GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Didn't even see this thing here. Thanks for the nudge.

"Three dimes, a hundred dollar bill and 87 ones."

"Where did you go to school?"

"It was called George Washington."

"Oh G.W. My brother-in-law got his doctorate there. Did you pledge?"

"Yes. Every morning."

Nope.

"You've gotta get me someone who knows what she is doing. Excuse me. I'm not getting any of my mail, nothing has been filed. Ever since she got engaged, my life has been a disaster."

"You know, she came so highly recommended."

"She spent the last three months writing down her married name. "Mrs. Judy Hicks", "Mrs. Donald Hicks"; "Mrs. Judy Mitchellson Hicks", sometimes with a hyphen, sometimes without a hyphen. Sometimes, she spells the hyphen."

I have no idea as I am unfamiliar with the dialog.

Do have a question for Raf and WordWolf, where do you find these dialogs? (I am assuming you are not writing them from memory.)

Suda

"BIG!"

What other movie does a man cash his paycheck and ask for it in denominations that fit

into video games?

I have no idea as I am unfamiliar with the dialog.

Do have a question for Raf and WordWolf, where do you find these dialogs? (I am assuming you are not writing them from memory.)

Suda

In some cases, I HAVE gone from memory.

With DC Cab, I found NOTHING and worked hard to remember lines.

With "Stand and Deliver", I popped in the DVD and paused when I found some good lines.

With the others, I Goggled.

I put the name of the movie in quotes, I put the word "quotes" in quotes,

and then looked up the results.

In the case of Yellow Submarine, that gave me 2 pages.

In the case of the Highlander tv show, I ended up on Wikipedia pages.

Most movies, you'll find yourself on its IMDB page,

written up by fans of that movie.

In the case of the Star Trek episodes, I Google for the SCRIPT. Many episodes' scripts have been

posted entirely on webpages.

Nope.

"You've gotta get me someone who knows what she is doing. Excuse me. I'm not getting any of my mail, nothing has been filed. Ever since she got engaged, my life has been a disaster."

"You know, she came so highly recommended."

"She spent the last three months writing down her married name. "Mrs. Judy Hicks", "Mrs. Donald Hicks"; "Mrs. Judy Mitchellson Hicks", sometimes with a hyphen, sometimes without a hyphen. Sometimes, she spells the hyphen."

I remember the line about spelling the hyphen, but that didn't tell me which movie like the paycheck did.

(Yes, technically, dollar bills won't fit in a game, but in any arcade, you'll give singles to get handfuls of

quarters. And if you're on a roll, a worker there will stay nearby as you keep flagging him over

for more change. Ah, memories...Revolution X.... STUNrunner....)

I only go for movies I've seen. I go to www.imdb.com

Put an actor's name in the search box, wander around the site for a while until I find a movie I've actually seen, sometimes look for specific quotes, sometimes see if I find one I only remember when I've read it. They have the character names in there, so I copy and paste, then delete the character names. Usually it's a quote I specifically recall, but have no idea exactly how it went.

There are times when I go from memory, or I go with a movie I've just seen or am watching at the moment. In the case of Big, I just watched this movie. I could have picked lines I remember that are not on the imdb site, but it's easier to pick the ones that are there.

If no one had guessed, I would pop the movie back into my vcr and gone for the line where Tom Hanks says "I play with all these toys and tell them what I think." His friend replies, "And they pay you for that?"

"Yeah."

"Suckers!"

Now, those quotes are not precise, and they're not on imdb, so I would have to have typed it while the movie played.

Point is, I only go for movies I've seen and quotes I remember, and I use imdb to save time.

WordWolf, your move.

I had asked about who to find dialog, because on the off chance I should solve a puzzle, I wanted to know where to find dialog. I had a show I wanted to quote the last time I was up (in the TV thread), but had no luck finding it, so had to settle for something I was able to locate. Thanks for all the input. George, it's good to know we can use imperfect quotes from memory. Guess as long as we get the gist, it's acceptable.

Thanks again!

Suda

"What is it?"

"The sound of treachery."

"We'll be at this all day."

"Empires crumble. There are no exceptions."

"You're sweet... and you're young. Neither are traits that I hold in high regard."

""The empire is in peril."

"You're probably too young to know, but the empire is always in some kind of peril."

"My dear girl, I've buried two wives- and many lovers- and I'm in no mood for more of either."

"They told me European women had funny ways."

"The Count of Monte Cristo"?

George

No.

"You're a team, like Bert and Ernie, Superman and Clark Kent, Milli and Vanilli."

"We wanna buy some lumber."

"What kind of lumber?"

"Wood!"

"Don't talk to me you Benedict Arnold! You... Judas Priest!"

Cute but ultimately bad movie.