GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Kevlar2000 !!!!

excathedra

Thank you all for your warm (and funny) wishes. You all are the best!

Excie and tonto, it was as much fun as the old boy could stand (see below and laugh).

Roy, thank you. I appreciate being able to have lived this long. I hope God's all right with it as well.

T-Bone, I'll take both - as long as the beer is Guinness (do they make ammo, too? I'll have to check the boutique section on their website - www.guinness.com)

Chatty, what I did between 18 and 2000? I kept upgrading!

Belle, that Frisbee is great! I'll have to find one. And resistant to dog bites. Always a plus.

dmiller, that happy birthday gif is great. I like how it's so festive - makes me want to go out and party (again, see below and laugh).

Ah, let's see, what did I do on my birthday?

Well, I got up. (and at my age, I'm thankful I'm still doing that.)

I went to work at an unnamed government agency for half a day. (I could tell you the name of it, but then I'd have to condemn your property and build a road over it.) Solved numerous minor crises, placated some public officials, infuriated others. A good time was had by all.

Took the rest of the day off. Had routine service maintenance done to the car. Picked up dry cleaning. Worked out at Bally's (nope, still no sign of LCM :) ). Called my mother so she could wish me happy birthday. (I would say I talked to her, but she does most of the talking :) )

Was invited by my estranged wife to come over to her house for a birthday dinner. It was quite tasty. (I don't like using the word "estranged" when talking about her, because it sounds too much like "strange", and if anyone in that relationship was strange...it wasn't her.)

Afterwards, I went to an Irish-themed pub to drink some Guinness (Yay :beer: ) and listen to some live music. I started chatting up some sweet young thing, but a couple of minutes into the conversation, she looks closer at me and says, "How old are you?" I told her (always having found it hard to be intentionally dishonest). She quickly moved away. I thought of that phrase from the "Just for Men" commercial, "Bruised and Refused!" :lol:

I'm still chuckling about that as I'm typing this.

But you know, one of the last things I thought about before going to sleep last night was, It's been 20 years ago this month since I left TWI. And every year, I still consider that one of the best birthday presents I ever gave myself.

Thanks again all!