GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Headquarters - a maintenance nightmare?

igotout

Uncle Howie talks about how owning land, especially with trees, is a a great investment. They have land over by the Crown offices or somewhere. They're waiting for some other corporation to make an offer.

They let the North Field and the Way Fields grow and farms purchase and harvest the hay. Saves on labor.

They've been encouraging people to move off grounds. The time requirement to live on grounds has been reduced a couple of times I think. I guess this would reduce maintenance needs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Howie? Crown offices? I'm cornfused. :huh:

Encouraging folks to move off campus?

Letting the fields grow?

Sounds like they are trying to cut costs as much as possible without selling off anything and exposing how pathetically they've shrunk.

The sharks were talking this week-end and that $40 million we know they have in the bank is from Gunnison's paperwork - that means TWI itself probably has a lot more than that in the bank in addition to that $40 million.

Wonder if they're having to dip into those coffers and how long it will last as TWI continues to shrink. Aren't most of the folks left reaching the top end of the natural life span and/or their sunset years? Income typically dips at that time and, naturally, abundant sharing dollars will follow suit. :unsure:

The sharks were talking this week-end and that $40 million we know they have in the bank is from Gunnison's paperwork - that means TWI itself probably has a lot more than that in the bank in addition to that $40 million.

You know, I think the statute of limitations starts once the fraud is discovered. I just now discovered it was all about the money, and they got a ton. A good lawyer will get all us grieving Gspotters a time share at Gunnison. Since I am starting this ... I want the little TJ house full time, and I'll arrange activites and housing for yous guys whenever you want to come.

Whoever gets the lawyer team (they get a third?) and works that ... they get second choice. So really all that's left is to discuss if we want Morgans again, or what kind of horses?

Oh boy ... I'm looking forward to partying with you guys ... oh .. the building with the kitchen ... will have a full bar, and surely we can come up with a band. Come on guys, we are a group to be reckoned with. Let's not piiss it away on just talk. We have numbers and knowledge.

Belle ... can you lead the charge ... and I'll see you at Camp Gunnison in about a year ... I still have my belt buckle. Yahoooo ...

Can someone makeup a form for sign ups for the time shares?

Edited by rhino

:offtopic:

root locale.

Sorry, can't resist this...

...the exploits of certain leaders definitely give "root" locale a new meaning.

Were they telling us all along what went on at HQ?

(Slapped wrist, ducking for cover ;) )

Edited by Twinky

Uncle Howie? Crown offices? I'm cornfused. :huh:

Encouraging folks to move off campus?

Letting the fields grow?

Sounds like they are trying to cut costs as much as possible without selling off anything and exposing how pathetically they've shrunk.

Wonder if they're having to dip into those coffers and how long it will last as TWI continues to shrink. Aren't most of the folks left reaching the top end of the natural life span and/or their sunset years? Income typically dips at that time and, naturally, abundant sharing dollars will follow suit. :unsure:

Crown Equipment Corporation hangers their corporate jet in New Knockerville, OH. Crown is out of New Beman. They manfactur fork lifts.

TWI has had local farmers harvest the hay in the fields for a price and have rented the fiels out to soybean and corn farmers in the past. They have a ton of acreage and they know how to use it.

There is also a large lumber company in NK - I would think that TWI would also be harvesting and selling some of the Way Woods, if they haven't already.

Anyone know how MANY acres TWI has in New Knockersville???

Tenjewberrymud. :)

So, they own more land than just the land around the compound? I'm curious as to how much they have, too.

If they are, how does selling off some of the Way Woods or even just the lumber sit with folks who have loved ones buried there, I wonder.

Rhino, TJ house is yours, but I want a master key to the wine cellar. Think we could start our own little winery, too?

We should be able to have a smorgasboard of live music given all the talented Greasespots we've got here at the cafe. DMiller can oversee the jam sessions.

Good .. it's all coming together ... yeah Belle, they do grapes near Denver, Gunnison is pretty high, but we'll manage ... and yeah, you get a key ...

Rascal, that sounds good ... you could move right into the tack house with your little yoda friend .... I wonder if I could find the camp image on line via satellite.

Ha .. looks like they built a little more along the river. and a few other new cabins ... you can click on the little "aerial image" tag in the top right and then zoom in a little ...

We need a name for our action ... "stop the creeps" recovery program ... ummm ... not too catchy ... hmmm.

Edited by rhino

I can't think of a more perfect person to handle that, Rascal!! When you're not doing that and if you're not too tired, we'll have you giving karate lessons. Once a month, at least, however, you will be required to fix that incredibly yummy split pea soup of yours! :biglaugh:

How about "Whining Winos"?

Google Maps lets you zoom in a little bit closer. Is it really that close to the river? When I'm sober....ahhhh..... not sampling the wine, I could be a whitewater rafting guide. That's my dream job anyway.

I may have to look up some of that wine, Rhino..... you know, for research purposes. :who_me: