GreaseSpot Cafe

We're Building Something

Belle

How many times have you heard that? Was it taught repetitively like it was in my area?

We were told we were building a ministry for our children's children. 3 Generations down the road we're preparing for. We want them to have a clean ministry where they can learn to live the word and have the more abundant life...

Moneyhands would tell some story about planting trees at hq and how now people are really able to enjoy those trees they planted so many years ago....

What kind of ministry are they really building and how long will it last?

To quote Bob:

quote:
If you're an innie and you see things aren't right, what are you doing about it? Waiting for someone else to take the initiative? Don't hold your breath. Don't get me wrong, people have tried in the past. A lot of them are here and they can tell you themselves how they were shown the door and the labels put on them afterward. But you will never hear what they tried to do within TWI. You will only hear how messed up they were.

You think you got what it takes to change TWI? You've committed your life to it. You might as well make it right if you're going to be there for the long haul. What are you waiting for? Scared?

Is this something really worth committing your life to?

I know a few wc who went into the training because they wanted to fix things. I don't know how they plan to do that seeing as how what Bob said is true. People who try to "fix" things or make "suggestions" that aren't popular are quickly squashed and/or kicked out.

What kind of life is that?? You can't make waves? You're afraid to speak up? Even Moneyhands was afraid to speak up when someone he wanted in the wc program was getting the run around from hq. When you're an RC and you keep your mouth shut because you don't want to make waves, how much power to you really have?

How pathetic is it to be kissing @$$, living off the mandatory tithes and abundant sharing of people because you could never make it in the real world? People who really think God talks to you. People who really think you're teaching them the truth. You KNOW there are errors in what you teach! You KNOW there is treachery and evil at the root! You KNOW you are just as guilty for lying and covering for some of that evil! You KNOW lives have been destroyed! You KNOW you're just living paycheck to paycheck towing the company line because you can't do anything else.

This is how you want your children and your children's children to grow up? Sounds like you're building a rat's nest to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

I know a few wc who went into the training because they wanted to fix things.

Well if they went into the corps to change things. I don't know how they thought they could do that, because you have to kiss twi doctrine and kiss twi arse to get through the corps. You join the corps to live the "It Is Written" life style (twi life style) You may as well be a beleiver and try to do that. Not that their heart was not in the right place but to go through the corps and to think your going to change things. nono5.gif

quote:
But you will never hear what they tried to do within TWI. You will only hear how messed up they were.

If twi is set on *building* something and one attempts to *fix* the discrepancies -- it will only be perceived as an attack. There isn't any criticism that they (twi) would consider constructive.

And regardless of the good some try to do by working from within, all they will reap are slandering lies and false accusations -- as they are being tossed out the door, abandoned by the very *ministry* that they gave their heart and soul to.

If I didn't know better -- I would say that twi originally coined the phrase:

MY WAY, or the HIGHWAY.

quote:
The Limb Coordinator of Florida is a penis.

Shellon, tell me how you REALLY feel. heh heh.

"You KNOW you're just living paycheck to paycheck towing the company line because you can't do anything else"

Belle, that is indeed a short leash for the poor bast***s. Sometimes I don't know whether to loathe them, or feel sorry for them.. what a pathetic existence.

quote:
The Limb Coordinator of Florida is a penis.

Now that really is an insult...

to penises everywhere.

They'll just have to rise up and take a stand caravan against that kind of negative comparison.

Because we all have to hang together, or we will surely all hang separately.

(I know, it's cheap humor, but it's the only kind I can afford. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> )

Shellon, you really should be ashamed. Insulting penises like that. wink2.gif;)-->

JustLoafing, I've no doubt that the people who go through wc training thinking they are going to be able to change things will have a rude awakening. I think, too, it will be an eye opening experience culminating in either drinking the kool-aid or disillusionment and walking away. I'm just sorry they have to waste so many years to get to that point.

dmiller, excellent post! They don't understand constructive criticism because they are always on the defensive, but they fail to understand that they are always on the defensive because they refuse to accept the constructive criticism to change and thereby continue (as they see it) being attacked.

quote:
"You KNOW you're just living paycheck to paycheck towing the company line because you can't do anything else"

Belle, that is indeed a short leash for the poor bast***s. Sometimes I don't know whether to loathe them, or feel sorry for them.. what a pathetic existence.

Me too, Mr. H, me too. I'm sure the ride was fun in the beginning, but somewhere along the line the option to leave became less and less an option.

If I don't like my job, I can find another one. If I don't like where I live, I can always move. They don't have that freedom. They couldn't find another job now and they are told where to live (to a degree) and how much they can spend on rent. They can't leave unless they are independently wealthy because they could never make it in "the real world" since they've been sucking on TWIt tit for so long.

My one very good friend who lurks here some..

I remember when the new branch corps guy came here about 199(something),

His first statement, "so your'e the new d**K on the block" or something close to that.

He must have been right, the guy now runs at least a limb..heh heh.

I feel sorry for New Jersey..