GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"The problem is, I feel responsible for her self-nullifying behavior."

"Turn it off, man! Turn it off! It's sucking my will to live!"

"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees."

"Guys! Wait up! I fell on my keys!"

"I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night.  Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion it's called murder?"

"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees."

"I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night.  Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion it's called murder?"

"Listen, we need to have a talk about Vanderhoff. The fact is, he's the sponsor, and you signed a contract guaranteeing him certain concessions, one of them being a spot on the show."
 "Well, that's where I see things just a little differently. Contract or no, I will not bow to any sponsor."
"Sorry you feel that way, but basically, it's the nature of the beast."
"Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but for me, the beast doesn't include selling out.  Garth, you know what I'm talking about, right?"
 "It's like people only do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad."
"I can't talk about it anymore. It's giving me a headache."
 "Here, take two of these."  "Ahh, Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different."
"Look, you can stay here in the big-leagues and play by the rules, or you can go back to the farm club in Aurora. It's your choice. "  "Yes, and it's The Choice of a New Generation."

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Listen, we need to have a talk about Vanderhoff. The fact is, he's the sponsor, and you signed a contract guaranteeing him certain concessions, one of them being a spot on the show."
 "Well, that's where I see things just a little differently. Contract or no, I will not bow to any sponsor."
"Sorry you feel that way, but basically, it's the nature of the beast."
"Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but for me, the beast doesn't include selling out.  Garth, you know what I'm talking about, right?"
 "It's like people only do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad."
"I can't talk about it anymore. It's giving me a headache."
 "Here, take two of these."  "Ahh, Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different."
"Look, you can stay here in the big-leagues and play by the rules, or you can go back to the farm club in Aurora. It's your choice. "  "Yes, and it's The Choice of a New Generation."

The first quote was translated from Cantonese, since Wayne was practicing it to impress Cassandra. He apparently got pretty far since he managed this sentence in Cantonese.

Ed ONeill played a guy working at their favorite diner.  Apparently, he's led an interesting life- but we'll never find out what he's done before now....

The clip of "Wayne's World" with "amazing discoveries" ended with Garth's head being sucked up by the "suck-cut"- which actually is the same as the real-world invention the flowbee (cutting hair while vacuuming it up.)

Wayne considered fame versus artistic integrity.  Garth was sneaking and dropped at the wrong angle and fell on his keys (he hurt his thigh.)

One scene had Benjamin talking to them about the sponsor's segment in the show. Wayne and Garth repudiated sponsorship- all in between VERY conspicuous product placements- Pizza Hut, Reebok, Nuprin, and Pepsi.

George's turn!

"Nothing from that first day I saw her and no one that has happened to me since, has ever been as frightening and as confusing. For no person I've ever known has ever done more to make me feel more sure, more insecure, more important and less significant."

"Not even the BEST of friends go halfsies on a rubber!"

1:  "Go away, Benjie."

2:  "It's my book."

3:  "Let him look."

1:  "There! They're doin' it!"

2:  "I don't believe it."

1:  "Well, you better believe it! 'Cause one day your turns gonna come and you better know what to do."

2:  "I don't believe it. My mother and father never did that! Never!"

1:  "Why not?"

2:  "Because it's stupid!"

3:  "No, I hate to break the news to you, Benjie, but that's the way its done."

George

"Nothing from that first day I saw her and no one that has happened to me since, has ever been as frightening and as confusing. For no person I've ever known has ever done more to make me feel more sure, more insecure, more important and less significant."

1:  "Well, you better believe it! 'Cause one day your turns gonna come and you better know what to do."

"I was never to see her again. Nor was I ever to learn what became of her. We were different then. Kids were different. It took us longer to understand the things we felt. Life is made up of small comings and goings. And for everything we take with us, there is something that we leave behind."

"Aw, come on, an older woman like that, what's a little feel to her. Come on, did she let you have a feel to her?"

"She gave me some donuts."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

14 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Stand By Me"??????

Even earlier.

"I was never to see her again. Nor was I ever to learn what became of her. We were different then. Kids were different. It took us longer to understand the things we felt. Life is made up of small comings and goings. And for everything we take with us, there is something that we leave behind."

"Aw, come on, an older woman like that, what's a little feel to her. Come on, did she let you have a feel to her?"

"I'm not interested in Aggie!"

"You're not ready for the older lady. I have to sharpen you up on someone else. Aggie's all I got."

"How'd you make out?"

"Pretty good."

"What'd you do?"

"I held her breasts."

"You didn't!"

"For almost 11 minutes."

"Fantastic!"

"Eleven full minutes!"

"You timed it!"

"Yeah. The longest I ever got was 8 minutes with Lila Harrison."

"So, you broke your record!"

"By 3 minutes!"

George

Slightly later film.  Instrumental theme song was big.

"I'm not interested in Aggie!"

"You're not ready for the older lady. I have to sharpen you up on someone else. Aggie's all I got."

"How'd you make out?"

"Pretty good."

"What'd you do?"

"I held her breasts."

"You didn't!"

"For almost 11 minutes."

"Fantastic!"

"Eleven full minutes!"

"You timed it!"

"Yeah. The longest I ever got was 8 minutes with Lila Harrison."

"So, you broke your record!"

"By 3 minutes!"

I was never to see her again. Nor was I ever to learn what became of her. We were different then. Kids were different. It took us longer to understand the things we felt. Life is made up of small comings and goings. And for everything we take with us, there is something that we leave behind. In the [TITLE OF MOVIE], we raided the Coast Guard station four times, we saw five movies, and had nine days of rain. Benji broke his watch, Oscy gave up the harmonica, and in a very special way, I lost Hermie forever.

George