GreaseSpot Cafe

"holy thing"

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant some time in the ministry. :P

Have to leave again.

That's what I was referring to -- some thought I should have left TWI years before I did. I think I briefly thought about it about the time CM was installed as President and perhaps more seriously when I saw him in "Athletes of the Spirit". Which reminds me of Mxx Gxx. She lived in my area -- very sweet and talented woman but even her expertise couldn't do a thing for CM clumsiness. I might have asked her why she didn't discourage him from taking the spot-lite. Oh well, I'm seriously going off topic now and before another spot comes around and smacks me upside the head I better split. ;)

Edited by Larry N Moore

When writing a person's name here, please do not type out their FULL name.

Substitute some characters, so that if they want a little privacy, they won't spend the rest of their

life getting search engines pointing to this.

The exception, of course, if the person has chosen to post their full name HERE.

For example, if I took pfal with Clark Kent,

I might write something like

"Back when I took pfal, I sat next to C1@rk K**t. I wonder how he's doing."

We also except people who are on twi's Board of Directors.

Sometimes we forget, sometimes we don't, but sometimes we go back and edit a name out

like that.

If I thought you were old and senile, I might expect to tell you this a lot.

I don't anticipate that, and would prefer not to be proven wrong.

That's what I was referring to -- some thought I should have left TWI years before I did. I think I briefly thought about it about the time CM was installed as President and perhaps more seriously when I saw him in "Athletes of the Spirit". Which reminds me of Mur**y G@lbr@1th. She lived in my area -- very sweet and talented woman but even her expertise couldn't do a thing for CM clumsiness. I might have asked her why she didn't discourage him from taking the spot-lite. Oh well, I'm seriously going off topic now and before another spot comes around and smacks me upside the head I better split. ;)

Actually, the story that goes around is that the original performance was

M**phy and H3yw**d Ch@p3311 doing a single routine.

They matched for height and so on.

After lcm watched "Staying Alive"-or to be specific, the "Satan's Alley" sequence,

he announced they were expanding it to a full-length production.

(It coincidentally resembled "Satan's Alley" in many ways.)

Early in the production, lcm declared that it was SUGGESTED to him that he play the lead.

I believe that someone may have uttered those words.

HOWEVER,

I believe he hinted around until someone uttered those words,

then seized on them as a mandate to grab the limelight,

his lack of talent notwithstanding.

The production would have been less painful to watch-although no more sound doctrinally-

if he'd limited himself to the coach-narrator role that explained things between dance numbers.

Don't you have anything better to do WW? Sheesh! There! Are you happy now that I edited it?

I'm in paradise.

She has the right to her privacy. After all, she has NOT elected to participate in the online ex-twi

community- or to do so under her own name. I respect her decision.

Actually, the story that goes around is that the original performance was

M**phy and H3yw**d Ch@p3311 doing a single routine.

They matched for height and so on.

After lcm watched "Staying Alive"-or to be specific, the "Satan's Alley" sequence,

he announced they were expanding it to a full-length production.

(It coincidentally resembled "Satan's Alley" in many ways.)

Early in the production, lcm declared that it was SUGGESTED to him that he play the lead.

I believe that someone may have uttered those words.

HOWEVER,

I believe he hinted around until someone uttered those words,

then seized on them as a mandate to grab the limelight,

his lack of talent notwithstanding.

The production would have been less painful to watch-although no more sound doctrinally-

if he'd limited himself to the coach-narrator role that explained things between dance numbers.

Well, that's nice but, more information than I think anyone here really gives a dang about.

She has the right to her privacy.

Now that's odd for you to say since if anyone were to look at some of the full names brandied around here the same concern doesn't seem to be an issue. Nor do the rules of the forum specifically state that posting full names is prohibited -- unless there are a set of rules posted somewhere that I haven't seen.

Now can we drop it or would you like to have the last word?

Aren't all things created by God holy?

Does godliness equal holiness?

1Timothy 2:2

for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness--

2Peter 1:3

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

2Peter 1:6

and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

2Peter 1:7

and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love

Edited by DrWearWord

Does godliness equal holiness?

1Timothy 2:2

for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Not exactly DrWearWord. Although Lucifer was originally "holy" I don't think he currently holds that distinction.

I'm not sure I understand your question. It was made by human hands and yet blessed by God. But it was just an object and as such it should not be worshipped.

Gee...and I thought the Ark of the Covenant was the Virgin Mary.

