GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

First, we have the white couple, doing all their repairs by hand,  saving the city.  The only Asians we see are gullible and fleeced by a con artist.  The only African-American is a con artist.  The only Latino is a murderer, and he almost has no face, he's almost sub-human.  (It's even specific he's a Puerto Rican from the Bronx, just to push the knife in a little more.)   We also have a white villain, but he's contrasted with the nice couple, so he's not really a stereotype.

"Believe." NO, I WON'T!

I certainly won't believe Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore in "Ghost," at any rate.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. I mean honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."

"One good deed is not enough to save a man from a lifetime of wickedness."   "Though it seems enough to condemn him."     "Indeed."

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."   "You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement! In a fair fight, I'd kill you!"    "Well, that's not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it? Listen to me, boy! There are only two rules that really matter in this world: what a man can do, an' what a man can't do."

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. I mean honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."

"One good deed is not enough to save a man from a lifetime of wickedness."   "Though it seems enough to condemn him."     "Indeed."

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."   "You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement! In a fair fight, I'd kill you!"    "Well, that's not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it? Listen to me, boy! There are only two rules that really matter in this world: what a man can do, an' what a man can't do."

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really... except for Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman."

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really... except for Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman."

"Well! I'm actually feeling rather good about this. I think we all arrived at a very special place eh? Spiritually. Ecumenically. Grammatically.....I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that... Elizabeth. It would never have worked out between us, darling. I'm sorry... Will. Nice hat.... Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you-"

On 11/8/2023 at 9:22 AM, Raf said:

ALMOST...

I have the first half, but stuck on the second.

My guess is the OG.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Didn't mean to leave this hanging.  Yes, that is correct.

BTW, the unfinished sentence at the end was obviously going to be "Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you ALMOST caught Jack Sparrow" but events in the scene interrupted the line.

"A man curses because he doesn't have the words to say what's on his mind."

"'Black: Destitute of light, devoid of color. Enveloped in darkness, hence, utterly dismal or gloomy as, 'The future looked black.'"

"Pretty good with them words, ain't ya?"

"Soiled with dirt. Foul. Sullen. Hostile. Forbidding, as, 'a black day.' Foully or outrageously wicked as, 'black cruelty.' lndicating disgrace, dishonor or culpability. And there's others. 'Blackmail.' 'Blackball.' 'Blackguard.'"

"Yeah, man. That's something, all right."

"Let's look up 'white.' Here. Read."

"'White: The color of pure snow. Reflecting all the rays of the spectrum. The opposite of black. Free from spot or blemish.' 'lnnocent?' 'Pure.' Huh? Ain't this something?"

"It's amusing that the roast beef is the same price as an Oldsmobile."

"I love you too... Rosenthal."

"A man should be treated better than his luggage."  "Yeah, well, my luggage was sucked out the door. Luckily my radio is frozen to my wrist."

"You're a phony. You're a phony. Yes, you are! And you know what, you can't even sing. Your voice was dubbed."

"What are you doing here?"    "A very brief cameo."   "Me too."

"Maybe we could jump PARTWAY."

"It's amusing that the roast beef is the same price as an Oldsmobile."

"I love you too... Rosenthal."

"A man should be treated better than his luggage."  "Yeah, well, my luggage was sucked out the door. Luckily my radio is frozen to my wrist."

"You're a phony. You're a phony. Yes, you are! And you know what, you can't even sing. Your voice was dubbed."

"What are you doing here?"    "A very brief cameo."   "Me too."

"I suggest we jump."  "Are you crazy? That's at least a hundred feet!" "I didn't say it was a GOOD suggestion." "Maybe we could jump PARTWAY."

"It pays to know a second language."

"But I hate pepperoni!" 

"Frisbee?" "Lost."  "Fake vomit?" "It's all in order!"  

"Good idea- here are those paper towels."  "Hey, I've got some hot mustard. Maybe that will eat through the bars."

"...so I said,  ''Look, Mother. It's my life, okay? So if I want to live on a beach and walk around naked..." Oh."

"You are all WEIRDOS."

"Wake up. Here come the bikinis!"

"All out for England!" "Oh, great! The plane is landing!" "The plane? No, the plane lands in Italy.  YOU land in England."