GreaseSpot Cafe

Last words of the cyclops

Bolshevik

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try at changing the subject.

YOU claimed there were exagerrations on this thread. More than once.

I said to find them, even ONE.

I noticed you've neither found one nor apologized for mistakenly claiming there WAS one.

Instead, calling your "bluff" gets some names thrown at me.

However, we've played this game before and can clearly see an attempt to change a subject

and throw up a smokescreen.

In other news, all the self-deprecating names you've aimed at yourself and placed in my

mouth impress very few people here. However, it's a lot easier just to do that than to

"call my bluff" (if I'm actually bluffing), and read around and see what vpw did, and why

so many people lost all respect for him.

[b]

[b]Wolf sorry to get back at ya so late first hello true greasers: The Captain had to get his cosmic bearing straight. I am not disputing this thread I don't know about the many cases and incidents that happen YET. It would be misleared, rough and flouting to dismiss all these cases I am not doing that Wolf. You said "Instead, calling your "bluff" gets some names thrown at me.

However, we've played this game before and can clearly see an attempt to change a subject

and throw up a smokescreen." You are reversing it again the "Jedi Corps Mind trick" no game no drama feel me! I am sorry about how I communicated my heart but what I meant was take out the jokes about Dr.Weriwille's plastic eye thats all and Wolf I am sorry for my meager ability to convey this clearly.

"impress very few people here" Ok you are good I mean really really good but your not that good Wolf I don't need to impress these folks believe me stud. You might be referring to that other guy maybe Craig. I just thought it was wrong to make fun of the man and the callous jokes about certain details. Those I want remove like sometime today thank you. Dr. was not evil through and through can you say he was ? ( Smokescreen)-------> Wolf MAN you funny bro no smoke just questions and a request to remove the jokes about Dr.W from this thread concerning his plastic eye can ya do that for the Captain. Peace[/b]

Wordwolf's changing the subject? LOL

Captain Spiritual,

There are messages you can send to WW without posting for the rest of us to laugh at. If you continue like this the moderators will send the thread to the Soap Opera forum and I will be forced to start anew.

Admiral Bolshevik

Nice try at changing the subject.

YOU claimed there were exagerrations on this thread. More than once.

I said to find them, even ONE.

I noticed you've neither found one nor apologized for mistakenly claiming there WAS one.

Instead, calling your "bluff" gets some names thrown at me.

and throw up a smokescreen.

In other news, all the self-deprecating names you've aimed at yourself and placed in my

mouth impress very few people here. However, it's a lot easier just to do that than to

"call my bluff" (if I'm actually bluffing), and read around and see what vpw did, and why

so many people lost all respect for him.

[b]

[b]Wolf sorry to get back at ya so late first hello true greasers: The Captain had to get his cosmic bearing straight. I am not disputing this thread I don't know about the many cases and incidents that happen YET. It would be misleared, rough and flouting to dismiss all these cases I am not doing that Wolf. You said "Instead, calling your "bluff" gets some names thrown at me.

and throw up a smokescreen." You are reversing it again the "Jedi Corps Mind trick" no game no drama feel me! I am sorry about how I communicated my heart but what I meant was take out the jokes about Dr.Weriwille's plastic eye thats all and Wolf I am sorry for my meager ability to convey this clearly.

"impress very few people here" Ok you are good I mean really really good but your not that good Wolf I don't need to impress these folks believe me stud. You might be referring to that other guy maybe Craig. I just thought it was wrong to make fun of the man and the callous jokes about certain details. Those I want remove like sometime today thank you. Dr. was not evil through and through can you say he was ? ( Smokescreen)-------> Wolf MAN you funny bro no smoke just questions and a request to remove the jokes about Dr.W from this thread concerning his plastic eye can ya do that for the Captain. Peace[/b]

Does it freaking matter if he was or wasn't through and through evil? What would it take for you to decide that? Instead of drugging and raping and sticking his [edited] 20 times over, does it HAVE to be 21 times? Are you so hard hearted that you can look over the first female he hurt and the second and the third and so on? Does it have to be some monstrous number before you wake up and take notice that the man actions were that of someone demented and evil?

But you're right. We should not make fun of his eye. Instead we should cut straight to the 'head' of the problem and make fun of his little phillywacker.

Hmm, I wonder what Confuscious say about a MOG with a teeny weinie?

Edited by modcat5

(snip)

I am not disputing this thread I don't know about the many cases and incidents that happen YET. It would be misleared, rough and flouting to dismiss all these cases I am not doing that Wolf.

Ok.

It sounded like you WERE.

(snip)

I am sorry about how I communicated my heart but what I meant was take out the jokes about Dr.Weriwille's plastic eye thats all and Wolf I am sorry for my meager ability to convey this clearly.

Oh.

