GreaseSpot Cafe

How many of these have you done?

Ron G.

***1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

***2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

***3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write " For Smuggling Diamonds"

***7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."

8 . Dont use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

***10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

***11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."

***12. Sing Along At The Opera.

***13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme?

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

***17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

***18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

***11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."

I do this one at the MacDonalds from time to time, but it doesn't seem to do anything but confuse the many Filipinos who work there. They don't get it. They always come back with; "But sir all orders in drive through are to go". And I say; "But please, yes, make my order to go. Thank you". And then they start to explain again, and have the time they stop in mid sentence, exasperated. My kids think it hilarious. By now there are a couple who get it because they recognize me and laugh about it because they finally got it. It seems that the white kids who work there get it immediately. Maybe we white folks are too much of a bunch of smart arses?

And, that "zoo prank" is a funny one, although I don't think I could do it.

None of them.

I have been known to say "have a good weekend" on Thursdays as the employees leave.

I've signed credit card receipts "donald duck", much to my wife's annoyance.

When the bagger says "paper or plastic", I reply "what would you recommend?" or "paper IN plastic IN paper"

When asked "how are you doing" I often reply "mean as a snake", but only when they know I'm joking.

Good God, this is great I'm in=

At lunch time when your boss is sititng in the cafateria with the cute blonde in accounting, page hin on the intercom and tell hiim his wife is in the lobby. (You better disguise your voice).

When one of your kids is telling you he doesn't want to go to college. Tell him he'll end up working at a job where the only thing he will say all day is, "do you want fries with that"?

upon first meeting someone and they say to me "You look familiar, do I know you?" i reply "I don't know, have you ever been to prison?"

I get into elevators and stand in the middle and face the back wall (Drives my wife bonkers)

whenever someone new ties into one of my ropes, I always tell them "Be careful I don't remember which end that dog peed on.

Some really stupid fast food clerk - just before they say anything to you say with a straight face "Welcome to mcDonalds, Can I take your order please?"

That elevator trick sounds like fun. What kind of reaction do you have from other riders?

I have, at times when in an elevator, said with exhuberance: "And so, how are we all doing today? Ya know, people rarely talk in elevators, let's talk!" And many times people laugh and a conversation strikes up and then we say good bye when each person gets off. Once I had the people welcoming new arrivals with a big loud "Hi!" Too fun, all of that...

Does this count?

OSHA visited my job site, I had one of my trusted bi-lingual workers travel the 40+ building site telling everyone to shut down lock up and meet at my office.

After 2 attempts with one sub-contractors crew had failed, my trusted employee shouted in Spanish that INS was on site. 3 men were last seen 3 blocks away still running………

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

Those are all great, Ron - THANKS!!!... But # 16 is my favorite....I haven't done any of these yet - but I am working up the nerve to refer to myself in the third person all day at work.