GreaseSpot Cafe

The Power to Change The Way

shortfuse

Reading the thread about the (im)probability of changes at The Way, I'm reminded of how powerless most Way folks feel in affecting any change whatsoever in the organization. These folks who so earnestly crave a change at the top, act like the only way that will ever happen is by outliving the current regime, and picking up the pieces. But honestly, who really wields power in the Way? Is it the B.O.D. or the individual believer? Simple. Who funds it? The individual believer.

Here's what I'm saying, "innies". If you don't like the direction the Way is going in, stop waiting for it to change one day in the future. Make it change today. That is, STOP SENDING THEM YOUR MONEY. You will be shocked how quickly you will have their ear with this one simple measure. If you feel bound by duty to tithe, you don't have to stop, just give your money where you believe it will better fund God's work. If/When The Way is more in line with what you can honestly support, then give them your money in a clear conscience.

Shortfuse, I agree with you 100%. Just as we learned in the 70's with oil, if you turn off the faucet, you WILL definitely get someone's attention. In this case, RR and everyone else who has their eyes in the ABS as their retirement nest egg. The thought of them { God forbid} hAving to do real work after TWI could give them a major coronary. :blink:

STOP SENDING THEM YOUR MONEY. You will be shocked how quickly you will have their ear with this one simple measure.

not only will you have their ear, most likely, you'lll have a good dose of their arrogance. But I don't think they have anybody charismatic enough to stand up front on a SNS and confront "da body of christ'..

Why do they need to overtake or outlive the current regime?

I say, get out into the world, have a life. Get a job. Struggle to make a life and watch how some folks deal with their problems. Meet some real folks with real problems and real deep despair and spend some real time on your knees for these folks. Really see how things are and not how they appear to be when you are safely tucked away in some cow pasture in Ohio.

THEN - after you've gotten to know real people, ask God to help you help them. Listen to Him.

You may not have a mutli-billion dollar "ministry" but you will have a Godly ministry.

God doesn't need a "President." He needs people who have their hearts open to Him and are willing to lay themselves down for his people.

Jesus is Lord. All other postions are subject to change.

Edited by doojable

I say, get out into the world, have a life. Get a job. Struggle to make a life and watch how some folks deal with their problems. Meet some real folks with real problems and real deep despair and spend some real time on your knees for these folks. Really see how things are and not how they appear to be when you are safely tucked away in some cow pasture in Ohio.

THEN - after you've gotten to know real people, ask God to help you help them. Listen to Him.

You may not have a mutli-billion dollar "ministry" but you will have a Godly ministry.

God doesn't need a "President." He needs people who have their hearts open to Him and are willing to lay themselves down for his people.

Jesus is Lord. All other postions are subject to change.

Wow!

Double WOW! On the last line.

Thanks Eyes... I have some moments of clarity when I'm not busy making gravy...

I was also thinking:

Even IF TWI were to be fixed and changed (BIG f'en IF, I know ;)) there is already so much baggage associated with TWI. Why fight all those decades of negative publicity, and the "cult" label? Why start to rebuild something from two miles underground? That's a huge hole to dig out from.

If my kid came to me and said that she found a wonderful ministry called "The Way" I'd definitely have something to say...

On second thought... keep the name. That way we'll see you coming and tell everyone to run.

Edited by doojable

Stop sending money is a good idea, I wouldn't send them a dime. But as I said in one other thread Rosie doesn't need anyone's money. She's sittin' on a big pile of it already.

All they would do is reprove you and tell you ""God isn't going to spit in your direction" if you don't abundantly share.

What a crock. They should be put in jail.

Who has the power to change TWI? I don't think it is those sending money. They maybe have the power to end the way but not change it. It isn't set up that way. Their version of God's Word is not a market driven system.

TWI has a long history of not listening to differing views from within and changing. Not until recently have they even entertained that concept of letting those voices stay withing the group. I can't think of one change in a major teaching over the years outside of the masterbation teaching of the original CFS class and the number of manifestations in the OT teaching and both of those changes were made by LCM. Boycotting your ABS will not be met with more attention to your concerns. I think that the reaction will be more like what our endangered friend said. Back to more reproof and control.

I do see one way it might work. Seeing as there are apparently local level leaders and perhaps higher up that at the very least have issues with some doctrine or the way in which TWI handles things, those should be the people doing something and acting on part of their local followers. If those people have issues with TWI those people should act on the best interest of the local folks that they believe they are somewhat responsible for. You are the only ones that top leaders might listen to anyways. So, you guys, people like the guys GstG was refering to in his thread should get together and stop sending your AREA's abs into HQ. That will get their attention. Of course, you will probably just be replaced but if you have issues with TWI then do something about it now rather than later.

Every grass roots movement has leaders. Someone needs to rally people together to form one voice instead of just a buch of individual voices trying to change the market by not buying Walmart. Most of the people that are still in that see any problems at all are people that think it is still the best thing going. I don't see those people, after all that has happened, not funding "the best thing going" or "the ministry that taught them the rightly divided Word."

It would be hard and perhaps risky getting the word out. Hell, M*tt M*ll*ns gave my brother a "heads up" that I was causing trouble over on the Way kids Myspace. I'm not even in. I'm sure innies with concerns know the unfriendly attitude towards disenting views. That would be another thing local leaders could do...create a local atmosphere where giving your opinion is welcome and appreciated.

A lot of ground work like that would need to be done in order to organize any sort of voice to be reckoned with.

Of course, the looming question. Is it really worth it? I think you know my answer.

Edited by lindyhopper

Why do they need to overtake or outlive the current regime?

You may not have a multi-billion dollar "ministry" but you will have a Godly ministry.

Jesus is Lord. All other positions are subject to change.

Do they want to please God,

or do they want the money and power MORE?

It's a simple question....

They don't even need a title- God doesn't need people holding out for titles or even official organizations.

Do they want to please God,

or do they want the money and power MORE?

It's a simple question....

They don't even need a title- God doesn't need people holding out for titles or even official organizations.

Agreed.

That question is almost rhetorical.

If I'm not mistaken, even though God gave some men new names, He only gave one a title. All the titles and nametags are really a device of man.