GreaseSpot Cafe

Lighter lights ... darker darks ...

rhino

OK ... I can't quite come up with the right lines from PFAL ... but I'm sure there is some good comedy here ...

How does this fit in with the foundational principles?

British team makes mixed human animal embryos

A team at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne announced tonight that it had successfully generated "admixed embryos" by adding human DNA to empty cow eggs, in the first experiment of its kind in the UK.

Gives new meaning to the seven cow woman ...

So now nice teats means ... hey baby, how many gallons a day do you produce?

I hated to divorce her, but I got $145 per hundredweight, and I have this nice baseball glove to remember her by ...

OK ... maybe this is just plain silly ...

Edited by rhino

what ? cows lay eggs ?

:wave:

Kinda reminds me of the guy who thought he would have a bit of fun with the stock boy at the local grocery.

"Young man, can you tell me where I might find the rooster eggs?"

"Yes, sir", he replied, "They're one aisle over from the bull's milk."

This has nothing to do with evolution (obviously) but if you want the anticipated benefits of all the stem cell research, these are some of the experimeentations you have to go thrrough in order to get there!

It's all in the name of research................

This has nothing to do with evolution (obviously) but if you want the anticipated benefits of all the stem cell research, these are some of the experimeentations you have to go thrrough in order to get there!

It's all in the name of research................

True krysilis ... and it probably has merit ... the largest have grown to 14 cells I think ... but at that I suppose some folks already have ethical problems ... but we've already had other animal body parts transplanted ...

As long as it doesn't evolve into growing some tortured mancow that we harvest organs from ... it may be of benefit. The idea of growing organs is interesting ... with three or four new organs, maybe you and I can discuss this in 70 years ... at breakfast with rooster eggs and bull milk :eusa_clap:

It is already illegal to culture human-animal embryos for more than 14 days or to implant them in the womb of a woman or animal and these prohibitions will remain in the new legislation.

Edited by rhino

• 2 weeks later...

This has been extremely controversial in the UK. Especially in Christian circles, with many people claiming to speak for various Christian groups denouncing it. Apparently the DNA from the host egg donor is removed before being filled with human material, so in effect the scientists are using the "egg shell" only. Or some such (I'm no expert!).

This is heralded as a new frontier and if it doesn't happen in the UK the technology will go overseas and we will be left behind again. Is is threatened that the technology will be removed to Asia where there are fewer ethical controls so it is better to grant permission and let it stay in the UK "where it will be subject to strict controls." (Yeah, like how far they can push the envelope.)

I think it's all too gruesome - but don't certain animal parts already get transplanted into humans for spare parts? Bits of pig blood vessels? Or is that also still experimental?

A pigs heart has been transplanted into a man he lived for awhile.

then died of complications.

but it written pigs and other body parts of some animals can and are used to help man.

i am not gonna die but I do not know , If i was why not?

A pigs heart has been transplanted into a man he lived for awhile.

then died of complications.

but it written pigs and other body parts of some animals can and are used to help man.

i am not gonna die but I do not know , If i was why not?

Died of complications? Maybe because it doesn't mix, huh, or Perhaps it was the Lord re-establishing his separation between the genuses of man and animal.

I mean why give your critics the perfect opportunity to truly say, "Wow, I always said she was a sweathog!" :biglaugh:

What about Nephilim?  

If genetic remodling between genos happened back then, why wouldn't it be available now?

Nephilim is an interesting subject, there are many threads here regarding it, lots on the net too.  Whether it should be part of the cannon of scripture, make up your own mind, but if it is true, it confirms the previous existence of genetic reordering across genos.  In direct contradiction of what old vp asserted, by the way!

Here's a link to one of the older threads about it:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...amp;hl=nephilim