Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's Corporate Secret


Recommended Posts

  • 9 years later...
On 6/26/2007 at 6:51 PM, skyrider said:

In my opinion, twi has a corporate secret: No one on the field will truly "remain standing with twi" throughout their lifetime in the eyes of twi's contempt. Why do I say this? Because, as twi defines "standing" or "committed".....it embodies the concept of faithfully witnessing, abundant sharing, attending fellowships and classes, constantly keeping step with the present truth (cough, cough) and embracing an adulation of youthful bliss. So, unless one dies suddenly and thus, prematurely it's quite certain that twi's bod will scoff at their "commitment" in their elderly years.

As the years quickly pass by, it seems more and more apparent that twi is grasping at the wind in its attempts to hold onto its followers. Their desire to exploit their followers as merchandise is CONSTANT CONVERSATION on the internet i.e. Greasespot Cafe. And, without a charismatic leader, twi has NO appeal. It's policies and mundane teachings are transparent to the aging followers.

The love of God does NOT abide at the trustee/director level in twi. A competitive and manipulative environment is fostered by twi's leadership and is core to way corps teachings. The marching orders of the day are to keep step with the directors' policies.....of which, they themselves do NOT live...

 

 

On 6/27/2007 at 9:46 AM, WordWolf said:

The policy of people as DISPOSABLE was begun with vpw, and has continued to this day.

Most of the people don't see THEMSELVES as disposable, which means when the FIND THAT OUT,

it causes conflict.

Further, the "present truth" is a continually-moving-goalpost, and twi drones have to keep moving continually

to keep hitting it, and that means they have to just embrace EVERY thing that comes out of twi

even if it contradicts what came out of twi YESTERDAY. Eventually, most people either notice it and

get tired of it, or get sick and tired of being sick and tired...

 

I came upon this thread indirectly – I think from Skyrider making reference to it on his 1989-1998 Timeline: Insanity on Steroids thread…anyway, just wanted to comment here. At Grease Spot I occasionally experience little “realizations”….it’s getting another small glimpse of the big picture…another layer of the onion is peeled back.

I love to analyze something to the nth degree but that can only get you so far if all you’re doing is theorizing with little practical experience in the matter. Regarding another thread The Way Corps: Victims or Oppressors I was trying to narrow down the reason for TWI’s quick demise – and Skyrider made the point one could easily make the case for multiple factors in its downfall – and the most notable factor in my opinion – now, after mulling over this thread – is the unreasonable and unsustainable demands made on the way corps.

My wife and I left TWI barely out of in-residence way corps training. We were not yet worn down by years of the daily grind as active corps on the field. Regarding “a lifetime of Christian service” – we were just cranking up the old treadmill. After reading Penworks’ Undertow, and some of the stories of Skyrider and other seasoned corps –  I feel a tinge of survivor’s guilt in that I was not put through the wringer - aka the daily grind of the TWI-machine – a lean, mean, exploiting machine – and from what I gather, the wheels turned slowly but ground exceedingly fine.

I want to leave a final note to way corps still involved with TWI. I still have fond memories of the many good and decent folks I met while at the Rome City campus. We were all so idealistic, filled with hope, determined that we would make a difference in The Way and in the world. And to you all I say…you deserve better ! You should find a group, a charity, a church, a community, a service…someplace that is worthy of your talents. You are not disposable!

 

Love and peace

T-Bone

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

I want to leave a final note to way corps still involved with TWI. I still have fond memories of the many good and decent folks I met while at the Rome City campus. We were all so idealistic, filled with hope, determined that we would make a difference in The Way and in the world. And to you all I say…you deserve better ! You should find a group, a charity, a church, a community, a service…someplace that is worthy of your talents. You are not disposable!

Hear, hear, T-Bone.

Innies, GET OUT NOW and find a rich and abundant life where you are FREE TO SERVE and free to develop that love that God has instilled in you.  See the many ways people genuinely serve their communities.  Engage in startling discourse.  You may even find that some of the "special knowledge" that TWI is the guardian of - are widely known in the church.  And other "special knowledge" is so irrelevant that nobody cares a whit.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, on solstice weekend I'm going to Stonehenge to minister to druids!! :rolleyes:

Street Pastors from various locations around Stonehenge are invited to go and help look after the hundreds of people at the Solstice.  Some attendees will fancy themselves as druids, some are just nature lovers, others will be in for the thrill of doing something different.  What an opportunity to witness to anybody interested in telling them about the Son, not the Sun!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinky said:

By the way, on solstice weekend I'm going to Stonehenge to minister to druids!! :rolleyes:

Street Pastors from various locations around Stonehenge are invited to go and help look after the hundreds of people at the Solstice.  Some attendees will fancy themselves as druids, some are just nature lovers, others will be in for the thrill of doing something different.  What an opportunity to witness to anybody interested in telling them about the Son, not the Sun!

