GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Wow so true ((((Mstar))) :eusa_clap::eusa_clap: :eusa_clap!!!!

I Love this Song, I put it up every year at least once as I hope to introduce anyone not familiar with Arlo Guthrie to this time period!!!

Alices restaurant part 1 of 2 - Arlo Guthrie

Alice's Restaurant Part 2

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Oh, how cool, mstar!!!

>
">
>
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Another of my favorite Arlo tunes, The Motorcycle Song.(Drat! I even tried to center the deal and it didn't work.)

Edited by bowtwi

Well I just got backj--that was the about awesomest Thanksgiving Ive ever had. :)

All the Guthries were there and after the huge dinner--there was music , music, music by all of them, they are a huge family and all folk singers--It was all very informal and fun- then whoever wanted to played---When the guitar made it to me I played an old Woody Guthrie tune

"Bound For Glory" and was joined in harmony by Annie and Sarah Lee Guthrie (and by the rest of the 80 or so people who were there who were in a singing mood) What a great way to work off a turkey dinner.

Well I don't know how I made Your day (((Bow))), but it was my pleasure

Wow, I am so glad for You (((Mstar))), yet I can't tell you just how much I would have loved to have been there....Awesome moments to treasure hey!!!

RB - My mistake, it was mstar that made my day by posting the motorcycle song that I wasn't able to do.

Mstar - You made my day, both by posting it, and by sharing your day with us. I thought of you a few times throughout the day and told a friend of mine about it - he's my age and never saw the movie Alice's Restaurant! He thought I was talking about that sitcom with a waitress named Alcie and the owner named Mel... Woo hoo! I get to rent the movie and watch it with my friend that's never ever seen it this weekend! :dance:

You'll see exactly were I was if you watch the movie, as a matter of fact being a stained glass guy myself, Arlo wants me to do some work on the windows in the church now :)

After spending the last umpteen thousand Thanksgivings always listening to "Alice's ", and knowing people all over the country do too, its still sinking in that I just spend TDay with the Guthrie Family.

To me that was a cool event--almost surreal that I was actually there--It was a GREAT time. Im gonna become a regular there now.

Heres Arlo's daughter, Sarah Lee and her husband Johnny Irion doing a song they played yesterday

You'll see exactly were I was if you watch the movie, as a matter of fact being a stained glass guy myself, Arlo wants me to do some work on the windows in the church now :) After spending the last umpteen thousand Thanksgivings always listening to "Alice's ", and knowing people all over the country do too, its still sinking in that I just spend TDay with the Guthrie Family. To me that was a cool event--almost surreal that I was actually there--It was a GREAT time. Im gonna become a regular there now. Heres Arlo's daughter, Sarah Lee and her husband Johnny Irion doing a song they played yesterday
Thank You ((((Mstar)))),This is a great song!!! I am so Happy You got to spend Your Thanksgiving with the Guthrie's!!!I have almost all of Arlo's, and Woody Guthries music and the Alice's Restaurant Movie and some of the other family member's mujsic...so why do I feel jealousy rearing it's ugly head....cause... it's not like being there I guess...I guess I will just continue to live vicariously!!!Congratulations on doing the stain glass work!!! Do submit a design or will you be working with a preconceived one??? Will You show here???

Congratulations on doing the stain glass work!!! Do submit a design or will you be working with a preconceived one??? Will You show here???
Well we'll see --I didnt get to get that far with Arlo--just that he has adream to get it done--Im aware folksingers who own churches, feed hundreds of people at a time for free and give a good portion of their money to benefits and good causes arent like regular customers... I'll swing a deal somehow..(maybe some personal music tutoring fom Arlo? --who knows..).somewhere over the last 40 years the old windows were removed I'd like to do something similar to the originals and include quotes from Woody and Arlo songs , maybe some of Woodys drawings and other things pertinent to what it is now--Im still working out the idea--These things can take awhile (years usually--) When it comes to past I'll post em if you want..

Meanwhile--you wouldnt be the first person to take a pilgrimage up this way--come one up for TDay one of these years..or the Garbage Walk---I can even show you the famous dump :biglaugh:

In spring Its nice up here

mstar !!!!! can you give a link to where you're quoted in the newspaper ?

also, my brother asked me to tell you he'll be at carnegie hall tomorrow --

Arlo Guthrie

Pete Seeger

Guests: Family Members of Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger

:)

we were thinking about you yesterday as alice's restaurant rang through the speakers at our family gathering

love,ex

Well we'll see --I didnt get to get that far with Arlo--just that he has adream to get it done--Im aware folksingers who own churches, feed hundreds of people at a time for free and give a good portion of their money to benefits and good causes arent like regular customers... I'll swing a deal somehow..(maybe some personal music tutoring fom Arlo? --who knows..).somewhere over the last 40 years the old windows were removed I'd like to do something similar to the originals and include quotes from Woody and Arlo songs , maybe some of Woodys drawings and other things pertinent to what it is now--Im still working out the idea--These things can take awhile (years usually--) When it comes to past I'll post em if you want..

Meanwhile--you wouldnt be the first person to take a pilgrimage up this way--come one up for TDay one of these years..or the Garbage Walk---I can even show you the famous dump :biglaugh:

In spring Its nice up here

(((Mstar))) Thanks for "the Lilacs are in Bloom"!!!

You are such a talented and blessed individual yourself as well as the Guthie's All are and will forever be!!!

May GOD Forever Keep and Bless You All!!!

All Your Sterling and Stellar Hearts shine through All the things that you do!!!

Your idea for the windows is Absolutely Perfect...I can even picture it now...the quotes and the drawings...I hope He selects that idea!!! What a blessing He and His Family are and have always been!!!

Perhaps a nationwide benefit for the restoration of the windows and support of His charity could be done!!! Maybe at his concerts contributors could bring in collections made in their areas???

Someday I hope to take a pilgrimage their for Thanksgiving Dinner...but in some ways I have already been there... as dreamers are not limited by finite conditions or circumstances...They can travel anywhere they want...at any given time!!! For sure not the Best way to go...so I keep reality and hope on its course for a pilgrimage too :) !!!

thanks for the kind words RG :) :redface:

I agree on the Guthries---

and Thats a great idea on the fundraiser---(i'll put you on my staff :wink2: right away!)

and excie for some reason I cant find the article--but I found some pictures HERE

Im in one of 'em--I'll let you all guess which one

Great Stuff waysider--sorry for carrying on like this--but I gotta put just one more before we move on--

"No one livin can ever stop me

as I go walking my freedom highway"

Woody Guthrie

Edited by mstar1

This is for DMiller, if he stops by this way:

Sorta a Japanese "Dueling Banjos", way too cool...

Then there's this one with one of the same shamisen players (if my reading is correct, his name is Honsho (something) ichi) but this time teamed up with a taiko (drum) player. All traditional instruments, but with a few modern refinements (placement of the drums, and electronic amplification). Again, just too cool. I love this stuff...