GreaseSpot Cafe

Think TWI has Changed?

Belle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did respond to her, but was paranoid about being too "wordy" so I kept it short and sweet. I was hoping she'd come over here and get more sage advice from the wise souls we have at the Cafe:

"Please check out Greasespot Cafe www.greasespotcafe.com before you return to The Way International. :)

Ask there what people are doing now who left The Way.

There are so many other churches and organizations who offer so much more than The Way does or can. They don't have abusive leadership and the leaders DO take responsibility for their actions."

My response to her was via private message. :)

Ham, :biglaugh: Can't wait to see their response to yours!

It is heartening to see that at least the youngsters aren't so blinded as to the geriatric nature TWI has become. There's hope for them yet!

Slow internet site is no joke.. third day and the finest piece of sarcasm since the earth cooled, at least from their perspective, still just lays there..

:biglaugh:

Yeah, it is heartening to see at least one of them acknowledge the geraiatric state of affairs in der vey..

just don't get in TOO big a hurry to bury to poor geezers..

:)

Ham, I'm wondering if we got them in trouble. As if it isn't bad enough that we can read and post to their site, we can read what they wrote. Granted, it's not that bad, but I can just hear it now:

"The internet is evil and we know it's not really best to be on it, but if you insist on posting on internet boards, then please carefully choose your words. There are cop-outs, devil possessed former TWIts believers who may hold a grudge against TWI and use anything you say as evidence an excuse to show the truth spread lies about the state of TWI."

I dunno. The "geezer fellowship" comments certainly weren't solicited by any of us here..

I'd imagine rosie and donna might affectionatly refer to each other as "geezers".. but some young whipper snapper..

I'd imagine there would be some consequences.

I'll have to look there again.. I think they are ignoring me..

I think this comment it rather enlightening:

I did attend a fellowship in my area almost a year ago. Let me back track, i met with the state coordinator first to tell him what I had been through, why i left and to hear what he had to say about how the ministry had changed. The meeting went well and I attended a fellowship to see for myself.

Hmm.. I wonder who recommended the "geezer" fellowship..

why does one have to meet with the state "coordinator" to begin with? This was only about a year ago..

why can't one simply "go and see" of their own accord, see if things really have changed?

I wonder if she had to write a letter to headquarters to even schedule the meeting..

why does one have to meet with the state "coordinator" to begin with? This was only about a year ago..

why can't one simply "go and see" of their own accord, see if things really have changed?

I wonder if she had to write a letter to headquarters to even schedule the meeting..

I left a little over a year ago, and my understanding at the time is that's how it worked. if someone wanted back in, they first have to talk to the SC. if a twit witnesses to a cop-out and convinces them to come back, they can go to the local fellowship but I'm pretty sure that it gets reported upstream so everyone can keep an eye on things.

Hmmm. Procedure, procedure..

it doesn't make a whole lot of sense..

who else in the world demands that you write a letter, take a number.. fill out an inordinate amount of paperwork or make a number of commitments..

just to stand in line, and wait.

To get punched in the mouth, again..

yeah, they've "changed".. they don't use brass knuckles anymore.

Now they use silver or gold plated brass knuckles..

these posts are hard for me to understand ... people go to see people in the organization, to see how to explain the unexplainable that happened in the organization ... ?

Isn't that all changed now that "we" have greasespot and the internet?

of course people getting out a year ago is hard for me to comrpehend also ... I think our profile should contain the date when we got out .. if ever ... that might set everything in a better perspective ...

I laugh about the evils of wheat berries, while others are selling their home due to actions of some twit ... that is surreal to me ... can that possibly still be happening? Instead of birth dates, there should be "got out" dates ... and maybe "degree of animosity" numbers.

Just a thought ...

I left a little over a year ago, and my understanding at the time is that's how it worked. if someone wanted back in, they first have to talk to the SC. if a twit witnesses to a cop-out and convinces them to come back, they can go to the local fellowship but I'm pretty sure that it gets reported upstream so everyone can keep an eye on things.

