GreaseSpot Cafe

What's up with these law suits?

Caveman

What's Ironic is that this Baptist church in Kentucky is worse than twi ever was, and in hardly Baptist. They are more similar to twi in their hatred of homosexuals. It seem that their hatred extends to military as well.

I remember times when I thought twi should launch legal action such as the time when the National Enquirer reported that we did weapons training at six different boot camps, but vpw said that it wasn't worth his time, that it would be a distraction from WOW.

snip

I remember times when I thought twi should launch legal action such as the time when the National Enquirer reported that we did weapons training at six different boot camps, but vpw said that it wasn't worth his time, that it would be a distraction from WOW.

Any distraction from WOW would have been like killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Do you mean to tell me that it was all about the money?

There were a whole lot of genuinely sincere, dedicated people working at the grass roots level.

Perhaps you were one of them, Caveman.

But, at the highest level(VPW) it appears that it was all about selling classes, generating sponsorship, and creating a solid base of faithful ABS'ers to fund his lavish lifestyle.(And a very lavish lifestyle it was, indeed.)

Yes, we got some "return" for our investments but, for the most part, we were hoodwinked by a common flimflam man.

IMO(Yours, of course, may possibly differ. I'm Okay with that.)

Edited by waysider

But, at the highest level(VPW) it appears that it was all about selling classes, generating sponsorship, and creating a solid base of faithful ABS'ers to fund his lavish lifestyle.(And a very lavish lifestyle it was, indeed.)

and he left his children and grandchildren basically without inheritance in the process.

Unless you consider the "legacy" of stolen tapes, rather arcane doctrine and such as an "inheritance".

Maybe you ought to ask yourself why you believe that there was sincerity at some level.

Did you know or interact with these folks on a first hand basis to make this assumption?

Many of those whom you have labeled with group think here did. Maybe you need to hear what the first hand witnesses can tell you :(

Probably there was sincerity at some level

but it was below several other levels ...

ego money sex greed power

then some level of sincerity ...

After vp ... Ralph confronted those guys in the yak twig ... none of them wanted to give up the adultery doctrine ... what was their level of sincerity?

It's absolutely amazing to me that these guys used "Christianity" as a marketing tool to get rich and get laid...

...and Ham brings up a very good point...Vic left his children with NOTHING...all the money he scammed, the massive fortune that he accumulated, millions of dollars...and his kids got none of it...in fact, they got booted from the family farm!

In order to avoid taxes, Vic left his children in the lurch....just as well...who wants to inherit blood money?

What a selfish, self serving, egotistical lowlife he was...yuck.

I always wondered why Don had such a dismissive attitude/dislike for his dad so much.  

It sure beats the heck out of me why he would ever give up his job as Dean of the Wisonsin institution (was it a college?), and go to work for his father's ministry.

Maybe you ought to ask yourself why you believe that there was sincerity at some level.

Did you know or interact with these folks on a first hand basis to make this assumption?

Many of those whom you have labeled with group think here did. Maybe you need to hear what the first hand witnesses can tell you :(

No, I didn't have a lot of first hand contact. I met vpw on several occasions, but not enough to know who he really is. I had heard about the riot act, but I'd never seen it. I got rather irritated with my WOW coordinator when I was a WOW. I got chewed out for everything I did wrong, and had no support. (It was kind of like having a mother.) I understand that this is pretty much how it was everywhere, but did not feel that this is how it was meant to be.

That's not what I'm looking at, though. If it were all about the money, why buck the system? Why not go with the most popular theology?

Probably there was sincerity at some level

but it was below several other levels ...

ego money sex greed power

then some level of sincerity ...

That's kind of what I'm saying.

snip

That's not what I'm looking at, though. If it were all about the money, why buck the system? Why not go with the most popular theology?

snip

Quite frankly, in the late '60s and early '70s, "bucking the system" WAS the most popular theology.