Well, you could have just said that.

"I find the jokes about vpw's plastic eye in poor taste, etc"

I'd still disagree about removing the posts, but I'd agree they might be in poor taste.

I'd keep them in anyway because that's one price for freedom in posting.

When I find something in poor taste but not factually incorrect and not abusive,

I just skip over it.

Some people vented some anger concerning his many evils by making some

statements I would not have made. I don't say they were necessarily wrong to

do so, just that it doesn't match my taste.

(snip)

Dr. was not evil through and through can you say he was?

No, I can't.

I also can't say John Wayne Gacy was evil through and through.

He was considered by some to be a pillar of his local community,

was a member of the Jaycees,

and entertained children as a clown.

He also was a serial killer, and killed a bunch of kids.

That's the type of person you lock up for life or give a death sentence

so they can't harm innocents anymore.

Similarly.....

I'd still disagree about removing the posts, but I'd agree they might be in poor taste.

I'd keep them in anyway because that's one price for freedom in posting.

When I find something in poor taste but not factually incorrect and not abusive,

I just skip over it.

Some people vented some anger concerning his many evils by making some

statements I would not have made. I don't say they were necessarily wrong to

do so, just that it doesn't match my taste.[/b]

"I wish we would write the posts we know to write"

"one price for freedom"

Hardly. It's a benefit. Posts that are disagree with your views, beliefs, opinions and tastes challenge your way of thinking. Disagreement is one thing we really need after spening any time "like minded" at the gulag.

Captain S,

If you think that what is said here is bad (all the joking) consider the lies being promoted at twi. The lives that will be hurt by them. The joking here can't hold a candle to that.

Let's Start over with this:

It is all pretty much hearsay when it comes down to it. There were only a handful of people who saw VPW when he was on his deathbed, as far as I know. Although, even if "Craiggers" was the only one who heard his last words, I would have a hard time believing anything he said.

The tombstone says volumes.

As far as the mentality of the up and coming young wafers changing things and their perspective on the way things have been and the way things are...I have discussed this a bit with many of them over on myspace. Many of them seem pretty gung ho, much the same way I was at their age. Many of us were that way in our late teens and early twenties. I was pretty naive and clueless at that age too. They think the way has changed but none of them can tell me how exactly. They think that it is still changing for the better and that they will be apart of making that change happen. It seems most of them (the ones that respond to me) think that all the bad that has happened rests on LCM and people that mimiced his style. It seems expected that if you have left the ministry, you did so because you got hurt by bad leadership.

Most of them do admit easily that TWI is not perfect but that every organization has flaws and that TWI has and is changing and is still the best thing going.

There are still people frustrated with things. A number of people have contacted me privately from these myspace discussions and it seems there are still young people with the same concerns that many of us had and still have. That is incouraging and expected.

The TWI will never be what it was (not as though that is something to aspire to). Times have changed, the culture has changed, going to church has changed, but inspite of the claims of a dynamic church, TWI has virtually stayed the same. The same old things are being taught. Still the same old fellowships. Still the same old class structure. Still the same old rigidity and legalism. The problem was not with one man, but with the doctrine and the assumptions that lead to it and the lies that started the whole thing.

The whole point being vpw is immortalized at twi. This is done because of the belief system. Twi brings this subject of last words up, not GS.

Actually,

I'm just one poster with one opinion.

Others have their own.

The staff makes their own decisions and carries them out,

partly in accordance with the policies they've enacted.

If you think you can sway them, go ahead and contact them.

If you object to a specific post, you can click on that post's "Report" button.

If you think you can sway the opinions of most posters, go ahead, post

your "argument", and see if it moves anyone.

Your posts objecting are as welcome here as posts that you perceive as

tasteless but are not illegal.

The internet-and the GSC- are sorts of "free market economies" of ideas.

Of course, you can always just let this particular one go- I do that all the

time, choosing what to respond to and what to leave alone when I don't

think I can add to the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this very strange thread... I have heard the same story as Mr. B, only the version of the tale I had heard had the melodramatic touch at the end that he had asked God for forgiveness for what he had done.

And what could that be?

When I was a kid at Sunday School I remember being taught that if I asked God to forgive me when I committed a sin, if I died, I would go to heaven, but if I died with unforgiven sins that I hadn't asked forgiveness for, I would go to hell.

So, just before I went to bed every night to make sure all my bases were covered I would ask God to forgive me for all the bad things I forgot that I did during the day. That way if the bomb dropped while I was sleeping, I would be covered through the "if you ask for forgiveness it's covered" loophole.

I was a weird little kid.

Maybe he was just trying to make sure he had absolution for all the crappy things he did...

That is if the whole thing isn't some sort of weird twi urban legend.

