GreaseSpot Cafe

quirks

excathedra

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my quirk...a biggie...but i like it,although it drives others mad.

if i am not on the puter or watching a movie or reading or playing the piano etc

i allways have a pen in my hand

i doodle

i color in the circles in the o's e's the dollar signs

i color in the boarders of the margines

etc

i am nuts!!

is green ink legal ?
It is not made from Kryptonite!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

--

likeaneagle, i am totally witcha' on the morning routine

--

now here's one that i almost died over..... at least had my biggest panic attack do date

i saw my husband using the kitchen sink sponge to wipe out the dogs' water bowl (that filmy buildup)

i screamed -- don't use THAT ! that's for people dishes !!!!!!!

he said, "oh okay, but i've been doing this since we got buddy"

that's nine years !!!!!!

I don't like different foods on my plate to touch each other, and then I eat all of one food before I go on to the next! But I love casseroles!! (ya know, where all the different types of foods are mixed up!! LOL!) Go figure!!

I like ice cream with a bit of ice crystals--and will sprinkle some water on my ice cream and refreeze it so there will be ice crystals. So how weird is THAT??

I wear socks all the time, too!

I wash my dishes before they go in the dishwasher--rinse EVERYTHING off them, so I might as well be washing them! I also hand wash dishes more often than I load em in the dishwasher!

I like ice cream with a bit of ice crystals--and will sprinkle some water on my ice cream and refreeze it so there will be ice crystals. So how weird is THAT??
:confused: VERY! :confused: (Just kidding) :biglaugh:
I wear socks all the time, too!
As do I. But I have a reason (others might also). If I go barefoot around the house, the skin on my left foot will severely dry up and crack.

May as well add one of mine. :biglaugh:

I am constantly humming to myself. No particular tune, just humming a melody.

I don't do it while at the computer (I like total silence then),

but I do when I'm working, driving, etc., and also when I eat.

Drives my co-workers nuts, since we are expected to eat dinner with the clients at the house.

I never realized I did it until (after working there for maybe a whole two days), that Helen

(you all may remember her from the TIM confrontations 2 years ago),

slammed down her fork and said to me point blank --

"DO YOU KNOW YOU HUM WHEN YOU EAT!!??"

I must've looked pretty embarrased, because Loren (our 75 year old "troublemaker") :spy:

started waving his good arm, spoon still in hand at the table there "singing" (LOUDLY) --

AHHHHHEMMM HUMMM HMMM HHHHMMMM HHHHMMMMMMM,

and then laughed his head off at me, as did the rest of the table! : :redface:

Even these days --- It takes a conscious effort to refrain!

And Loren still mocks me with his "humming", left arm waving in air, spoon in hand,

at the dinner table from time to time, when I forget!

Edited by dmiller

Mr. Music Man...

That is halarious.

My dad hums all the time but only when he's working in his workshop or building something around the house... he says sometimes it drives him nuts but has a hard time stopping. His hums are more a windy 1/2 hum sound.

I wear my watch on the my right arm but only because when I first started wearing a watch at 14 yrs. I was told that the watch is worn on the left hand.

I IMMEDIATELY decided... NOT FOR ME... I"m gonna wear it on the right. It was weird, awkward, and uncomfortable to try and put my watchband on with my left hand but I did it :D

Now, I can't put it on with my right hand if I had to, even though I am right handed.

I can barely touch anything in the winter time that is metal. I get shocks all the time. I open car doors with my sleeves over my hands.

I leave all the drawers open on my dresser and all the cupboard doors in the kitchen. All you tidy people would freak.

I moan when i floss my teeth... it just feels so good...

Edited by A la prochaine

I won't use black ink because anybody can run it through a copy machine and it looks authentic.

I had too many kids copy passes or other stuff - - and I got ripped for it until I found out the old "black copies well trick" - - so it's blue or pencil or any other color. Red copies just like black - so I avoid that too.

If high school kids can figure that out - - who knows what some other crooks have in store for me if I'm not careful - - but you can think I'm too serious if you like.....

I was a photographer for many, many years. When I would work with film in total darkness such as loading roll film onto processing reels or sheets into the holders or whatever, I always had my eyes squeezed shut. I never realized this until one company I worked for bought some infrared vision equipment to diagnose processing machines in total darkness and an assistant and I were playing with it one evening. She was watching me and caught that and it became a joke at the studio.

I also start each and every day with coffee and a cigarette...usually more than one each.

Shell,

yes.

husband isn't very happy with me at times. i have tried to change it... really i have.

oh unlike many here.. i hate wearing socks.

I wear them only til april and then it's off they go.. and i hold off as long as i can ... sometimes til end of november.

I feel my feet are way too hot in socks. And if slippers are worn in the winter ... they cannot be worn with socks. Way too hot!

Edited by A la prochaine

David, we always knew you had music in your soul.

A la, I hate wearing socks, too.

Krys, your reason for not using black ink (which I always use) is very logical. Leave it to a teacher! On a similar note, I shred the address portion of every piece of mail that comes into my house. I know it's not that difficult to find out my name and address anyhow, but I just don't like my name and address sitting in the trash where anyone can get them. I also shred the return addresses on envelopes from personal friends.

Exsie, the thing with the sponge and the dog dish--hahahahahahahahahahahaaha.

Reminds me of something that happened when I was a kid. I came home from school with half a sandwich in my lunchbox. I went out to play, and my mom opened my lunchbox to wash my thermos and saw the sandwich and ate it. When I came in, she said, "Lindy, why didn't you eat your whole sandwich?" I answered, "Oh, because I dropped in on the floor." (And my mom is a huge germophobe.)

Oh, and then there was the time my mom looked out the window to see me sitting on the curb sharing an ice cream cone with a strange dog. A lick for me, a lick for him. So Ex, you guys will probably survive the dog-bowl sponge. Hahahahaaha still laughing though.