GreaseSpot Cafe

way website

Bolshevik

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the cached Google of the site, you'll see where they really just changed some pics...

And the whole thing was down for THAT?

Geez...

The "Contact Us" page has a mailing address you can write to - not an email addy... impressive.

So state of the art.... 20 years ago!

(Don't get me started about the year in review that is only up to January 2007 - it's now May - (chas knocks on monitor glass) HELL-LOO!)

Makes me wonder why they even bother having a web site.

one standard size vey rag would easily hold everything they've got on the site.

plus some.

Unless they have a super duper secret "members" only page hidden off somewhere else..

You'd think they'd have some links to some nice modern online research material.

No contact with anybody directly on the website. Can't prevail with e-mail I guess.

maybe it's all for OUR amusement(?)..

Plus the contact page: for more information, WRITE US?

I think it is just another display of their filthy arrogance. Do they REALLY think they are some kind of exclusive country club, that requires the right kind of application to gain entrance?

Apparently somebody there does.

And why advertise their programs, vey disciples, classes, etc.. to a public which does not have direct access to them?

I'm beginning to think that it isn't as "mature" as it appears. More like, "nyah, nyah, see what WE got.."

by all means, keep it..

:biglaugh:

Plus the contact page: for more information, WRITE US?

I think it is just another display of their filthy arrogance. Do they REALLY think they are some kind of exclusive country club, that requires the right kind of application to gain entrance?

Apparently somebody there does.

And why advertise their programs, vey disciples, classes, etc.. to a public which does not have direct access to them?

I'm beginning to think that it isn't as "mature" as it appears. More like, "nyah, nyah, see what WE got.."

by all means, keep it..

Anytime they can document your words. Remember, when the lawyers say jump . . .

Do you honestly think you can screw things up more than they can? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Seriously - Mr. B is right... They've frucked things up enough for themselves already!

Does anyone know how to put a virus or a trogon horse or a worm on the TWI site? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

NYU --- They're their own virus.

Click on THIS HERE,

Go to the lower right corner,

and just hover your cursor over the category --

"Terms and Agreement".

Then look at what the pic in the center of the page changed to.

:evildenk:

A set of scrolls. Old Testament *LAW* comes to mind.

Something FOR OUR LEARNING, BUT NOT WRITTEN TO US.

Yet they used that graphic for their *terms/ agreement* thread err -- section.

Laying down the law? What happened to grace!! :)

http://www.twi.org is certainly a happening site.

I just stopped looking at http://www.watchingpaintdry.org (today) in favor of twi.

;)

Edited by dmiller

And check out the picture with year in review - apparently two african-americans came to a fellowship! (Or maybe that's from the work in Africa...)

Check out the diversity!

Bolshevik, I think fair use is in order here though. Those are my honest impressions. You'd think they'd want some feedback. I think that considering this is probably the only place on the internet, or anywhere in the world for that matter, where they'll get any kiind of honest criticism, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to bother anybody..

If they can copyright the words "contact us" or "write to:" I guess I'd be in some trouble..

:)

But I think it is an honest question. Why "advertise" when they are not selling? I mean, the average guy who perchance never has heard of der vey, stumbles on their website.. sees the classes, the programs.. gets out his credit card, looks for the little "we accept payment by pay-pal" or something to that effect.. it's not there. Next, he looks for an email address.. nope, none.. then, "write us"?

I think it is a reasonable assumption and conjecture that they are not there to sell. They have an essentially unmarketable product, using unreasonable restraints to restrict it's export to individuals who's qualifications God only knows..

That's my opinion.. anyway, even setting old "prejudices" against them aside. So what's the motive? I still think it is the country club arrogance. Have to jump through hoops just to get their attention. What's wrong with a little stinking email?

If they are supposed to be a "research" organization, where are the materials? Other groups like them offer links to nice, modern biblical lookup type stuff. What is stopping them from "getting with it"?

In my opinion, I think they are making the same mistake that the Betamax people did, that Apple did in the past, with the closed corporation mentality. No development..

All I say is, go ahead. Make it a country club.. you're gonna go the way of Betamax..

"good luck"

I just thought they could interrogate someone more with a written document. Just like "you signed on the line, now do as I say".

There's certainly something about the internet that scares the hell out of them.

Folks on Staff have made many suggestions for outreach via the internet. (I'm no a computer/internet guy so I can't explain them) The Directors shoot each one done with some force. People there are perplexed. One dude even asked them face to face "What've we got to hide?"

"Why keep the site active?"---(paraphrased)

Simple -------Maintain status quo.

As long as they can perpetuate the impression of being an active organization, they can claim the associated benefits.

There is plenty of revenue still untapped for those who have remained "faithful" to the organization.

There's certainly something about the internet that scares the hell out of them.

Free exchange of information?

Folks on Staff have made many suggestions for outreach via the internet. (I'm no a computer/internet guy so I can't explain them) The Directors shoot each one done with some force. People there are perplexed. One dude even asked them face to face "What've we got to hide?"

Maybe they've been reading Greasespot? :evildenk:

They are absolutely NOT about reaching out with the Word...

Just think about it, if they made their materials available (as most ministries do these days) they wouldn't have any CONTROL.

No control over how the person received the information.

No control over how they used the information.

No control over where that person might send their charitable contributions.

What would twi be, without all its controls?

What would twi be, without all its controls?

A little less Pavlovian in practice perhaps..

what is it about control that is so attractive to them.. they have their followers conditioned- when to applaud, when to pray, when to study, what to study.. all they have to do is ring the right bell, and they'll run to the mall slobbering on people..

Then blame them when they don't get "results".

Huh?

Personally, I think this kind of "conditioning" is rather unethical, being applied to human beings..

I know people who were conditioned to the extent they experienced something like an electric shock when the phone rang.

No joke.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni