GreaseSpot Cafe

After 25 years

cheranne

It took about this long for me to recover, and i always wondered how other people in twi

did?

I also feel like we went through a war and got out and the war was still goiing on..and

I feel their are a lot of people missing in action and need to find help and to hear it from us

Why are you here...........to say i survived

Damn straight it was a war. Twi like most religions if not all are fighting for control of your mind and finances.

Why it took so long is still a mystery to me. But I'm just glad and thankful I got out alive and kicking. Now I'm ready to help anyone get out and havin' a great life once again. Wahooo.

I've been out of twi for over 20 years and to be honest...I was over it the day I walked out.

I knew I was right and they were wrong...it was that simple for me.

I come here to provide a source of information regarding twi that I believe is honest and helpful to people. Twi is a cult that abuses people and robs them of their lives and finances and has a track record of destroying marriages and families. Truth?...the truth is...avoid twi like you would the ebola virus.

I've been out of twi for over 20 years and to be honest...I was over it the day I walked out.

I knew I was right and they were wrong...it was that simple for me.

I come here to provide a source of information regarding twi that I believe is honest and helpful to people. Twi is a cult that abuses people and robs them of their lives and finances and has a track record of destroying marriages and families. Truth?...the truth is...avoid twi like you would the ebola virus.

I often refer to it as the hot zone too!

I was in TWI from 1983 to 2002. I came to GSC before I left TWI. This place was a haven for me to vent my frustrations and things that just didn't make sense from a godly perspective. I found out that my experiences were not isolated incidences. I also found out that TWI really is a cult.

Leaving TWI was like a divorce for me. I felt betrayed and suckered. I was ....ed off and wanted to chop some heads. I'm over that now. I just hope to provide a light of hope for anyone else who wants to leave. It is a despicable organization.

I post a lot less than when I first came here, but I thank God for the understanding listeners here at the cafe who lended a shoulder.

I think.. after twenty five years.. one just may be looking for the same kind of connection with others one experienced, or thought they experienced at the beginning.

I don't think it really had anything to do with "the word" as such.

Nor do I think it was entirely an illusion.

Maybe it was just taken advantage of..

I think.. after twenty five years.. one just may be looking for the same kind of connection with others one experienced, or thought they experienced at the beginning.

I don't think it really had anything to do with "the word" as such.

Nor do I think it was entirely an illusion.

Maybe it was just taken advantage of..

You may be right about that ham,i was looking for the word "rightly divided" after i took a small

vacation from leaving the way and had kids and wanted them not to be confused about the bible

a

nd went church hopping ,and bar hopping, too but it stuck in my head twi stuff ,i went at first to

christian therapist first and it made me want to kill myself....so i quit that and i was okay for a few

years...then not okay and ended up having to get some serious help.after a month at sheppard

pratt a hospital on the east coast to protect myself from doing harm to myself,i got a good therapist.

we started all over again...but i still wonder about the PEOPLE of twi past present and future.

• 2 weeks later...

After leaving twi, I felt naked and very lonely. I was not ready to leave, I was booted out of the Corps, then later M & A. So,

that's when the lonelyness came in.

I stumbled onto Waydale and that's when the healing began :D and like someone else said in an earlier post, I didn't realize

how screwed up doctrinally the twi was, but I new the morals of the leadership were very questionable. And questioning their

morals is how I got the boot :dance:

I enjoy coming here and talking to you all because you can relate to me on why I think the way I do

when it comes to faith issues etc... No one else out there that hasn't experienced what we have can really understand our

thinking and I really like to see how each of us has changed in some wonderful way because of that and are finally becoming

normal again....actually, I haven't figured out what normal is yet :blink:

I would like to give a special THANKS to Paw for this sight :eusa_clap:

It took about this long for me to recover, and i always wondered how other people in twi

did?

I also feel like we went through a war and got out and the war was still goiing on..and

I feel their are a lot of people missing in action and need to find help and to hear it from us

Why are you here...........to say i survived

After all these years, I'm just STARTING to look for survivors so you're ahead of me! When I walked away, around 1983, I severed all ties. Now, when I look back, it's like trying to remember a movie about someone else and barely remembering the characters involved.