GreaseSpot Cafe

pfal has something just for You

cman

God first

Beloved cman

God loves you my dear friend

What was it that inspired, moved, made,

or why you made the decision to take pfal?

And what was your favorite part of pfal?

a girl I was hot for asked me to take it and that the reason I took it so nothing inspired me to take I was just moved by lust

my favorite part of pfal was people seeming to be blessed that I was taking it

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

What was it that inspired, moved, made,

or why you made the decision to take pfal?

And what was your favorite part of pfal?

Studying was first for me.

During the class the best part was break and then over with.

Decision?I was 22 alcoholic drug problems,was told I would get healed

Results?Yeah it worked.so would have rehab Glad to have learnt what I did

Favrite part?Born again all hell can not stop you.

Best part?Kissing the girls.

Boyfriend - I sat in ready to leave anytime -- but I wasn't allowed to ask questions until the end during the process.

I'm happy for what I learned and it did answer alot of questions I had growing up in a "religion."

It did free me from one addiction - which I am proud to say I have never returned to.

I was depressed and those people were happy. they said pfal would deliver me.

in the years following, twi and its narcissistic leadership pushed me into depressions worse than anything that had come before.

I got some study tools out of the class, stuff that could have been taught in one session instead of having to sit through 12.

I was witnessed to by a guy I'd known since 7th grade. At some point I decided to hang out with him whenever there was a fellowship. This led me to PFAL. Just before the class started somebody else in the twig told me if I looked past the BS I'd really dig it. The twig I was in was a lot more laid back than the corps who ran the class, but everybody still got along.

The best thing I got out of PFAL was just knowing that God loved me and I wouldn't have to earn it. Overcoming fear you have to earn, but not God's love. Everything in the class seemed to support that reality quite convincingly. All the intellectual stuff is just window dressing IMO.

I was witnessed to by a guy I'd known since 7th grade. At some point I decided to hang out with him whenever there was a fellowship. This led me to PFAL. Just before the class started somebody else in the twig told me if I looked past the BS I'd really dig it. The twig I was in was a lot more laid back than the corps who ran the class, but everybody still got along.

The best thing I got out of PFAL was just knowing that God loved me and I wouldn't have to earn it. Overcoming fear you have to earn, but not God's love. Everything in the class seemed to support that reality quite convincingly. All the intellectual stuff is just window dressing IMO.

Very insightful post, John

I remember lying on the front lawn on a warm summer afternoon, reading 1Corinthians 15 and some of Revelation from my family's Catholic Bible, and thinking, "Holy crap! If this stuff is true, I need to make some changes!" I was 17, and my mantra at that time was that I'd still be cool and toking when I was 30. (That was Ancient to me!)

Shortly thereafter, my older sister took me to lunch and we had a deep discussion about God and she invited me to Twig. The first Twig I showed up for was actually a session of the Intermediate class, (Oops!)

and Mel!nda, the TL who was apprentice 10th, welcomed me warmly. It was a very loving, casual setting, and the things I heard about the Bible being a reliable source of truth really grabbed my heart.

That was a very sweet and powerful Twig, and the most life-changing things happened because the people were serious about living the talk. I remember Mel!nda showing me "pharmekeia" in a Young's Concordance. When I got home, I flushed the gram of coke I'd gotten for my Birthday and never did drugs again. I also witnessed to my boyfriend who'd given me said BD present, and he took the class as well.

In hindsight, I really wasn't so much impressed by the class, but I was impressed by the people who seriously gave their all to live it, and by the fact that there was a reliable standard for truth.

~Cinder