisters the size of pancakes before lunch. And if she ain't real, then this whole thing ain't real. That's how I knew this bozo over here wouldn't get a shot off even if we waited till St. Patrick's Day.  Because there's nothing but blanks in these guns. Oh, and no offense, but their performances were terrible."

George

Not the Truman Show.

"What is this place?"

"Looks like a diner."

"That's clever. You know, you almost had me going there for a while. I was a bit groggy before, then I started noticing things. Like, you got a stockbroker over here, all dressed up reading the Financial Times on a Sunday morning when the market's closed. Unlikely, but okay, I can go with that. I can even go with the stick-up man packing a cop-issue Beretta. But you want to know where you blew it? [points at waitress] With her. My aunt was in the restaurant business all her life. There's no way in hell a career waitress comes to work in high heels. She'd have blisters the size of pancakes before lunch. And if she ain't real, then this whole thing ain't real. That's how I knew this bozo over here wouldn't get a shot off even if we waited till St. Patrick's Day.  Because there's nothing but blanks in these guns. Oh, and no offense, but their performances were terrible."

"First you set me up in the bar. Then you shoot me in the back."

"My boss does it to me. I did it to you. It's a vicious circle."

"I've been undercover here for two years."

"Two years? What was your plan? To let them die of old age?"

George

• 2 weeks later...

A sequel to this movie is currently in theaters.

"The things I'm gonna do for my country!"

"What is this place?"

"Looks like a diner."

"First you set me up in the bar. Then you shoot me in the back."

"My boss does it to me. I did it to you. It's a vicious circle."

"I've been undercover here for two years."

"Two years? What was your plan? To let them die of old age?"

George

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

Edited by Raf

• 1 month later...

"Hold it! You'd never last five minutes in a New York subway!"

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

"Now, THAT's how it's done!"

You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor!"

Edited by WordWolf
Fixed formatting typo.