GreaseSpot Cafe

I HATED corps night

Dot Matrix

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how I truly loathed church. I would volunteer to work at ANYTHING to get out of it. We couldn't sneak off of campus. Bless patrol had been increased quite a bit. The Debil was after us so we had to lock the gates and man the ramparts dontcha know! :doh:

And Attendance? We didn't need no stinkin' attendance, we was locked in! Practically had to have a hall pass to walk around the grounds...well maybe not as bad as all that...all the time. It was kinda fun evading the Storm Troopers to sneak a little "alone" time in the grass at night with someone special...or so I heard :redface2::who_me:

I'm sorry were we talking about church? :biglaugh:

Pat Davis and I would go to the lake and lay in the late afternoon sun. It was great. Brenda Valentine at times, and a few others.

gee, you never invited ME!

now i'm wondering how many of us were out and about, instead of where we were paying to be! not all that many, i guess--or someone would've noticed!

Oh yeah, that reservoir a few miles out of town, that was nice. Me and my friends would get beer and go there on summer evenings. One summer me, them, and several staffers ended up with horrible chiggers - we all know where we had snuck off to.

Yes, I did get out and about a lot.

Gee, thanks, Waysider, for bringing those precious memories to the forefront of my tiny little mind! :blink:

The firest year was the most fun, especially when I got to watch my future husband trying to sleep. His head would sink lower and lower, until his nose almost touched the desktop, then he would jerk upright with enough strength to almost cause a whiplash. Then lower, lower, lower, lower, .....whiplash!

There was also a fellow who would simply go to sleep and drool on his Bible.

My favorite memory of the second limb coordinator you mentioned was coming around the corner of the building on the way to the garden and almost running into him. He was strolling along with a big coffee cup in his hand, full of BEER! It was 9:00 or 10:00 AM on a Saturday. I wonder if he had a problem? (Not to gossip or anything, because I'm sure it was 5:00 somewhere).

The second year I was there was when FL got disbanded a time or two at 5:00 AM as I recall. So freakin' cruel.

I think Howie wised up and left TWI eventually. Dunno what happened to the other guy, who left, made a brief comeback with a different wife in tow, and then disappeared again.

WG

Sprawled out

You were married corps, it was easier to hang with the singles. Sorry, With the singles you only had to figure out if ONE person was KGB. With the married couple you had to wonder about the spouse as well.... And you know there were rat finks who thought the debil made people break the laws.... Sorry baby...

Sunesis:

Yeah that was cool.

Remind me to tell you how we found a private pond thing and almost got killed by some townies -- then I wondered if the debil had us cut "church"....

Waysider!

LOL

I remember all the afternoon runs. It was the only way to get off campus without anyone asking any questions. Just walk out wearing that cotton Corps shirt and those evil shorts and you were good to go. The folks at Freds were used to us coming in wearing sweats. I sometimes consumed more calories running than I burned off (Not that it mattered, I'm still thin (read; skinny)).

I really enjoyed Ephesians because it always caused more questions to pop up. Anyone remember our weekly Breakfast of Champions? I guess I'm one of the odd ones who enjoyed corps night our first year.

However, when Walter taught Corinthians, I wanted to crawl out of my skin. It was like being held hostage for what felt like hours at a time