When I was a kid at Sunday School I remember being taught that if I asked God to forgive me when I committed a sin, if I died, I would go to heaven, but if I died with unforgiven sins that I hadn't asked forgiveness for, I would go to hell.

So, just before I went to bed every night to make sure all my bases were covered I would ask God to forgive me for all the bad things I forgot that I did during the day. That way if the bomb dropped while I was sleeping, I would be covered through the "if you ask for forgiveness it's covered" loophole.

I was a weird little kid.

LOL! Then I'm weird too, JJ! :biglaugh: I remember being taught that some time after getting involved with TWI. I, too, apologized to God for anything I may have done and the things I knew I'd done hoping and praying I'd be forgive and not have to experience a face melting session with God when I got there. I knew I was going to heaven, just not sure of how "warm" the reception would be. ^_^

Maybe he was just trying to make sure he had absolution for all the crappy things he did...

That is if the whole thing isn't some sort of weird twi urban legend.

There's a great thread somewhere here that you just reminded me of. It's all about the urban legends of TWI and vee pee - like his claim to have invented the hook shot in basketball...

There's a great thread somewhere here that you just reminded me of. It's all about the urban legends of TWI and vee pee - like his claim to have invented the hook shot in basketball...

Did you mean "Is VPW a Doctor"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...7&hl=doctor

Or "the grifters"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...amp;hl=grifters

Or "Who was Victor Paul Wierwille"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...mp;hl=wierwille

Or "VP's Basketball Career"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...p;hl=basketball

Or " "Dr" Wierwille, phoney as a 3-dollar bill"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...mp;hl=wierwille

Or the one I THINK you meant- "Superman? Green Lantern?"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...amp;hl=superman

Or another one?

LOL!

:jump:

I should have known you'd come to my rescue, WordWolf. :) Thank you.

I thought the title of the thread actually had "TWI urban legends" in it, but if not, it's definitely the thread you started "Superman? Green Lantern?"

Thanks for pointing the "Way" to that thread, Belle and WordWolf! LOL!!

Here's another one I heard from a teenager at the gulag a few years back ----

THE AUDITORIUM is HAUNTED by.... :unsure:

The GHOSTS of the FOUNDING BOT!!! :o

Seriously... I did hear this out of more than one kid. Really.

Scary thought, no?

Anybody else hear this one?

No, but I wouldn't be surprised. Course it might just be the sound of the wind coming from them spinning in their graves.

AND, you remind me, yet again, of another great thread from days gone by.... :B) :lol:

It's about the irony of the fact that the "Fountain of Living Waters" is actually a graveyard. :biglaugh:

Now, let's see if I can find that one before WordWolf does. ^_^

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: You guys and gals are killin' me!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

How 'bout the one were vp claimed he knew the secret to igniting snow? I heard that from his own slimy lips under the apple tree one day. He said God gave him the revelation about how to set snow on fire, but he had to promise Gawd never to reveal it because the adversary would use it to destroy the earth. :rolleyes:

This guy was definitely certifiable!! :wacko:

No, but I wouldn't be surprised. Course it might just be the sound of the wind coming from them spinning in their graves.

AND, you remind me, yet again, of another great thread from days gone by.... :B) :lol:

It's about the irony of the fact that the "Fountain of Living Waters" is actually a graveyard. :biglaugh:

Now, let's see if I can find that one before WordWolf does. ^_^

Closest I can find is

"Do you live near a graveyard?"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...ountain++waters

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: You guys and gals are killin' me!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

How 'bout the one were vp claimed he knew the secret to igniting snow? I heard that from his own slimy lips under the apple tree one day. He said God gave him the revelation about how to set snow on fire, but he had to promise Gawd never to reveal it because the adversary would use it to destroy the earth. :rolleyes:

This guy was definitely certifiable!! :wacko:

:offtopic:

Didn't LCM get into this in his last Adv class? The 'earth was divided section' Peleg and all that?

I threw my sylabus away, so I can't look it up.

:offtopic:

Didn't LCM get into this in his last Adv class? The 'earth was divided section' Peleg and all that?

I threw my sylabus away, so I can't look it up.

I beleive it was in the Found or Int. class. I believe he showed a newspaper clipping of methane trapped in snow. (of course methane burning is not snow burning)

Firefighters know that if you spray water on a fire that is superhot, the water breaks up into hydrogen and oxygen and helps feed the fire. There are other reactions that can occur with water and metals. Burning snow?

Edited by Bolshevik

Yep, in the WAP foundational class... I remember it well...

He found some articles on methane gas being trapped in ice crystals at the bottom of the ocean along continental plates.

He then tied it in with the whole snow being explosive thing and how VP had gotten revalation about it. I never was sure how methane in the bottom of the ocean tied in with snow, but whatever. :confused:

edited for spelling

Edited by JavaJane