GreaseSpot Cafe

Imaginary problems, outlandish cures

Ham

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He(Rev. L.C.Martindale President of the Way International.) said at the time "I have drove more people away

than I ever helped" Nice huh? to be a holder of the greatness of Gods great mystery and to say that!Why he should have taken pfal all over again.Remember?I will never preach a negative sermin again?All it does is put you in deeper.

Hmmm,,, Maybe those words were taken form someone else too,but but it is true..... Talk about not heeding the words of the master.

At least LCM could get someone born again. Well, of GOD'S spirit.

Well, I would reserve that priviledge to the Master himself.

If loy helped anybody, especially later in his "ministry", I think it was in spite of himself.

Mr. 123, I heard that claim too. He boasted about how many he ran off, people better than himself.

At least LCM could get someone born again. Well, of GOD'S spirit.
Yeah and he could walk upright and had opposable thumbs too. :yawn1:

btw, I think the figure of speech you were looking for a while back describing belittling rather than exaggerating is tapeinosis. Although what you described was not actually a figure of speech, they were literally belittling Brent Mydland (sp?) - the figure more properly would be where a millionaire might say "I have a few dollars in the bank".

The big problem"The clean household" Get rid of all people who;1.Are weak non defining leader says you are weak

soyou are.

2.Weakness brings down strength ignore gospel accounts

of jesus ie song;we are waek but he is strong,

3.May not be clean, dirty house car ect....never mind leaders

house was clean,cause you and your fellows made damn sure it was or were reproved for it.

4.last but not least spiritual suspicious could be a devil spirit

or maybe thoughts of homosexual male female we will root them out and smoke thier as@

Was there a solution? nope zip zero... fear to the max Man that sure was a clean household loving kind especially good to each

others.The Promised land was a nightmare reprove at any time no fellowships you figure out where you are screwed up.then

get back to us.Again quote pfal "I would not go to church with you either".

Get rid of pfal..The devil had it all figured out "out"whatever that meant.He had like thousands of years to figure it out.

A number of years ago a young couple who were friends of mine asked me to attend a business oportunity meeting they were going to present for a small group of people. Their description of what was to be presented was very vague . This vagueness was , of course , intentional. My suspicion was that this would be a recruitment meeting for Axway. The gentleman conducting the meeting stated very early on that there were to be no questions until the end. Sound familiar? Well, as the meeting progressed he showed how if Bob recruited Joe, and Joe recruited Betty, And Betty recruited Connie , and Connie RECRUITED----------in the end we would all be filthy rich. People raised their hands to ask questions as he spoke but he continued to assure everyone all questions would be answered at the end. When he finally revealed that the product this company sold was actually soap, an elderly lady who seemed harmless enough raised her hand from the back row. The man running the meeting let down his guard for just a moment and said "yes ma'am?' she immediately stood up and said "who the hell is supposed to SELL the soap?' It kind of makes me wonder "who the hell was supposed to LIVE the abundant life?" Not complaining-------just pondering.

What would you give for it now?!

But wait! There's more!

Call now, operators are standing by!

I remember a routine that Firesign Theatre did involving a game show where the winner opened the bag he had just won and announced"Hey! This is just a bag of sh!t!" to which the announcer replied"Yes, but it's a really GOOD bag of sh!t!" So, you see, The Waste was really just a cult.

("Yes, but it was a really GOOD cult!") Heck, maybe we were even the BEST cult that ever -----ummm------cult- ivated.---------or not. :unsure:

I don`t know if I believe that LCM COULD get someone born again of God` spirit or not. I mean, his fruit brands him as *of the flesh* and *with no inheritance in the kingdom of heaven*....in direct contradiction of what his lips were spouting.

I think that it is like so many have pointed out....they had to invent a need for their product. They had to make it some how one of a kind special....They had to recruit enthusiastic sellers to market their product.

We got sucked into amway because of a former boss years ago...like in twi, there was a lot of hoopla, a lot of hype and promises...in the end, we never saw any of the promised profits.

Oh dear. We forgot another imaginary (or definitely overblown problem) and the made up cure.

The urgency of the times, the devil trying to take over our country, re write our constitution through the Illuminadi and all other groups like that.

The cure? The Way Corps or TWI. We had to stand. We had to witness. We had to believe and do TWI to keep our country free.

sheesh.

Forgot all about those.. they were real whoppers..

All claims were validated by non-fulfillment.

I've seen very intelligent people taken in by these claims.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

LCM had the whole Y2K-the-world-as we-know-it could-end thing. What a mess. People were trying to store cash, an old lady in my fellowship bought a gun, we had to do a 'home inventory' of everything in every room, cupboard and drawer to turn in.

We were supposed to get extra bottles of perscription meds, and extra antibiotics. Sheesh--doctors weren't going to prescribe unneeded antibiotics so you could self medicate! And our perscription drug plan wouldn't let you stockpile several months ahead.

We left prior to the Big Day, but I'm sure it was the believing action of the Household that saved the World.

haha

it doesnt make any sense either, Moses took the people to the new land and who PROVIDED?

they didnt stock pile anything for 40 years... Every day God would provide the food and water. it was a every day thing they didnt "prepare" at all.

the woman with the son who fed the prophet her last food was provided for.. not because she went nuts storing up food , the food was gone and none was available.

When jo and the king stocked piled up for the years of lean God provided YEARS of good to do it with!!!

some on this site still think they have these magical powers to save the world.

I find it hysterical .

When the LCM's oh so serious Y2K video hit we lived in a large city that aways had huge traffic jams, crime, gangs etc.

I told hubby we ought to move near my family. Why? Because my relatives in the boonies all hunt, fish, butcher, can, harvest wood, heat with wood, eat mostly deer, elk and salmon for meat. If anyone could survive a world wide melt down it would be those folks!

I did get a dog out of the Y2K deal. I'd wanted one for years but --major pet, you know. Y2K made it justifiable(is that a word?) Good for protection, ya know.

Edited by Bramble

That Y2K thing didn't bother me much because I figured that IF something big was going to go down, then the power brokers of this world would stand to lose a lot, and us little people would surely feel some "trickle down" uneasiness in the interim. Nothing of the kind. I thought MAYBE some utilities may be affected, but no. Nothing.