GreaseSpot Cafe

quirks

excathedra

i'll be smart and give you a def.:

quirk: a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism

--

i know there's a thread somewhere about silly things we don't want to know about you, but i really do want to know. i love to laugh....

--

okay, i'll start -

my son brushes his teeth in the shower. doing this never occurred to me in my whole life. i don't mind, especially since it's a lot easier to clean the bathroom sink

one of mine:

i cannot have clocks set on the right time (except for one, the sacred clock). i like them all to be fast. however, i know exactly what time it is because i know how i set them..... but for some reason, i just have to keep them fast.... i know i'm lying to myself (i'll go over to the lying thread :)) but i'm not really since i know what time it is.....

okay, now you....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to clean the floor before I clean the other parts of the room. I do it because I like to walk in my bare feet, so I clean the floor, then go clean the counters, sink, shelves whatever, then clean the floor again as I leave the room.

But floors first

Edited by Dot Matrix

I wash my hands all the time. I walk around with Purell. I open doors with my sleeve so my hands do not touch the knobs.

When out and eating, I need a napkin to pick up the catsup because of all the hands that have touched it -- then I am suppose to use it, then pick up my burger after touching all those cooties? No, I use a napkin to pick up the catsup, and a different one to blot my mouth while eating.

oops spelling error

Edited by Dot Matrix

When I am at home on the weekends and I brew up a pot of coffee. I put the sweetener in the cup first and then pour the coffee. I pour the half and half down the center of the coffee, making sure that the coffee is as still as possible and wait for the dark brown cloud to rise and then I hum "clouds in your coffee, clouds in your coffee.*"

*Carly Simon

Edited by pawtucket

I use a computer mouse left handed at work and right handed at home. This is to keep my right handed boss out of my computer at work because she will move files on me and I will waste tons of time looking for them. At home, I share a computer with my husband and son, but they have different user names and passwords, so they can't touch my files.

I don't take socks off, other then to change them and to shower, from October until May. If the socks are wool - all the better. I hate cold feet, especially my own.

If someone touches the food on my plate without my invitation to take something, I will immediately be "DONE" with it. I refuse to eat after anyone. I really hate to see people handle food with their hands when there is a serving utensil available they could use to serve themselves.

I will not use someone else's earphone - like iPod earphones. No way, Jose!

Crumbs, splatters and food residue on counter tops are a distraction. I can't stand it when the kitchen counters are dirty or cluttered.

I absolutely have to sleep with a fan or white noise machine - I can not sleep without it. (Mainly because I listen to the ringing in my own ears when there's no white noise in the room - I have tinnitus and sometimes its worse than others.)

When I am at home on the weekends and I brew up a pot of coffee. I put the sweetener in the cup first and then pour the coffee. I pour the half and half down the center of the coffee, making sure that the coffee is as still as possible and wait for the dark brown cloud to rise and then I hum "clouds in your coffee, clouds in your coffee.*"

*Carly Simon

And what do your cats think of this practice? :biglaugh:

I wash my hands all the time. I walk around with Purell. I open doors with my sleeve so my hands do not touch the knobs.

When out and eating, I need a napkin to pick up the catsup because of all the hands that have touched it -- then I am suppose to use it, then pick up my burger after touching all those cooties? No, I use a napkin to pick up the catsup, and a different one to blot my mouth while eating.

oops spelling error

Dot - I have a friend who will NOT use ketchup out of a ketchup bottle at all UNLESS its brand new and she gets to pop it open for the first time. Otherwise, she will ask for ketchup packets at a restaurant... for the same reason you use a napkin to hold the bottle.

Chas said

"I absolutely have to sleep with a fan or white noise machine - I can not sleep without it. (Mainly because I listen to the ringing in my own ears when there's no white noise in the room - I have tinnitus and sometimes its worse than others.)

I sleep with white noise

I also will not put anything in my ear somebody else had in their ear..... No no no.

You drink out of my soda? It is now your soda

Dot - I have a friend who will NOT use ketchup out of a ketchup bottle at all UNLESS its brand new and she gets to pop it open for the first time. Otherwise, she will ask for ketchup packets at a restaurant... for the same reason you use a napkin to hold the bottle.

You can ask for a new bottle?

I will do that.

I also do not ask the waitress/ter any questions while they have my food in their hands, cause when they speak little spits fly out onto what you are eating - he11, I watch CSI

next

I don't take socks off, other then to change them and to shower, from October until May. If the socks are wool - all the better. I hate cold feet, especially my own.
can you sleep totally nakie with socks on ? (stop go away gs socks ;))

next (i'm lovin this)

If someone touches the food on my plate without my invitation to take something, I will immediately be "DONE" with it.

i asked my girlfriend for a sip of her mountain dew once. she looked HORRIFIED. she let me have a sip because she loved me a lot. then she took her shirt and wiped that thing AT LEAST 100 TIMES. i never asked for a sip again

I don't thing you're so weird, Dot. My wife won't touch public handrails or doors if she can help it. In a restaurant, I like my silverware on a paper napkin or the plate rather than on the table.

I used to eat each of the separate foods on my plate one at a time. I can't work with music on in the background. I wear clean clothes every day, but they all look the same, black denim pants, gray tee shirt. I do wear different shoes though. I don't trust cats. If something is broke, I get compulsed to fix it. I like lima beans and what my wife calls "stinky vegetables" such as brussel sprouts and asparagus. I brush my teeth with baking soda and the only type of soap I ever use is Dr Bronner's.

I will not use someone else's earphone - like iPod earphones. No way, Jose!
will you share Q-tips ?

--

Crumbs, splatters and food residue on counter tops are a distraction. I can't stand it when the kitchen counters are dirty or cluttered.

i'm with you on this one

--

i'm with you on this one
I absolutely have to sleep with a fan or white noise machine - I can not sleep without it. (Mainly because I listen to the ringing in my own ears when there's no white noise in the room - I have tinnitus and sometimes its worse than others.)

my child is with you on this one.....

I don't thing you're so weird, Dot. My wife won't touch public handrails or doors if she can help it. In a restaurant, I like my silverware on a paper napkin or the plate rather than on the table.

I used to eat each of the separate foods on my plate one at a time. I can't work with music on in the background. I wear clean clothes every day, but they all look the same, black denim pants, gray tee shirt. I do wear different shoes though. I don't trust cats. If something is broke, I get compulsed to fix it. I like lima beans and what my wife calls "stinky vegetables" such as brussel sprouts and asparagus. I brush my teeth with baking soda and the only type of soap I ever use is Dr Bronner's.

Gross story -- why I willnot touch handrails

One day while walking down the hall stairs in CA. for fear of elevators (another quirk: claustrophobic)

Someone had done hockers/boogies all down the handrail which I had grabbed onto. I washed my hands like a lunatic and have NOT touched a handrail since

If my silverware is on the table at the restaurant, I wash it off with purell... So, I am with you...

when i grocery shop i put it all up on the thingy according to how it will be put away in my house

there is one LOVELY gal (the only one i will go to) who understands me....

You probably think this song is about you! :biglaugh:

who, me quirky?! Hah!

Well, okay. I s'pose.

I go to a weight loss support/education group at my local VA medical center... though they all weigh in every week, I refuse to do that and ONLY weigh in once/month and it must be on the same scale in the same place every time...

I'm sure I have more... as I think of them, I'll make a note and post it as soon as I get back to the computer.

Jim says: If something is broke, I get compulsed to fix it.

PLEASE come to my house. I have a ton of broken toys, things that need new batteries, and other projects lined up that I simply can't keep up with.

Then, there's my computer.... which a whole Geek Squad City can't seem to figure out how to fix...