GreaseSpot Cafe

Are my PM messages private?

Larry N Moore

By that (the title of this thread) I mean -- Can an Administrator access my private messages?

I've been on Boards where this had become an issue and it was admitted by the Administrators that they can indeed view the private messages of the members.

We don't have access to them.

Curious why you didn't PM me to ask instead of making it a topic

By that (the title of this thread) I mean -- Can an Administrator access my private messages?

I've been on Boards where this had become an issue and it was admitted by the Administrators that they can indeed view the private messages of the members.

Hey there Larry. :)

I'm not a Mod -- but this subject has come up before.

The posting populace of GSC has been told by SEVERAL Mods,

(including Paw -- if I recollect correct) --- that the answer is NO.

:dance:

Paw, perhaps Larry wanted to inform others as he informed himself. I've wondered that myself. Are you sure that you can't access them? I find that a little difficult to believe.

PMSing notwithstanding, of course

Edited by anotherDan

There are ways to get into the database, which would take some doing. I would have to have someone come in and do it for me.

All I can suggest is that if you don't use the PM feature if it is so bothersome. Or say the word and I can disable it for you.

Paw, that won't be necessary.

Are you coming to breakfast in the morning? I hear someone is going to be cooking up a good batch of biscuits covered in the best gravy in the U.S. of A. Yummy!