GreaseSpot Cafe

Bondage

Ham

14+ hour work days at times, even for VOLUNTEERS

being screamed at for over an hour because the reason we don't have new people coming to twig was because the non-members were "too boring", God forbid the notion that the doctrine was despicable..

Yep.. the "scream fests" occured bi, or tri weekly towards the end..

abandoning overtime and even job advancement so you could be at the beck and call as a VOLUNTEER for a "ministry" that you really weren't a member of..

Spending countless hours listening to the latest doctrinal drivel when I should have really been in school..

that was just for the run of the mill general follower.. in my experience. For most corps, it was WORSE.

No, it does not define my existence, but by and large, this was the TWI experience.

What I don't understand.. how can someone calmly set back and say, "well, the food was OK.."

The fondest memories some people have, including myself, revolve about food, or sharing time with people in the kitchen..

This is nothing new.

Numbers 11:

4 ¶ And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?

5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick:

6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

holy schmoley.

what was so pleasant about Egypt?

The wowburgers may have been ok.. too bad most of the rest of the experience wasn't worth a crap..

Must've been some pretty good leeks.. :biglaugh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. it seems now such a dark, distant memory..

"we ought to come to the realization that we owe our VERY LIVES to da ministry.."

Just a suggestion. Tantamount to a command, of course.

But the food!

ahhhhhh, the chicken at the ROA..

well, I HAVE had better.

Well, they didn't entirely have to do nothing. SOMEBODY had to point with the finger that which was "supposed" to be done..

Quite a few of them even taught their kids this awsome responsability..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I saw the title and I thought this would be a thread about furry handcuffs and the like.

Exactly what I was thinking, Geo, and I thought the answer to the the question "Bondage, why do people people just remember the food" was because you were handcufffed and food was what was being smeared all over you. What else you gonna remember, except maybe the wallpaper?

Actually, I was remembering the food today as I cut into a pecan pie today. Mmmm mmm. Straight from my home state. Remember those imposter pies at the ROA? "If you love pecan pie, you gonna love...." Actually they were good. I may have looked forward to those little slice-O-pie in plastic more than anything else at the ROA. That and the buscuits and gravy. Thanks to Bob Evans I have been able to recover. Thank you very much-o Mr. Roberto!

I'll have to agree about the pies, Lindy :) but otherwise the food really wasn't THAT good..

Besides the tainted doctrine, I think we were conned into thinking that we were being fed the best food in the whole world.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

at the advanced class they served the best fried chicken ever

the problem? the hostess at our table was the lady who wrote the book

christan etiquet{sp} was her name mrs owens??

so as a polite little christan,i waited till she dug in b4 i did,but alas she started eatin it with fork and knife so of course we had to follow suit.

what a waist of a good meal! ain't it sposed the be finger licking good!

then the next morning at breakfast there were bananas on the table

she commenced to peal it then put it on her plate and grabbed the knife and fork again and proceeded to slice the banana

i grabbed mine and excused my self and went outside and gobbled my down the way god intended i should

but she was a sweet lady

What about advanced class specials?

They started with some FAIR fixins..

but the mystery meat they served a day or two later.. yuck.

I couln't tell whether it was horse meat, or what..

a friend of mine swore it was dried liver.

Ah, and the millet..

To Coolchef I and my lovely wife were at the head table with Mrs Owe@ns too,I did not get the same prevelige to eat some fruit ,I proceeded to take an apple for later,she grabbed it right out of my hand and said"You were told not to take food out of the area"Man embarresed I was and ....ed later on why I should subject myself to such bullsh@t!!!

Indiana that year had the best apples!