GreaseSpot Cafe

OH MY GOD!!!!

Cindy!

Steve and I were lying in bed this morning talking…..he said to me, “Whatcha wanna do today?” I replied, “I dunno…..stay in bed all day and be lazy????..... No wait…we have a couple errands to run, lets do that!”

And so we were off….we had breakfast with the kids that were awake and left the other kids with breakfast, so that they could eat when they were ready. We were taking Steve’s car in to be serviced, so he left in his car and I left in mine. (my beloved 2002 Saturn that I had waited YEARS to get) We were talking together on our cell phones as we drove to the dealership. (we do that a lot)

We’d just had a bit of snow, so the roads were lined with snow laden trees, yards, and houses…but traffic was moving pretty well. We got to his dealership and they could not see his car today, too many customers already, so we came up with an alternate plan….I take his car in on Monday, get a rental for the day, and we pick up his car when it’s ready.

Meanwhile, Steve and I had been talking about upgrading my Saturn to a car that would fit our four teenagers. We knew we had just come out of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, so we were expecting to wait about six months until we could qualify for a car loan. But we’d just gotten a mailing from our local Saturn dealer, so decided to stop by and see what they had and what kind of time frame we could count on for buying a bigger car.

Steve has a great job……I’ve been in my line of work for a few years, but took a Family Medical Leave to stay home with a couple of my kids who have been facing some issues. My medical leave extended past the allotted time, so I resigned from my position and passed on a great new job in order to be home with the kids who so need that extra time and attention….and I was very happy to do it. Only this past week, all of our children are doing quite well…..I had two job interviews for two very good schools and got two job offers on Thursday. I have an interview on Monday, too and will probably get a job offer from them.

We were only at the Saturn dealer to look…..that’s all……just get an idea of what time frame we could expect. After all…..I hadn’t been working since the middle of November, have two job offers, but nothing on paper yet, and we were expecting to be told to wait about 6 months for the bankruptcy to be discharged, us to re-establish our credit, and for me to have proof of employment. We told this to the sales person we spoke to at Saturn.

But the day was determined to take a different route than we had planned…

We got approved for a new car….and drove away from that dealership with a BRAND NEW 2008 Saturn Outlook with Onstar, a hands-free phone in the car, and a bumper to bumper coverage that even includes car washes, interior cleaning (including replacing the upholstery if it gets stained), all maintenance and repairs, undercoating, and lots of other bells and whistles.

We went in hoping for a time frame…..we came out with a brand new GORGEOUS car!!!!!!!!

Is that cool or what?????

(I’ve NEVER had a brand new car before!!!! I was crying when I got into it the first time!)

So now we have a 2008 Silver Saturn Outlook.......

....in other words.......

We have a brand new car!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Cindy!

Congrats! Enjoy that new car smell!

Good reviews..."the new Outlook SUV, what was once a fading brand is on the move and taking names. And while the Sky may be sexy, the new Outlook crossover, with its combination of room, ride and style, is about to shake things up over in import land, to be sure".

U.S. News says...Overall Score - 8.3 (Very Good)

AOL Autos:

NHTSA Frontal Crash Test NHTSA rates crash-tested vehicles by assigning them one to five stars, with five stars indicating the most injury protection and one star indicating the least protection.

• Driver Front:cars-5_star.gif
  • Passenger Front:cars-5_star.gif

Ya done great! :)

Edited by socks

Socks....thanks! That is wayyyy sweet!!!!!

(yeah, it has at the least SIX air bags....front, side, and back!!!)

And the headlights turn on and off automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Cindy!

I have rarely seen Cindy! so psyched as today.

This is the first brand new car that she has ever bought, and I am so glad that I can be a part of it.

She really deserves it after all that she had been through in prior years, and all the hard work she has done over the years to overcome it, and all the effort she put into protecting her children, and into helping them get over the bad stuff.

It really is a well-deserved reward for her!

That's so cool... I was just looking at a bunch of Saturns this week... they had a display of them at the local mall. I really liked what I saw, my plan is that in two years I'll be ready to move on from the car I have to my very own first NEW car.

Thanks for sharing your story, and your excitement!!

Highway....as my kids say, SATURN RULES!!!!! Can't wait to see your post about YOUR brand new car in two years!!!

Linda....I remember your new car.....YAYYYY!!!!!

My car is now on our wireless plan....so I have unlimited minutes and voicemail on my new car!!!!

PLUS

Oh you'll not believe this....

MY CAR EMAILED ME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

It will email me once a month with a diagnostic report on itself and any reminders I need to follow up on.

It's been an amazing 24 hours!!!!!

But....

...As my wonderful husband says whenever we've had a run of good luck ....

...."Some times things just work out!"

Your car emailed you ... LOL!

First ding - first scratch anyway - we picked up a brand new car (won it!!), took it out for a ride, parked up and went for a stroll for 1/2 hour, came back... and somebody had put a scratch on one of the doors. Huh.

Still goes really well after quite a few years now though.

ENJOY THE NEW TOY :eusa_clap: . Sounds like it wants to enjoy you too. Does it send emails saying, "Wish you were here"?

The cool thing is that everything on Hap's list is covered in full.... AND....they will come to my house and fix it all.....so no worries there!!!!

Turns out that Onstar does not yet have voicemail technology....so bummer on that front.....but I still have unlimited minutes on my hands free car phone, so that doesn't hardly suck!!!!

Will try to get a pic loaded.

And to top it off....I got three job offers this week and accepted the one that pays over 50k.....not top pay for my line of work....but not bad either.

Getting some environmental protection added this week, too....so that will also cut down on wear and tear.

And going from a little sedan to a HUGE SUV....means I can actually SEE what is up ahead in traffic.....so nice!!!!

I also burned some cd's made especially for my car.

This is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!