GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

>
">
>
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Ah, waysider - wonderful choice, but one's never enough! :dance: Here I go down that wrong road again - John Hartford (Don't know why I can't post songs anymore. :asdf: )

>
">
>
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">Ah, waysider - wonderful choice, but one's never enough! :dance: Here I go down that wrong road again - John Hartford (Don't know why I can't post songs anymore. :asdf: )
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Edited by dmiller

The coolest group ever:

And the one with one of the creepiest looking lead vocals (second only to maybe Aerosmith).

The group is really unique. Only two permanent members, a revolving door of back-up vocals and musicians, and a strange - almost nihilist sort of ethos, born - no doubt - in the surreal, neverland of California. Barry Manilow or Harry Connick Jr. could never reach me, but Steely Dan always could...

LOVE the Hooters tune, Dooj!George, I loved the Steely Dan, but look what you went and put in my head. Does anyone know why I can't post a youtube song even though I'm following the instructions to the letter - and now I have 2 line spaces between my paragraphs, but it shows up all as one paragraph?

Edited by bowtwi

Thanks, mstar! Between you and waysider maybe I'll get it yet!Cool tune - fun video to watch. Reminded me of this one by John Hartford's son, Jamie.It's pretty rough too, but worth it to me. I love this guy's music. Somebody's Gonna Pay

I tried again, and double-checked that I had it all copied and pasted, which I did, but then it didn't all show up when I checked a preview and I tried it twice. No worries - this should work fine. Edited by bowtwi

Two from one of my favorite guitarists -Harvey Reid

The Scotland Suite

I love the tapping effect It implies and almost sounds like bagpipes to me-- and yes thats a partial capo he plays with...

or if you prefer something a little less 'epic' and more lighthearted and fun

Fluf's Vacation

Edited by mstar1

hi song of the moment "gang"!

long time no post for me here............but, i just tonight saw a piece on bill moyers' journal on pbs entitled "playing for change: peace through music"...........it moved me to tears!.....it's a film ten years in the making, done by a fellow named mark johnson, in which he and his team, travelled throughout the world interviewing and recording various street musicians from south afica, nepal, the congo, france, spain, england, usa, etc., etc.,............included in the film are the songs "stand by me" and "one love", performed by scores of different street players/singers from all over the world, mixed together into a single track with the videos of the various performers flashing across the screen as their combined versions of the songs play as one..............truly moving and fabulous!........the response has overwhelmed the playing for change.org site, so i have no idea how to post any of it.........try going to your pbs.org sites and see if you can watch the video of that part of moyers' show!...............it was absolutely fabulous!.......................peace.