GreaseSpot Cafe

I've come back after a lengthy leave.

Ghost

My mother is on this website, however I am not going to disclose the information about who she is, or who I am until I feel like it. She had more of an interest in this website than I ever had, and I had made an account many years ago but I never attended to it, so its gone.

I don't know why but I've ended up back here again. Curiosity perhaps? We shall see.

After being in the way ministry for an extended amount of time that I was, I was turned off by religion in general after I left, because I was disgusted, not in God, but in people. This is why I never attend church anymore, I can't stand the congregation.

However, I won't ever stop believing in God. I choose the lonesome path of believing and studying the bible on my own. I love the way my father teaches though, I can listen to his tapes for hours even though I rarely attend meetings. I am a layed back non denominational Christian.

If you are overly religious then I can't guarantee that we will get along. I get annoyed easily with people like that, and I think they should settle down. I don't want to be preached to, nor do I want to associate with people who are arrogant.

I hang with the layed back kind of people, who aren't high strung. People who are down to earth.

Anyways, enough about me... hi.. I haven't involved myself with a religious group of people for a long time so.. perhaps I'll be interested in this place..

Edit: AH! Its been a while, and I didn't even notice the new members subforum aside from this forum. Silly me, I meant to post this there. Oh well... :redface:

Edited by Ghost

Welcome dude!

I like your attitude! I like to think of myself as layed back too, and...I also am turned off by organized religion and pushy people.

I hope to see your input lots on this Forum, Ill keep an eye out for your posts...

And if its cool Id like to add you as friend.

M

I don't know why but I've ended up back here again. Curiosity perhaps? We shall see.

If you are overly religious then I can't guarantee that we will get along. I get annoyed easily with people like that, and I think they should settle down. I don't want to be preached to, nor do I want to associate with people who are arrogant.

I hang with the layed back kind of people, who aren't high strung. People who are down to earth.

Welcome, Ghost, to diversity!

I have to grin a little at your list of what/whom you will tolerate and/or not. This is a community of every personality, dynamic and attitude one might come up with. Down to earth, yup. Arrogant, sure. Preachers, uhhuh. Religious, yes again. Fun, completely. Interesting, no kidding. Insightful, no doubt.

Most days the diversity is really the true beauty of greasespot.

Enjoy your stay, it's a good place.

mmmm diversity... the melting pot.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Well Steveo. I'm sure we can be friends.

hi ghost,

you never need to divulge any information about yourself or your mother... (imo, it's none of anyone's business)

i, myself, prefer to remain incognito at all times on the world wide web... :~)

you may have given out a little more information than you intended to when you stated that your father has put his teachings on tapes (evidently, not just a few)... not that it makes any difference to me... nor probably to the majority of folks here... like shell said, there is a great diversity of people on this site... and most of us like it that way... :~)

peace,

jen-o

• 2 weeks later...
My mother is on this website, however I am not going to disclose the information about who she is, or who I am until I feel like it. She had more of an interest in this website than I ever had, and I had made an account many years ago but I never attended to it, so its gone.

After being in the way ministry for an extended amount of time that I was, I was turned off by religion in general after I left, because I was disgusted, not in God, but in people. This is why I never attend church anymore, I can't stand the congregation.

However, I won't ever stop believing in God. I choose the lonesome path of believing and studying the bible on my own. I love the way my father teaches though, I can listen to his tapes for hours even though I rarely attend meetings. I am a layed back non denominational Christian.

Anyways, enough about me... hi.. I haven't involved myself with a religious group of people for a long time so.. perhaps I'll be interested in this place..

Edit: AH! Its been a while, and I didn't even notice the new members subforum aside from this forum. Silly me, I meant to post this there. Oh well... :redface:

i understend the people thing. i experienced that at twi , my dad was a violent drunk and i didint talk to him from about 1986-1992 when he finally stopped drinking, but the worst part of dealing with people is the job i do . i work construction,and 8 hours a day 5 days a week can really wear on you if you got people that are down right jerks. there are some really cool people in the construction trade but there are also a lot of jerks. i could quit and do something else but how would i know what kind of people would be there, maybe drive a big rig truck, however i'll stay cause i like what i'm doing. i look at what Jesus Christ had to put up with,even his family at one point so i know i can handle it.i am not religious and i do my best to friendly to all,i hope you make some friends here and i wish you well. one day we will be in a place where everyone will get along. GOD bless,jeff

God first

Beloved Ghost

God loves you my dear friend

I like to think of myself as a simple layed back person

While I do love God I am not religious but I do love do share about my beliefs but if you search my words you will fast find out I am one of a kind and I am not a member of any religious group

One can say I have friends on the web and that the group I stand with

for a long time I was on "a lonesome path of believing and studying the bible on my own" too but today I just talk with Christ, God, past dead men of God who are no longer dead ( because I no longer believe the dead are dead in a nut shell), friends on boards I visit, my inner self, and the list might be longer if I gave it hard thinking

my grammer not always the best but I keep trying to share points for debate to give me more questions to ask God

I do not have all the answers but I have alot of questions

I am not here to tell anyone what to believe but to help by giving something to think about if they want

I will end here and say welcome and take everything wrote with a grain of sand

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Hi Ghost... welcome back.

I love your perspective.

While I am usually a very easy-going person in real life, it seems like the older I get the more I find myself muttering "I hate people" in the privacy of my own thoughts, lol.

I hope you read lots and post often. We need all the diversity we can get!!

THW

Welcome to the gsc, Ghost, where there's lots of people with lots of ideas, jokes, and well...just plain common sense.

Enjoy!

Edited by penworks