GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Hold it! You'd never last five minutes in a New York subway!"   *WHAM*   *WHAM*     "Now, THAT's how it's done!"

"I'm saying that if CBS was there, we would have 'made' Sports Spectacular!"     "What-you wanna do it again?"

"I'll be d*ed-a Kojak with a Kodak!"

"Might be easier with your lights on."      "Why advertise?"

"Why'd he call me 'shorty'?"  "Because you're small. Small.   S-M-all."

"When you don't want him he's around! When you want him he's not around! I'm gonna go get a beer!"

"Only in America! Get me 12 suites, better yet, the entire floor!"

"This infrared is the cat's @$$."

"He can say that. He can say that cause if I had the time, I'd take those rosary beads and shove em up your nose."     "These rosary beads? Up this nose?"     "Yeah."   "Will ya take a little advice? Bring friends." "Yeah, lots of them."

"Listen to what I'm telling you. You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor! Go where the - go where the doctors hang out."   "Where is that?" "Bars, golf courses."   "Golf course, bar. All right. Where else? Hospital!"      "Try that too." 

" Maybe next year, we'll do this again."

"You all right, Victor?"    "Oh, I'm fine, J.J. It only hurts when I point."

"This is my faithful companion, Cato... Say hello, Cato!     Been a cop long?"

"For this I sent you to the best schools? For this I'm spending eight thousand on orthodonture work? For this I'm going broke paying that Beverly Hills analyst?"

"I can't believe this is happening to me. This is not a joke any more. I'm being kidnapped."  "Well, you can call it kidnapping if you want to be rude."

"I've always wanted to be...'Captain America'!  It's a living!"

No, this is NOT, repeat NOT, a Marvel movie.  Again, it's NOT a Marvel movie, of any type, nor a Marvel production, etc. Not Marvel, period.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Green Hornet?

George

No. I forgot to exclude that, but his sidekick's name is spelled "Kato" and I would have posted that correctly, I hope.    Not based on any comic book, cartoon, comic strip, etc.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:16 AM, WordWolf said:

"Hold it! You'd never last five minutes in a New York subway!"   *WHAM*   *WHAM*     "Now, THAT's how it's done!"

"I'm saying that if CBS was there, we would have 'made' Sports Spectacular!"     "What-you wanna do it again?"

Mad Dog and "Batman."  In the first, that was the fight with the bikers. "Batman" was punching and doing no damage.  So, Mad Dog used a 2 x 4 to KO his opponent, strike to the shin, then to the back of the head.    In the 2nd quote, they had been "forced" to try to jump a freight train.  They reached the train just as a FLAT BED was crossing, so they made a successful jump.  Later, "Batman" was still impressed at what they'd done.

"Might be easier with your lights on."      "Why advertise?"

"James Bond" (Seymour Goldfarb Jr) decided to travel incognito AT NIGHT.

"Why'd he call me 'shorty'?"  "Because you're small. Small.   S-M-all."

Fenderbaum and Jamie Blake (Sammy Davis Jr and Dean Martin)  when a state trooper stopped them and called  Fenderbaum "shorty."

"When you don't want him he's around! When you want him he's not around! I'm gonna go get a beer!"

Towards the end, JJ was fed up with "Captain Chaos" and his appearances and disappearances.

"Only in America! Get me 12 suites, better yet, the entire floor!"

Sheik Abul Ben Falafel, upon arriving at the hotel for the race.  Someone had just "parked" in the hotel LOBBY.

"This infrared is the cat's @$$."

Overnight, the Japanese team used an infrared spotlight and scanner rather than their headlights.  When they passed a speed trap (which their car detected) the troopers heard something zoom past and the radar gun detected "something" at around 130 mph.

"He can say that. He can say that cause if I had the time, I'd take those rosary beads and shove em up your nose."     "These rosary beads? Up this nose?"     "Yeah."   "Will ya take a little advice? Bring friends." "Yeah, lots of them."