Twit... Cop-out...convinces....reported upstream ... an eye on things...

And sirens don't go off in the "prodigal's" head?

and maybe "degree of animosity" numbers

Really, that's not a bad idea. A lot of other boards have a little "how I'm feeling today"

could cover a wide range of emotions.

1. Vewy vewy peaceful, I'm having a Prozac (or equivalent) moment..

2. Just plain peaceful.

3. slightly annoyed

4. greatly disappointed

5. I'm ready to rip loy's *&(#$@'s off..

If I went back........Irst thing would be Hi we are glad to see you ..afterwards would start the grilling

Why did you leave what did you do?we "heard bout the internet thing..Gee the troll lurkers know as I am close to my real name and have in fact posted my real name.

I can not or would not subject myself to that.I could not get past praying for the bod..There would be a big snort from me..They suck.No religion is worth paying that price to hear the "Trurh". :offtopic::asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf:

Twit... Cop-out...convinces....reported upstream ... an eye on things...

And sirens don't go off in the "prodigal's" head?

naturally this oversight occurs behind the scenes, so they shouldn't hear sirens.

I can only speak for myself, but I read lots of things I don't respond to.

It doesn't mean that I don't welcome them or that I am disinterested.

Sometimes I'm not at a computer I can log on to.

(OK, make that lots of times.)

Other times I simply don't have anything to add in response.

I'm sure I do more reading than posting but that's just me.

It's not a reflection on the post or the poster.

Larry, you might call it "testing the waters"..

I only gave them an itty bitty tiny bit..

If they don't like the Squirrel's sense of humor.. like my friend says here, "petunias to them.."

I appreciate your sense of humor Mr. Squirrel. I think most members of GS do. But I question what your motives are when you admit --

I'm just suprised the posts are even still there..

It almost seems (imo) that you might be posting some things that you dare them to delete. I confess I haven't taken the time to read yours (or anyone else's) posts there so I'm only going by what I'm reading here and this is the impression I'm getting. I wonder how many here might think it's a bit trollish.

Like I said, "I'm a baaad squirrel."

I was pretty nice though.

You may notice I didn't flood them with a stream of insulting posts..

the girl who posted is ex-way..

why not give them the "opportunity" to dialog with some of the rest of the ex-way community?

Why not give somebody an opportunity to think? That is my real age under the icon there- 51. If I was involved in an organization where one of the "elders of the church" were fiercely dedicated for twenty some years, and their advice is to run like hell from the organization, I'd step back and think a little bit.

I dunno.. I've seen people try to persuade with logic.. maybe humor will get through where logic fails to..

Ham, I'm thinking that website is hardly visited. The one(s) the "young" crowd frequent is probably the one that is by subscription only.

There probably just hasn't really been any traffic to the site.

No, your posts were not mean at all and not the least bit offensive.

I dunno...

When someone from HQ lurks here at the Cafe... or the very fact that it is known that it happens... is it an insult to the Cafe community?

Just wondering here...

Edited by doojable

IF YOU NEED SOME HELP LET ME KNOW...

Makes me wonder, what's he gonna do? Pray? Buy her a shovel to "fix" her "geezer problem" ?

I WOULD HATE FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS AS GREAT A HEART AS YOURS BE TURNED AWAY BECAUSE OF A GEEZER FELLOWSHIP.

Just wonder.. how does he know how "great" her heart is? I did look at the profile.. I don't know if she's a college graduate, but she seems to have a successful technology based career.. they've driven the young, employed, successful, and intelligent people away.. now it seems they are begging for them to come back..

YOUR THE BEST... IF YOU HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS DROP ME A LINE ON MY PAGE I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ASAP. TAKE CARE AND KEEP LOOKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT GOD HAS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO CLAIM... GOD BLESS

Maybe his motives are sincere. but I suspect he has some stake in the thing, getting the young, "hip" crowd to buy into the organization..

He reminds me a lot of Ch*lar..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni