GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Here's some vintage Leo Kottke:

His effortless playing and simple, unadorned performance shows what it's like to actually BE a musician, as opposed to a celebrity that relies on the studio to provide the substance. Makes me envy his ability. I don't envy the years of practice it musta taken to get there, but I sure wish I could do what he does now...

Well put, I rarely go for the big production numbers anymore but moreso the musician who would be comfortable playing on your front porch. Ive always liked that version of Louise and had an appreciation for guys like Leo....

I don't envy the years of practice it musta taken to get there, but I sure wish I could do what he does now...

Ive been trying for 35 years--I still cant do it........

I caught the concert at the National Mall yesterday, It was good to see old Pete Seeger up there--being Pete

I dont know why someone doesnt make this the National Anthem II

EDIT:

Gees talk about irony

I hope you got chance to see the video before HBO took it down.

Seeger included the two "radical" verses, which are often omitted.

In the squares of the city -- in the shadow of the steeple

Near the relief office I see my people

And some are grumblin' and some are wonderin'

If this land's still made for you and me.

As I was walkin' -- I saw a sign there

And that sign said No Trespassin'

But on the other side it didn't say nothin!

Now that side was made for you and me!

Whatever you might think about No Trespassin' signs generally, it's a bit much to put them on video of a concert put on for the people, to celebrate our new President and our country. But putting them on this song in particular? are they nuts?

Woody Guthrie doesnt belong to HBO, and Pete Seeger sure doesn't either.

I found another view (screw HBO)

Edited by mstar1

I am still into Bjork, Tic Tac Toe (warum), Soundgarden, and every artist that died from a drug overdose. Bjork still won't answer any of my letters, Tic Tac Toe broke up, Soundgarden broke up, and the rest, well their dead and I haven't heard any new stuff from them.

I used to spend a whole lot of time listenning to jazz, per influence from Howard Yeremian, the old stuff, whiny saxaphones, Miles Davis..but then again, I delved a lot also into spiritual reggae, like I and I, and being in a babylon...yeah, thats me, living in a babylon, with the man holding me down...

I am still into Bjork, Tic Tac Toe (warum), Soundgarden, and every artist that died from a drug overdose. Bjork still won't answer any of my letters, Tic Tac Toe broke up, Soundgarden broke up, and the rest, well their dead and I haven't heard any new stuff from them.

Aretha Franklin

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7c2lC9JlJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7c2lC9JlJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7c2lC9JlJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks for this one, and yes, I am still on the hat, love that hat..

If you haven't heard or seen this one, its pretty funny, explicit language - so keep the kids out a range. I am not a country western sort of person, but Tim Wilson is an exception for me, well, this song... A man with an agenda song, I can relate to it.. Enjoy, politically incorrect, a point of view on media figureheads...yep

If I Had A Hi Fi

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome, a retro jazz interpretation of swinging cats and clicking fingers in a small club, loved it..

Chance--Man On A Mission

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great tune...but the guy/dude with the moo stash is not taking my daughter to the prom, if I had a daughter..