GreaseSpot Cafe

Brag Time

PurpleDays

Sudo and I just left an award's assembly at our son's high school. Nathan received honors for the highest average in 11th grade Chemistry and 11th grade English. We are proud as punch, as is Nathan.

All those long (and for me, torturous) nights studying the periodic tables, memorizing the formulas for the composition of elements, learning the number of charges and whether they were positive or negative, etc. paid off in spades! And though I have never had a chemistry class, I know a wee bit about the subject myself now.

Giving an oral report has always been pretty easy for Nathan. But he has struggled with written reports for years. This year it finally clicked for him, and his reports have been amazing. Where I used to be involved from the intial brainstorming all the way through to finding a paper clip to fasten the final report together, I now just hear what the topic is, get to learn the interesting facts he discovers in researching it, and proofing the final report. I rarely have any suggestions or corrections as they are so well thought out and written.

Another great advantage of being a parent, you learn so much from them, and get to share in the joys of their achievements.

Thanks for letting me brag!

PurpleDays (celebrating today, for sure!)

#1 in English and Chemistry, eh? With that you can rule the world!!! I'm impressed and glad to hear about this! Who knew that behind that dancer extraordinaire lurked such a scholar??? Can't wait to see what Nathan does next! You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown!

Edited by bowtwi