GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulwinkl, That "Desert Song" was very touching and inspired me to dedicate a song here to a relative and best friend growing up who recently passed away. This song is from the early 70's and is performed by Alvin Lee & Mylon LeFevre" from their album "On The Road To Freedom" The tile of this song is "Carry My Load" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbuJnPyouHs

Edited by dougie73

Ok I finally put up a link to a song by my wife off her self-produced album the URL is :

http://mrpeabodi.home.insightbb.com/Desert_Song.mp3

Hope you enjoy.

Thank You (((((((((Bulwinkl'))))))))))) for the beautiful sweet melody, She is very very talented and enjoyable!

Bul- is she playing a twelve string?

Yeah I think so but she usually has it strung as a six string. A picture of it is in the guitars forum. It's a hand built given to her by a former fiancee( her Fiancee not mine ) LOL. BTW his guitars usually run about $20,000 to $25,000 now. His URL is underneath the picture of her guitar.(shameless plug)

Hello All!

Mr. Music Man ... glad you saw the videos!

OK...I'm going out on a limb here. First off it was not available to EMBED on this you tube video...so I have to do it the ole' link way.

David Bradstreet is a Canadian folk-songwriter/singer from the 70's. His first album brought him great acclaim up here...(not sure about the USA markets).

Unfortunately, this album is not available at this time to purchase...but I keep checking. :(

I found a video on youtube and thought i'd share it with you. It's from 1975 and this is one of his big hits from his first album. Many other musicians recorded this song and made lots of money from it. It's a beautiful waltz. Note the canuck hippies TRYING to waltz in the crowd!

I apologize for all this trivia but I always feel compelled to explain these things as our Radio Playing Content is different than USA. Radio stations here must have 33% canadian content playing on the airwaves, therefore we sometimes listen to remote musicians that we THINK are 'big' (because they are getting air play) but aren't necessarily compared to the USA markets. (was that unclear enough for you guys??? :huh:

David Bradstreet

enjoy!

Diamond Rio - In God We Still Trust Diamond Rio - One More Day Diamond Rio - God Only Cries (Some things in this songs words I do not believe and i think it is important to clarify what you believe..It is a beautiful song) Diamond Rio - I Believe Josh Turner - Tears Of God Josh Turner - Me and God

bulwinkl, nice fudge!rainbow: "In God We Still Trust".... love that one what do y'all think about this one? Bruce Hornsby on piano

Edited by anotherDan

RainbowsGirl - I bought that cd cause I love that song Me and God so! I had to hear what else he sung, as I'd known of Long Black Train and now this Me and God song. There's another really good song (imo) on there called Loretta Lynn's Lincoln. Would you mind posting that one? I've tried and not been able to post songs and that's probably a very good thing... Or if that's not to your liking, how about Your Man - oh, I like that one too!

Edited by bowtwi

Oh Bullwinker - I never miss John Prine when he comes to my area - I've seen him in concert over 20 times - once with Steve Goodman! My current favorite Prine song is In Spite of Ourselves - that entire cd is such a treat to my ears. Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiin, Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore, Fishin' and Whistle, Donald and Lydia, Hello In There... - oh yeah! I listen to a lot of Prine music!

For You(((((((((((( Bow!)))))))))))))))))Josh Turner - Your Man (Josh turner is so great!) Bow if You ever want to know how to embed the You Tube, I put directions on page 11 of this thread...it's real easy and let me know if you need more help or want more songs. I Love music soooooooooo much!I am still looking for the other one...sometimes that don't have them...but I am hoping!