JJ Mc Clure (Burt Reynolds) and Jamie Blake at the road closure towards the end.  They had been sniping at each other all through the race, and things looked like a fight might start.  Blake and Fenderbaum were dressed as priests, so Blake had rosary beads.  ("We have a secret weapon- God is our co-pilot." "Remember our car? 2 seats?  Where's he gonna sit?") 

"Listen to what I'm telling you. You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor! Go where the - go where the doctors hang out."   "Where is that?" "Bars, golf courses."   "Golf course, bar. All right. Where else? Hospital!"      "Try that too." 

JJ and Victor were driving an ambulance, so they needed a doctor and a patient.  Victor was supposed to get a doctor, but had been unable to do so,

" Maybe next year, we'll do this again."

After the race, Goldfarb suggested that.  It was probably the last official line of the movie.

"You all right, Victor?"    "Oh, I'm fine, J.J. It only hurts when I point."

Early in the movie, JJ crashed a boat with VIctor on board.  That's when they found out how fast an ambulance can go, which gave them an idea.  Victor's index finger was in a splint, stuck pointing.

"This is my faithful companion, Cato... Say hello, Cato!     Been a cop long?"

Captain Chaos, causing problems for JJ and calling him Cato to a highway patrolman. 

"For this I sent you to the best schools? For this I'm spending eight thousand on orthodonture work? For this I'm going broke paying that Beverly Hills analyst?"

Mrs Goldfarb, fed up with her son's obsession with Roger Moore and delusion he was Moore.

"I can't believe this is happening to me. This is not a joke any more. I'm being kidnapped."  "Well, you can call it kidnapping if you want to be rude."

JJ and Victor's patient, realizing she was stuck going cross-country, and JJ trying to spin control it.

"I've always wanted to be...'Captain America'!  It's a living!"

At the end of the movie, JJ tore off Victor's Captain Chaos mask and cape, and said there wasn't going to be any more Captain Chaos.  "I don't care. Because.. I've always wanted to be Captain USA! It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!" *complete with new cape and USA mask*

In the closing credits, The outtakes were shown. The last one was this scene.  Dom de Luise changes his lines to make the cast crack up.  "I've always wanted to be, Captain AMERICA!  It's a living!"  The cast. ready for the other lines. all broke up laughing.

No, this is NOT, repeat NOT, a Marvel movie.  Again, it's NOT a Marvel movie, of any type, nor a Marvel production, etc. Not Marvel, period.

I mentioned that because someone would have assumed it was a movie with Captain America, even after I said it was not, so I kept repeating it.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:16 AM, WordWolf said:

"I'll be d*ed-a Kojak with a Kodak!"

Oh, lost this one.  When the Japanese team was driving on Infra Red, their monitor started blinking. "WARNING- RADAR DETECTED."  One of them gave this reply.      The next screen showed the police car's location, labelled "ENEMY".    They zoomed past the radar trap.   "Sayonara, bye-bye!"

"Chewing gum helps me think."

"Oh, sweetie, you're wasting your gum."

"Yes, I wear foundation. Yes, I live with a man. Yes, I'm a middle- aged fag. But I know who I am, Val. It took me twenty years to get here, and I'm not gonna let some idiot senator destroy that. F--- the senator, I don't give a damn what he thinks."

"I lost. I lost? Wait a second, I'm not supposed to lose. Let me see the script."

1:  "As my first order of business, I would like to appoint a new Sheriff... my friend Ahchoo."

(Crowd): "A black sheriff?"

2:  "He's black?"

1:  "And why not? It worked in Blazing Saddles."

George

"Benjamin is no one's friend. If Benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he would be Pralines and D!ck."

"I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago — excellent. I've had plenty of joe-jobs; nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets. OK, so I still live with my parents, which I admit is both bogus and sad. But at least I have an amazing cable access show! And I still know how to party!"