GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ultimate Insult

Ham

i may dream, i just do not remember them.

never had a "dream" i had just one when i was a little kid i do remember that about a movie i had watched that night. but other than that i do not wake up and recall anything other than sleep.

I mean not a bad thing in the sense of what twi said spiritualy if you have dreams... your possessed I do not believe that.

yes i think people can have nightmares my kids did when they were sick and woke up speaking of a dream she just had.

i wonder what it is like because people often speak of their dreams.

i do not think it is a common or uncommon thing to dream some do some do not. i do not.

i do wonder what it is like.

Edited by pond

I understand the science very well, but when I wake up with no storys of what happened to me in the night to tell! that to me means no dreams.

i know it may be odd to folks who are used to it. I think if i ever did dream i would freak out nowI do not know what it is like. get it?

Hi, Irish

Yes, I meant the cereal, familia, a staple of the FLO diet that was laced with flax seeds :wink2:

I really should have bolded the word functioning when I made that statement.

The way I heard it taught(and this was by VP) was that people in the OT only had dreams because they had no spirit inside with which God could communicate. Thus, if you had dreams in this day and age, it either meant you were not born again or(if you were born-again) that spirit critters were trying to enter your trapdoor, or you were seriously out of fellowship.

He said that God only talks to believers, via dreams, today, if they are so far out of fellowship that they can't receive revelation. Just makes you want to jump right up in morning fellowship and exclaim,"Hey!, guess what I dreamt!?", now doesn't it?

Pond

I'm kinda like you. I hardly ever remember having dreams, though it's not a matter of having them.(we all do)

It's a matter of remembering.

Yeah, that and the fact that I'm a really, really sound sleeper.

The rem sleep happens whether you rememember or not.Rapid eye movement is needed

to stay sane.

Quite true. Maybe that's why some "leadership" was kinda nutso.. I've read that a lot of the corps experience for some people involved rather broken sleep schedules.

Sleep deprivation proved to be a better interrogation technique than torture.. just keep waking people up every forty five minutes or so.. no rem sleep.. eventually they break..

I understand the science very well, but when I wake up with no storys of what happened to me in the night to tell! that to me means no dreams.

i know it may be odd to folks who are used to it. I think if i ever did dream i would freak out nowI do not know what it is like. get it?

Actually I do get it,My comment was not a put down.You may have a of mind that works that way.

Whether it is conscious or not does not matter as long as you are rested.

Ham,we definetly were sleep deprived.

Sleep deprived - yeah. Too exhausted to dream.

The way I heard it taught(and this was by VP) was that people in the OT only had dreams because they had no spirit inside with which God could communicate. Thus, if you had dreams in this day and age, it either meant you were not born again or (if you were born-again) that spirit critters were trying to enter your trapdoor, or you were seriously out of fellowship.

He said that God only talks to believers, via dreams, today, if they are so far out of fellowship that they can't receive revelation.

This always seemed suspect and I truly don't believe it now. There are dreams, and there are visions, and God can work within both to communicate.

Also I don't believe that God can't communicate directly with unbelievers, what a load of nonsense. He most certainly can, just that perhaps he has another way that he can with believers. There are several records in the OT about unbelievers having dreams/visions. (Uh, Pharaoh's dreams as interpreted by Joseph, most famously?)

Why do we pray for certain objectives or outcomes if we don't think God can work in a situation? Can he not work with the unbelievers involved in work/school/health situations? Why pray for governments (secular) (and the Bible explicitly tells us to do that) where possibly there are few believers, if we don't expect God to be able to do something?

Has God changed that he cannot communicate with unbelievers in our time?

Has God changed that he cannot if he wishes communicate with believers in our time by dreams or whatever method He chooses?

Hi, Irish

Yes, I meant the cereal, familia, a staple of the FLO diet that was laced with flax seeds :wink2:

I really should have bolded the word functioning when I made that statement.

The way I heard it taught(and this was by VP) was that people in the OT only had dreams because they had no spirit inside with which God could communicate. Thus, if you had dreams in this day and age, it either meant you were not born again or(if you were born-again) that spirit critters were trying to enter your trapdoor, or you were seriously out of fellowship.

He said that God only talks to believers, via dreams, today, if they are so far out of fellowship that they can't receive revelation. Just makes you want to jump right up in morning fellowship and exclaim,"Hey!, guess what I dreamt!?", now doesn't it?

Boy, WS, FLO was DREARY sounding, but at least it let you FLOW. I actually did get the functioning bit first time around. Cute.

What a bunch of hooey that teaching was! And, Pond, you are probably 100% correct about having dreams, just not remembering them. That makes so much more sense. I've asked a few people since yesterday if they ever heard of someone NOT dreaming, and got looked at like I had two heads. So, I wasn't totally out there with that reaction. And, as Twinky-Dink has stated, God can do whatever He wants. Talk to us in dreams, or not. Talk to unbelievers....talk through donkeys....talk through bushes....talk through His Word. He LIKES to talk.

Edited by irisheyes