GreaseSpot Cafe

Moderators, how do I?

WordWolf

Moderators, where do I find the "block poster" setting?

I know we've had the setting for years, but I've never run into a poster who was completely

devoid of content in their posts before, who kept posting,

and I'd like to read around them and read the content of the other posters.

Please remind me where the control for that is- I didn't find it just now when I was looking...

I'm not a mod but I can help you...

Click on that poster's profile (click on their name, in other words.)

Look on the left-side of the screen for Options - Click on it - and you'll get a dropdown menu.

Select the "IGNORE" function on there.

You won't see them when you're logged in. If you're viewing the board as a Guest and not logged in, then you will see them.

Happy blocking! :biglaugh:

Garth - you gotta go INTO their profile - like you wanna snoop about what their last post is ect.

Next, hold your two hands up in front, palms towards the screen, with your fingers together and your thumbs sticking out at right angles, opposite of each other. :)

The hand that looks liks it's making an "L" with the thumb and index finger, that's your LEFT hand. :biglaugh:

LOOK on the left side of that person's profile info and you'll see the word OPTIONS. :dance:

Using your mouse, click on the word OPTIONS and you'll get a drop down menu. It's the first option in the drop down. :eusa_clap:

Next, hold your two hands up in front, palms towards the screen, with your fingers together and your thumbs sticking out at right angles, opposite of each other. :)

The hand that looks liks it's making an "L" with the thumb and index finger, that's your LEFT hand. :biglaugh:

What about my hand that I hold up in front of the screen that has the middle finger extended? 076.gif

;)

But seriously, this part "You gotta go INTO their profile - like you wanna snoop about what their last post is ect." was all I needed to know.

Thanks. :B)

Select the "IGNORE" function on there.

You won't see them when you're logged in. If you're viewing the board as a Guest and not logged in, then you will see them.

Happy blocking! :biglaugh:

What???? Do you mean you won't be able to see their posts if you enable the ignore function to a certain poster? Kinda like they don't exist and never poster? Sorta like in the twilight zone?

I'm confused.

:biglaugh:

Actually, you see that the person posted, but their actual post does not show. You have the option on each of their posts to "view this post" or "un-ignore this poster". On occasion I will choose "view this post" so that I can understand the flow of the other poster's remarks. This works real well since it leaves the poster "ignored" but lets you read an isolated post when you want to. It certainly speeds up reading the forums if you feel a particular poster rarely adds anything to a thread that you consider enlightening.

You can also ignore posters, (and block their PMS) from "my controls". Managing ignores is found on the left of the page under "Options. this way you do not need to go to THEIR profile.

Hope this helps.

~HAP

• 2 years later...

Q. What do you do when you don't want others to read your posts?

A. Use a white font.

Well... You could post what you want to say, but choose the same color as your background as your text color.

Let me see if it works:

Here I have selected "White" as my text color. The only way you should be able to see this is if you try to highlight my post as if you were going to copy it.

I guess someone should let me know if they are able to read what I wrote up there^^^ (Hint- the first word is "Here")

Ahhh! I see now that Tzaia already figured that one out. ;)

Edited by doojable

Thank You

I'll even present myself to make it easier for anyone who wants to get me on their list

Nahh! Despite what Stephen Colbert says about them, I would never put bears on my ignore list. :D

A.

Aww heck. I was going to put "Don't type anything." as my answer. :huh:

A.

If i dont want someone to read my post then I Dont post :)

That always works.

Nobody reads the posts that I dont post :)

I dont know if there's another way unless paw has some cool stealth technology i dont know about or special 3d glasses that only let a select few read the secret message but i dont know anout that either

If you ever want me to not read a post just tell me to close my eyes--i will

no peekies--I promise...

Edited by mstar1

hmmm those instructions were written and posted about 2 or 3 changes ago. Do they still work? I find the ignore feature this way:

click on your OWN name at the top right corner

a list drops down which includes Manage Ignored Users

Click on it and you can add or subtract users from that list.

I used to use the feature, but gave up. My morbid curiosity always got to me and I had to turn it off to see what dumb stuff they were saying NOW!:smilie_kool_aid:

Edited by HAPe4me