GreaseSpot Cafe

Who are these people?

Seth R.

I ran across this site while googling my way through "cult" related sites a while back.

I have no idea as to the intentions of this site's founder, if he's sincere or not that is.

But what I did sadly conclude was that if after everything that's went on in TWI there are people that think that it's somehow virtuous to think of Dr. Wierwille emotionally only, with a kind of hero worship. That those folks could be easy marks for any huckster savy enough to play on their emotional stand.

I ran across this site while googling my way through "cult" related sites a while back.

I have no idea as to the intentions of this site's founder, if he's sincere or not that is.

But what I did sadly conclude was that if after everything that's went on in TWI there are people that think that it's somehow virtuous to think of Dr. Wierwille emotionally only, with a kind of hero worship. That those folks could be easy marks for any huckster savvy enough to play on their emotional stand.

AGAIN, you mean?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

John 1:35-46

Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye?

They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?

He saith unto them, Come and see.

They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.

He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him,

We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said,

Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

¶The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.

Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law,

and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?

Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

I remember Mike talking about someone named "Fuzz" or "Fritz" or something like that. Do we have a lasr name for this person?

OK, so I did a word search on "Fuzz." Is the answer to my question "Pa****ne?"

Loooks liek I spelt "last" rong

Edited by pawtucket

They look like nice people.

They only list 4 heroes - Bullinger, Kenyon, Harrington and Weirwille. Kind of a "Fantastic Four" of the marketable religious, I guess. Not a large group though and an odd mix.

I was listening to a Christian radio station the other week, and these two hosts were extolling the incredibility of this guy who's sermon they were about to play. I guess the guy was well known somewhere, I'd never heard of him but that doesn't mean much. But they went on about this guy and this particular sermom like it was George Lucas doing a dissertaton on Star Wars, only better. Not just the sermon, which they called one of his "sweet sticks", his really really great sermons. But also the guy himself, who they said was one of the Greats.

So there I was, ready to go for some good stuff. Not more than a couple minutes into it, literally, I had to back out and change the channel. The guy stunk, both as a speaker and the content - marginal. He was all sizzle, with no visible steak. Just a lotta blow, blow with an odd fragrance.

You never know. But only 4 super heroic heroes? That's lean.

Hey hey - easy on that. I live in San Diego and am definitely NOT one of your religious sickos - although when it comes to OTL I might be classified as such

Sickos thats who