GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

CAUTION: You may not want to WATCH this video. Its one of those seizure inducing houses, overblown with too many

computerized christmas lights that makes an appearance every year about this time...

I just like the song and its the only copy I could find

Jethro Tull

Holly Herald

Mstar,

Who knew Stephen Colbert could sing? :) Willie nearly clean shaven? I don't know about that. . . .

This one has been stuck in my head for a few days. Heard it somewhere. . . memories. . .

Edited by geisha779

Oops you snuck one in between--

Here is one I am still mulling over. . . ?? Is it me or does this seem too much?
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

No reason to mull any longer --I made it about 20 seconds in to the video and to me it seemed overdone to the point of parody--maybe its for someone just not for me....

I like understatements myself or someone just playing in their living room --I know this isnt for everyone but I honestly get more out of something like this

or this--

Edited by mstar1

Now that is more like it Mstar!! I will listen to both all the way through--more than once. Lovely.

I get to hear music like the second video all the time. My kid and his friends sit and play like that. . . enough to make you weep.

Gotta tell you. . . my son's name is Ian. Why do you think? I wanted Tristan--no said Hubby "Too much like a girls name". . . I wanted Colin, he said "Do you want him beaten on the playground?" I wanted Grahm he said "Like the cracker?" I said "Ian?" He said "Like Ian Anderson?" "Yeah that is a good solid name!!"

Ian it is!

Well, there are about 2,500 registered GSC folks, which means maybe 25 of you enjoy opera. So for you 25, and for anybody interested in learning about opera, I offer the great Italian soprano Cecilia Bartoli performing a beautiful aria called 'Sposa Son Disprezzata' by Vivaldi. It takes my breath away every time I hear her sing this poignant plead.

Sposa son disprezzata.Fida, son oltraggiata.Cieli, che feci mai?E pur egliè il mio cor,il mio sposo, il mio amor,la mia speranza.
I am a scorned wife.Faithful, yet insulted.Heavens, what did I do?Yet he is my love,my husband, my beloved,my hope.