Before you laugh too loud, please go back to the OT and identify what 3 items were contained in the ark...

Edited by markomalley

Gee...and I thought the Ark of the Covenant was the Virgin Mary.

Before you laugh too loud, please go back to the OT and identify what 3 items were contained in the ark...

A golden pot of manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant.

A golden pot of manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant.

Very good!

Manna-bread of life, bread from heaven--right? the bread that kept God's people alive in the desert, right?

Tables of the covenant: the Word of God

Aaron's rod: symbol of God's choice of Aaron...and the House of Levi...to be the priests of the covenant...and (Num 18:1) that Aaron and his sons shall bear iniquity in connection with the sanctuary; and you and your sons with you shall bear iniquity in connection with your priesthood.. And, of course, the symbol of the budding, blooming, and bearing fruit also had a meaning (not revealed in the moment, though).

Can you think of a person to whom those three symbols, above, allude? (Think Heb 9:9)

Why can't I laugh first and then go check?

Read the above...

...a little less silly yet?

IN the beginning was the law of liberty and the law of liberty was with God and the law of liberty was God.

Path of delusion: In the beginning there's a false assumption…and the assumption becomes law…and the law becomes God.

All things must be reconsidered in light of the law of liberty.

...for it is by the word of God that we have the law of liberty.

All things must be interpreted through the assumption. For it is by the assumption that delusion is free to reign.

Edited by T-Bone

Perhaps. But he did not create them in or by the hands of men.

The idea that liberty and freedom allow us to do as we wish, and that in the end everything will be "fleshed out"..

I suggest is little different from the Epicurean philosophy of old.

Larry, right now I’m not impressed. Now if you rightly divided the yoke and did an extensive Greek word study on it, maybe. But really, you need to write a post complete with convincing proof before I can even consider it.

How fast did you eat? Did anyone besides your mother see you? Can you really say with any authority that you ate fast? How do you connect that to yoke on your face? Did you always eat eggs? I'm not following your logic.

Perhaps. But he did not create them in or by the hands of men.

The idea that liberty and freedom allow us to do as we wish, and that in the end everything will be "fleshed out"..

I suggest is little different from the Epicurean philosophy of old.

Yolk Yoke... Funny :biglaugh:

(Hell, who here grew up on a farm?) hehe

This is how I see it.

(I said I see things quite clearly.)

ANYTHING that leads back to the law of sin and death is the wrong way.

Anything that leads back to the SELF is the wrong way...

Our search must lead to the image of God (law of liberty).

For the law of liberty does not lead to the self but leads to God's true self.

So in the law of liberty we are not walking in the liberty of self but the liberty of God.

So even under the law of liberty we are to seek God's will and not our own.

This is why Jesus walked in the liberty of God to provide us with a mind picture of the true self of God's true image.

This is why Jesus Christ is the way..

For the law of liberty is not an occasion for the self but an occasion for the self of God...

This is why it is still a law.

For if it was just liberty then only the self would matter. This is still idolatry.

2Corinthians 10:5

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1Peter 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Comment: Obedience and grace? [law of liberty]

When we walk in the obedience of Christ we are walking in God's liberty.

Christ received grace "from God", this was not a self appointed grace...

Christ walked in the image of God not his own self image.

Christ walked in the fulfillment of God's liberty not his own...

So the law of liberty must lead away from the law of sin and death and away from the self and must move toward the liberty of the self [spirit] of God.

By focusing on the way of Jesus Christ we learn the way of God, for the way of Jesus was not the way of self.

Jesus did not walk in liberty he walked in the law of liberty.

Not my will but thine be done...

We worship God by walking in the the spirit of God and "God's" truth and compassion.

So when we place a human in this place like Horus or any other thing it is idolatry, we do not even put Jesus in this place.

The law of liberty is supposed to lead to a more perfect walk of love, not a walk of anarchy.

For we do not emulate Jesus but we emulate the true God through the walk of Jesus Christ and his love for God.

As Jesus emulated not his own walk but the walk of his father so should we do likewise.

Our logic must always be destined toward "God's" liberty.

We have "God" in Christ in us...

Edited by DrWearWord

BTW

Anytime I make errors in anything I say/write please do not feel like it is insulting to me to be corrected...

My heart is in the right place...

Acts 24:22

And when Felix heard these things, having more perfect knowledge of that way, he deferred them, and said, When Lysias the chief captain shall come down, I will know the uttermost of your matter.

Edited by DrWearWord