GreaseSpot Cafe

Who is having a White CHristmas?

likeaneagle

We got about an inch of liquid snow in the DFW area between yesterday and overnight. It was a real blessing since it was much more than what was predicted. We have a two-year drought going on.

Merry CHRISTMAS from Texas, y'all!

OMG! The dog was just barking at the front window and I walked over to see what he was barking at, looked down at my flower bed below the window and what did I spot??????

DAFFODILS! Seriously. I have one inch stalks (stems?) popping up through the winter mulch!

It's been freezing here, then warm, then cold again and is a "warm" 39 degrees with rain today, so the poor bulbs probably don't know what season it is!

DAFFODILS!!!!! Whodathunk???

J.

We are having a very white Christmas here in Juneau, Alaska. It has snowed on and off for weeks, and it was snowing yesterday too. It's still pitch dark out at 0833, so, I don't know if it's snowing at the moment. But I know that it is white out. We had a record snowfall last month with over fifty inches, and this month we've had only about thirty inches. And so, yes, it's a beautiful white Christmas for us. And so, I hear the kids! It's near time to open the presents!! Bye!

Dateline Arvada, Colorado-

yep, we got snow before Christmas. 31" in less than 30 hours on Wednesday and Thursday. We are glad to have it, any moisture means water for the spring. Unfortunately the swiftness with which it fell messed up some people's plans for holiday visits, throughout the country, but we thank all of them for their sacrifice in the name of moisture for us.

Denver airport was closed for 2 days (5th busiest port in the country). This not only affected local passengers, but screwed up schedules at virtually every airport in the US and beyond. Things are up and running now, mail is coming, the checks that were in the mail might finally make it, and Billy's present from grandma should be there this week some time.

The nice thing about a storm like this at this time of year is the goodness that it brings out in people. We have lots of stories of good deeds done, heroic steps taken by strangers, and neighbors banding together to help each other out (literally as well as figuratively).

Holiday greetings to one and all.

~HAP

We have no snow here in Milwaukee. That huge snowstorm we got that closed the city for the day, melted in a week. And the snowstorm that HAP got came in us in the form of rain. So, we had a wet Christmas. Puddles are everywhere like it was early spring. No flowers though.

My daughter was in northern Wisconsin for Christmas, and said there was snow up by her.

My mother in Florida said they had tornado warnings! :blink: