GreaseSpot Cafe

Are Sins Remembered in the New Body?

Are the sins we committed, sins others committed against us, and bad things that happened to us in this life remembered in the next one?

I have been taught this doctrine on several occassions within twi - can anyone come up with backing? I can't make it logical to myself as hard as I try... Jesus remembered his crucifixion in his new body, he didn't forget what had happened to him.

The only verse I have heard to back this train of thought has been Isa 35:10:

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

I never thought this meant that we wouldn't remember the sorrow and sighing, just that we wouldn't experience them any more.

Thoughts?

Since we will be shown all of our life when we stand before God, we will most definitely remember and see all of our sins. Once that point is passed , and operating on the assumption that Christ has stepped up for you, those sins will no longer exist-so since they no longer exist they cannot be remembered. If you, on the other hand, are one of those whom Christ does not claim as his own- said sins will still exist and so can be remembered. Or at least that is my understanding.

IMHO - I believe that sin is not remembered in the the new body! Below are a few scriptures that I feel best address this. I

left the entire chapters for context. They are of course not all of the ones that address forgiveness of sins or the scriptures concerning

the bema.

I pose these questions:

1. If God forgives our sins and remembers them no more; Then how is He going to judge us after our sins?

2. What was Christ resurrected for concerning our sins and eternal rewards?

3. Why do we have the "Age of Grace"and all that is written under it concerning sin and our rewards?

4. Why will we be gathered before the judgements as stated in I Thessalonians 4: 1-18 ?

King James Version (KJV) Psalm 103

Psa 103:1 ¶ [[[A Psalm] of David.]] Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [bless] his holy name.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psa 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Psa 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good [things; so that] thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psa 103:6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

Psa 103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

Psa 103:8 The LORD [is] merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Psa 103:9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep [his anger] for ever.

Psa 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

Psa 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, [so] great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Psa 103:13 Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Psa 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust. [/b]

Psa 103:15 [As for] man, his days [are] as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

Psa 103:16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD [is] from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Psa 103:18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Psa 103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Psa 103:20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Psa 103:21 Bless ye the LORD, all [ye] his hosts; [ye] ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Psa 103:22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

King James Version (KJV) 1 John - Chapter 1

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1Jo 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1Jo 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

1Jo 1:5 ¶ This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.[/b]

King James Version (KJV) 1 John - Chapter 3

1Jo 3:1 ¶ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1Jo 3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.

1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1Jo 3:16 ¶ Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1Jo 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1Jo 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God.

1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 3:24 ¶ And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

I think I understand the logic behind the idea that we will forget the sins we have been forgiven for after we have the new body, but how about those sins that were committed AGAINST us? For example, will we remember the things that have happened to us that were negative when we receive our new bodies?

I don't see the logic in not remembering anything negative that happened in our lifetime... What would be the incentive to fight the devil unless we understood that he was evil and had experienced that evil for ourselves? Would we remember the fall of man as what put us in a place that we would need redeeming? Would we remember why Jesus Christ had to be sacrificed - which was our sinful nature?

RainbowsGirl, thank you for your explanation of why we would not remember the terrible things we had done in our lifetimes.

Thank you all for your input, this has bothered me for some time.

Dear Java Jane,

You pose really interesting and thought provoking questions as well! I do think about these same questions you pose quite often! I am not sure there is a definitive answer that I can see clear in the word. Please let me know if you find out more information.

And my previous post is not the total answer just in part. If I spent my whole life at it I could never gain a full enough scope of the word to understand it, perhaps as I think that I should. I believe some things are only partially revealed by God's design.

Love You JJ, RBG

my opinion: confession and repentence brings our sins under the blood and are washed clean. Those are the ones that are forgiven. "go and sin no more." "Let him that stole steal no more." I think Bible is pretty clear that a Christian is responsible to live a life that is worthy of the vocation wherewith we have been called.

I seem to remember Isaiah 65:17 in this context

Isaish 65:17;

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth and the former shall not be remembered nor come to mind

In this context, Romans 8:1 would be a quick referal regarding our administration. I'm sure there's a lot more.

I seem to remember Isaiah 65:17 in this context

Isaish 65:17;

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth and the former shall not be remembered nor come to mind

In this context, Romans 8:1 would be a quick referal regarding our administration. I'm sure there's a lot more.

Now, THAT seems to back the thought up that we won't remember the pain of this life. I'll take a good look at that verse.

This seems to occur after the gathering together and the war in which the devil and death are thrown into the pit... that time period makes more sense than having this fall immediately after the gathering.

thanks for the verse!

Here's how I see it.

The actual deeds, in any effective form, will have been wiped out.

I Corinthians 3:11-15 (NASB)

11For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,

13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.

14If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

15If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

So, each person's deeds will either be worth remembering, or be destroyed in the fire,

depending on the specific deed. (As of the Christian's "Day of Judgement.")

As to remembering specifics, I don't think we'll have gaps in our memories, but be

able to contextualize them properly so they're not as troublesome as some memories some

of us carry.

That's how I interpret that SPECIFICALLY when reading Revelation 21:4.

" 4and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

That's all IMHO, of course.

One would need experience this new body in order to say....

God says something about he will remember them no more.

Why would I want to after watching them burn, seeing them for what they are.

a New Heaven and a New Earth is the new body

and it's here....now......waiting to be experienced while still in this present world

IF ALL things are become NEW then what happens to the old?

Surely there isn't anything left out that will be new.

So, each person's deeds will either be worth remembering, or be destroyed in the fire,

depending on the specific deed. (As of the Christian's "Day of Judgement.")

As to remembering specifics, I don't think we'll have gaps in our memories, but be

able to contextualize them properly so they're not as troublesome as some memories some

of us carry.

That's how I interpret that SPECIFICALLY when reading Revelation 21:4.

" 4and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

That's all IMHO, of course.

I like your take on this, Wolfie... It's very similar to how I see it as well. I have some experiences that at one point in my life cause tremendous pain and sorrow to think about, but now I can look back on them without the pain and hurt, and just see them for what they were. I can even learn from them, and use that knowledge to help other people. In fact, some of those experiences have only made the good things in my life stronger.

That, IMHO, would be similar to being able to remember them in the next life without the mourning, the crying, or the pain.

If you wish to save your life, you will loose it.

If you loose your life for for his sake you gain it eternally.

Just because one won't let go now.

does not mean that it will not happen.

It is we who are acted upon, not we who determine what the Spirit will accomplish in us.

I think that the fine line here is

the judgement

and

after the judgement.

Sins will be remembered at the judgement-else what would there be to judge?

After the judgement when those admited to the presence of Jesus Christ and God will have the new body- the sins will be erased-hence nonexistent-therefore not able to be remembered.

John Bevere has a very un-twi view of life-after-death. I recommend "Driven by Eternity" and "Rescued" for some keen insights into a Biblical viewpoint you may not have explored heretofore.

I only recently was introduced to this ministry, and haven't finished the books above noted, so i can't speak as though I have applied Acts 17:11 thoroughly here -- but it fits with the Scripture I thus far know.

I too have started to read some of John Bevere's books. So far he is the only person I have found that tries to address Matthew 7:21-24. These verses have perplexed me for 3-4 years while I was still an innie and after I have left twi.

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If all we have to do is say Jesus is our Lord--then how do these people miss out? (And before someone says it isn't written to us--I no longer buy the ultra-dispensational view of twi.) Knowing of Jesus Christ and knowing him intimately is a lot different.

Are the sins we committed, sins others committed against us, and bad things that happened to us in this life remembered in the next one?

I don't see why not.

Jesus, having been resurrected, still retained his memory. Part of what makes us, us is our memories but, I think in the "afterlife" our way of looking at past sins -- either those we've committed or have been committed against our person -- will be from God's perspective. Not that that would make us God but, doesn't it say in 1 Corinthians that we shall know even as we are known? What will we know if we don't have any memories of the past to know about?