• 11-20 days
    • 21-32 days
    • 33-45 days
    • over 45 ... Paris goes bad ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sensible person, not blinded by millions of dollars, would figure that they should make an effort to dress appropriately and be in court on time in this situation.

But not Paris and her parents, nope, they don't show up at all, then when the judge demands Paris' attendence they try to claim he has to give them a phone-in hearing. It takes the sherrif to bring her in, in handcuffs and then she and her family proceed to disrespect the court by talking, praying, yelling, crying and whatever other shenanagins they can think of.

There is another difference here between Paris and the rest of us-- Had we pulled the same thing as she and her parents pulled today, we would have been cited for contempt of court, fined and been given additional jail time.

A sensible person, not blinded by millions of dollars, would figure that they should make an effort to dress appropriately and be in court on time in this situation.

But not Paris and her parents, nope, they don't show up at all, then when the judge demands Paris' attendence they try to claim he has to give them a phone-in hearing. It takes the sherrif to bring her in, in handcuffs and then she and her family proceed to disrespect the court by talking, praying, yelling, crying and whatever other shenanagins they can think of.

There is another difference here between Paris and the rest of us-- Had we pulled the same thing as she and her parents pulled today, we would have been cited for contempt of court, fined and been given additional jail time.

You're probably correct... but playing devil's advocate for a brief moment... it ALL was a bit of THEATER... not just because of the Hilton dramatics, but IF she was going to make her case about a "nervous breakdown" it would have been even harder to do so if she had cleaned up properly. Even so, it didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what this girl has done to deserve so much media attention - good or bad.

I can sort of understand the attention we give the actors - they play a role in movies that touch our lives in some form or fashion, maybe just entertainment, but often their movies will move us emotionally or compell us to think. Many of them are active either in charities or politics (perhaps just a publicity ploy, but still, they are doing something).

This girl has done nothing to earn such attention. She was born into a wealthy family, that is all. I don't get it.

Paris seems to be famous for being famous without doing much to be famous.

Of course there was that sex tape ...

and now the internet covers all things trivial ...

more real than a soap opera I guess, or those wrestling guys ...

NOt only happy but human!!!

Usually she has that airbrushed fashion model look on her face. I think this is one of the few times I have seen a picture that shows the person behind the facade. Hope whatever brought this about continues in her life.

When I took Sociology 101 back in college, one of the things that made a lasting impression on me was on the topic of what it takes for people at various ages/stages of development to make genuine changes in their deeply held values/convictions.

For young children, parents make a huge difference, to different degrees at different ages. But for adults (I know, whether PH is one of those is still an open question), it takes a "significant emotional event." Which is why it's so difficult to rehabilitate criminals sometimes.

As bizarre as we all probably realize this whole media frenzy has been (over PH going to jail), it seems pretty clear that for her, this actually WAS a significant emotional event. Which is why it has also appeared that she has indeed undergone a genuine change of heart. Notice I said "appeared." The possibility still exists that this whole thing has been a put on by her... but I suspect the judge actually got through to her.

Which, if it did occur, would be a very good thing.

Edited by Rocky

Well, I'd love to think this is a life changing experience for her, but I'm very doubtful. Especially since they had several large catering trucks, her hair extension stylist, masseuse and publicist all at the house within hours of her release from jail. <_<

That being said, the mobs around her SUV and then the gate to the house were absurd. I can not imagine living a life where you can't leave your house - much less walk into the back yard - without hoards of media in your face and blocking your car.

That's the price you pay for being famous. I have no sympathy. I guess she should just buy a helicopter with the $50M she will inherit so she can go from place to place.:rolleyes:

True and why I'm so glad THAT childhood dream of mine didn't come true. :B)

Tell me again: why is she famous?

Ya know, I was wondering that myself.... She has a publicist and I'm wondering if her parents didn't stir this whole thing up in the media and now it's just snowballed into the pathetic circus that has now become.

Same thing with Anna Nicole Smith.... absolutely no reason for her life to have saturated the media like it did, except that it was such a pathetic existence.

Belle dear,

is it possible that the fact that her massuese, publicist, hair stylist and a catered party all occured within a few hours of her release has less to do with her current thoughts and feelings and more to do with what is considered "normal" in her life?

I think that in the Hilton world, as with many other super rich, these things, which the rest of us regard as luxuries that we seldom if ever get to experience in our lives, are simply a routine part of life. For Paris, having this happen is the equivilent of us getting out of jail to find our mother cooking a dinner, to which family and friends are invited, and our girlfriend offering to style our hair.

What I am trying to say is that we can only expect Paris to opperate within the framework of the life she has always known. If she can indeed turn off the dumb the-rules-don't-apply routine and become a more thoughtful positive role model for her leagues of preteen, teen and young adult female followers that will be accomplishment enough. Expecting her to change her lifestyle of affluance as proof she has changed when she is still affluent, while it might be nice, is not IMO necessarily necessary.