GreaseSpot Cafe

Mythbusters

Jim

So after work, I drove out to the airport to do a little work on my airplane. I keep it at a rural airport that is small and quiet. As I'm driving up to my hanger, I see a guy walking up the road towards me. He wearing a leather jacket, a beret, and has a red beard. I've seen this guy somewhere. I stop the car and wait for him to walk by me. I'm sure it's the guy. I ask him, "aren't you the Mythbusters guy?", He replies, "yes, I am". He's Jamie Hyneman, cohost of Mythbusters. I get out and shake his hand and tell him I like his show. He seems tired and uninterested, so I don't pursue him. He says they are finishing up a shoot. I presume that it must have something to do with parachutes or skydiving since the airport has a world-class skydiving school.

Pretty strange huh?

Jim,

Mythbusters did an episode recently with a Kalitta Air a/c, a 747, to see if the wake of the jetblast would be enough to blow over a bus.  It was.  They filmed it on the ramp near YIP, at Kalitta's maintenance base.  

Hey, where do you hanger your airplane, and what do you fly?

2Q3 and a Flight Design CTSW.

I just got back from practicing for my practical exam. Ground reference maneuvers and a forward slip to landing. I had a great time. The plane flew beautifully and I"m finally starting to get my legs wired to my brain.

Wow, I've flown out of 2Q3 before, you are graced with some historic and present aviation royalty there.  

I also have a friend nearby at the University airport who rebuilds, from the ground up, old decrepit Cessna 140's.  I think he and a friend of his share a hanger at 2Q3 too, you might even know him.

The CTSW looks like a fun a/c, and probably great to learn in, it's in the new sport category isn't it?  

Congrats on your training, it's all about the stick and rudder.   :)

Jim, at least it wasn't Adam Savage(he's nuts I tell you!). Too bad Kari Byron is married, she's hot looking.

Wow, I've flown out of 2Q3 before, you are graced with some historic and present aviation royalty there.

I also have a friend nearby at the University airport who rebuilds, from the ground up, old decrepit Cessna 140's. I think he and a friend of his share a hanger at 2Q3 too, you might even know him.

The CTSW looks like a fun a/c, and probably great to learn in, it's in the new sport category isn't it?

Congrats on your training, it's all about the stick and rudder. smile.gif

My hangermate is rebuilding/restoring 3 planes now, a 150, a Luscombe, and a new project plane he just dragged in in pieces that I haven't had time to look at. His name is Darren. I also know another guy named Phillip who's doing some restore work. Either name ring a bell?

The CT is a Light Sport. It's very slippery and can be a handful to land on a hot and gusty day. I try to keep the tanks full when I'm flying by myself. Stick and rudder for sure. I've been having a blast with sideslips to a landing.

If you'd like to take this to email, you can send me a message at owlmeat@hotmail.com and I'll reply with my real address. I'd like to talk some more.

Jim Jim Jim, my little been had man...

You better check your listings and be ready for the mythbusting episode that once and for all dispels the notion that once a wayfer always a wayfer...a waffling wayfer...or, in your case, a waffen wafer. Nein! No doubt the red beard guy and his bald counterpart were poised, staking you out for a good witnessing to...

Busted!

:)

You better check your listings and be ready for the mythbusting episode that once and for all dispels the notion that once a wayfer always a wayfer...a waffling wayfer...or, in your case, a waffen wafer. Nein! No doubt the red beard guy and his bald counterpart were poised, staking you out for a good witnessing to...

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh......

I don't want to sit (SIT?) through another class. Let me see if I can find an old nametag to wear.