How cool is that?!  Have fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2007 at 7:51 PM, skyrider said:

In my opinion, twi has a corporate secret: No one on the field will truly "remain standing with twi" throughout their lifetime in the eyes of twi's contempt. Why do I say this? Because, as twi defines "standing" or "committed".....it embodies the concept of faithfully witnessing, abundant sharing, attending fellowships and classes, constantly keeping step with the present truth (cough, cough) and embracing an adulation of youthful bliss. So, unless one dies suddenly and thus, prematurely it's quite certain that twi's bod will scoff at their "commitment" in their elderly years.

As the years quickly pass by, it seems more and more apparent that twi is grasping at the wind in its attempts to hold onto its followers. Their desire to exploit their followers as merchandise is CONSTANT CONVERSATION on the internet i.e. Greasespot Cafe. And, without a charismatic leader, twi has NO appeal. It's policies and mundane teachings are transparent to the aging followers.

The love of God does NOT abide at the trustee/director level in twi. A competitive and manipulative environment is fostered by twi's leadership and is core to way corps teachings. The marching orders of the day are to keep step with the directors' policies.....of which, they themselves do NOT live.

In reading through the Friend Tracker Forum.......ANOTHER region/limb coordinator (and wife) walks away from this gluttenous cult and strikes out on his own in a brave move. Yep, even in this "kinder and gentler ministry" H@yward and N@ncy Ch@ppell (sp?) are disassociating themselves from their "embrace."

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Where have I seen this pattern before???........from Region coordinator........to Limb coordinator........to Branch coordinator....... to secular career..........to NO twi involvement!

Yeah, Twi's corporate secret: No one on the field will truly "remain standing with twi" a lifetime. But, in actuality I tend to think that MANY of the corps leadership are busy planning their LIFETIME without twi.

Thank you Paw.......Greasespot continues to awaken those in cultic slumber.

:evildenk:

Sky, as usual, you bring up an interesting point.  If the GSC, or Internet had been around 40 years ago, would I have gotten involved with TWI??  I don't think I would have; the GSC continues to teach me the way TWI really operated 40 years ago, and perhaps still does.  In the various Twigs I attended, everything was always hunky-dory.  God forbid if we had known what really went on in Way World; most of us would have left much sooner, and taken our ABS with us.  In my view, TWI was always about money, and not the love of God.  The time, and money I wasted in my youth!!:nono5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 11:55 PM, T-Bone said:

 

I came upon this thread indirectly – I think from Skyrider making reference to it on his 1989-1998 Timeline: Insanity on Steroids thread…anyway, just wanted to comment here. At Grease Spot I occasionally experience little “realizations”….it’s getting another small glimpse of the big picture…another layer of the onion is peeled back.

 

 

I love to analyze something to the nth degree but that can only get you so far if all you’re doing is theorizing with little practical experience in the matter. Regarding another thread The Way Corps: Victims or Oppressors I was trying to narrow down the reason for TWI’s quick demise – and Skyrider made the point one could easily make the case for multiple factors in its downfall – and the most notable factor in my opinion – now, after mulling over this thread – is the unreasonable and unsustainable demands made on the way corps.

 

 

My wife and I left TWI barely out of in-residence way corps training. We were not yet worn down by years of the daily grind as active corps on the field. Regarding “a lifetime of Christian service” – we were just cranking up the old treadmill. After reading Penworks’ Undertow, and some of the stories of Skyrider and other seasoned corps –  I feel a tinge of survivor’s guilt in that I was not put through the wringer - aka the daily grind of the TWI-machine – a lean, mean, exploiting machine – and from what I gather, the wheels turned slowly but ground exceedingly fine.

 

 

I want to leave a final note to way corps still involved with TWI. I still have fond memories of the many good and decent folks I met while at the Rome City campus. We were all so idealistic, filled with hope, determined that we would make a difference in The Way and in the world. And to you all I say…you deserve better ! You should find a group, a charity, a church, a community, a service…someplace that is worthy of your talents. You are not disposable!

 

 

 

 

 

Love and peace

 

 

T-Bone

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, T-Bone!!!  A great post; you said it so well!!  :eusa_clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 3:57 AM, Twinky said:

By the way, on solstice weekend I'm going to Stonehenge to minister to druids!! :rolleyes:

Street Pastors from various locations around Stonehenge are invited to go and help look after the hundreds of people at the Solstice.  Some attendees will fancy themselves as druids, some are just nature lovers, others will be in for the thrill of doing something different.  What an opportunity to witness to anybody interested in telling them about the Son, not the Sun!

Twinky, what a great post!!  :eusa_clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...