GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps in the News

Belle

Gary Martin and his wife, Angela (Capillary) Martin are WC and have made the news.

<snip>

In economies good and bad, living a debt-free life is a matter of religion for Gary and Angela Martin of Lincoln Park. The thirtysomething couple, who live in an apartment, are ministers of The Way International, an Ohio-based worldwide nondenominational ministry that focuses on knowing the Bible inside out and living its messages.

Romans 13:8 plainly lays out the part about debts, Gary said: "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another."

The Way teaches three basic principles from the Bible regarding financial prosperity and debt-free living: Tithe 10 percent of your income, live within your means, and work heartily as unto the Lord. The couple goes by these basics and often tithes more than 10 percent, lives below their means and works very hard.

In addition to running home Bible fellowships two times a week, she uses her secular degree in medical ethics to run her business, HeadStrong Life Coaching, and he uses his two secular degrees in accounting and information systems to work full-time in the IT field. They own their cars, rent their home, have a six-month money reserve in the bank, contribute to 401ks, shop off-season, discuss major purchases and find the best for less. Consequently, they enjoy the peace that comes from living outside the loop of desire and acquisition and the financial distress it creates.

<end snip>

There's more and a picture of Gary and Angela.

OOHHH Belle, I bet that made your day??????!!!!

Well, they are probably sending this all over America to every Fellowship to brag about how wonderful they are!

OH well. OF course the principles in the bible are eternal and effective for all. Good to see they read Suze Orman! HAHAHA!

Overall, it wasn't a bad article. What cracked me up is the comment that ''they are sympathetic'' to those in debt......

I might disagree with that one....

Gary Martin and his wife, Angela (Capillary) Martin are WC and have made the news.

<snip>

In economies good and bad, living a debt-free life is a matter of religion for Gary and Angela Martin of Lincoln Park. The thirtysomething couple, who live in an apartment, are ministers of The Way International, an Ohio-based worldwide nondenominational ministry that focuses on knowing the Bible inside out and living its messages.

Romans 13:8 plainly lays out the part about debts, Gary said: "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another."

The Way teaches three basic principles from the Bible regarding financial prosperity and debt-free living: Tithe 10 percent of your income, live within your means, and work heartily as unto the Lord. The couple goes by these basics and often tithes more than 10 percent, lives below their means and works very hard.

In addition to running home Bible fellowships two times a week, she uses her secular degree in medical ethics to run her business, HeadStrong Life Coaching, and he uses his two secular degrees in accounting and information systems to work full-time in the IT field. They own their cars, rent their home, have a six-month money reserve in the bank, contribute to 401ks, shop off-season, discuss major purchases and find the best for less. Consequently, they enjoy the peace that comes from living outside the loop of desire and acquisition and the financial distress it creates.

<end snip>

There's more and a picture of Gary and Angela.

Thanks for the post. I sort of read the big part, the page with all the words on it, will re-read it. I wonder if they are talking about Lincoln Park, in Chicago...or Lincoln Park in Ohio, am going back for more details..and I guess I will need to write to the email at the bottom, not to trash the individuals, just to refer them to GSC for more pertinent info.

Gary's email is on there and I wrote him a letter, a respectful letter, and asked him for LCM's telephone number. And I did, do the right thing, gave him my address and phone number, after all, I do sincerely want to ask LCM if he sexually assaulted women at TWI HQ.

The part that gave me a chuckle was the button over the top of the photo, that says "buy this photo"...ok, ah..

Edit----

There is a space between Garry Martin's email address and the @yahoo.com, you need to correct this, in sending a letter, or it comes back as a delivery failure.........

Edited by mchud11

Gary's email is on there and I wrote him a letter, a respectful letter, and asked him for LCM's telephone number. And I did, do the right thing, gave him my address and phone number, after all, I do sincerely want to ask LCM if he sexually assaulted women at TWI HQ.

The part that gave me a chuckle was the button over the top of the photo, that says "buy this photo"...ok, ah..

The only email address I saw on the page with the article is for the reporter who wrote the story.

And newspaper websites typically want people to consider buying photos.

The only email address I saw on the page with the article is for the reporter who wrote the story.

And newspaper websites typically want people to consider buying photos.

There are some emails on the right, below the photo.....

:biglaugh: Bliss, imagine my surprise when I saw who was in the article. I was about to e-mail you, not sure how often you check in here.

I wonder if Angela helped the reporter or if the reporter is with TWI since it seems odd to me to refer to a degree as a "secular degree". :unsure: I could be wrong, but that sounds like Way-speak to me.

mchud, I think it's in NJ.

I am wondering how much TWI recruitment goes on with her customers or how many of the people in their area feel pressure to give Angela business.

Well, good for them.

And being able to use their "secular degrees" as well. Congratulations. How the times are a-changing.

But they have degrees, and decent jobs. How many others were dissuaded from continuing in secular education, discontinuing degrees, professional careers, etc, but were driven into McDonalds/ waitressing/ cleaning/ other low paid jobs, and thereby unable to build up a 6 month nest-egg?

(What is this couple doing contributing to 401Ks and not giving all that surplus money to TWI?)

Maybe they have had this article written about them (well, they wrote it themselves, basically) - it's still only half the total article so if TWI forwards it to all fellowships, it'd be honest if they forwarded the whole article.

Gary Martin's email address has a space between the email and the @yahoo.com, you will need to correct that or you will get a delivery failure notice. I suggest, everyone, everyone, leave a RESPECTFUL VOICE MAIL ON THE AUTHORS TELEPHONE NUMBER..

I already did. LETS FILL HER VOICEMAIL...as long as you are not ranting, or threatening, you are within your rights...go for it...it does make a difference.......Lorraine Ash can be reached at (973) 428-6660 or lvash (space added so Ms. Ash doesn't get bot emails) @gannett.com.

Journalists, are responsible for doing their homework, Lorraine is I am sure a well meaning person. Civil Disobedience is not what calling her is about, call her, I suggest, to EDUCATE HER...she doesn't appear to know anything. And do leave your phone number, its the right thing to do in my opinion, we are anomymous here on GSC, but if you go the extra mile and call her, its you calling, not GSC. In call calling Ms. Ash its ASSERTIVENESS, you are stating your opinion, or your feelings, or your experience, all LEGAL things...and it matters...it all matters...

Lorraine Ash can be reached at (973) 428-6660 or lvash (space added so Ms. Ash doesn't get bot emails) @gannett.com.

Edited by mchud11

mchud, are you sure you typed the address in correctly? I don't think they would do something like that on purpose. It's possible there was a typo. Angela's website is listed under their picture, too. You could contact her through that website.

Yes, most newspapers sell every picture they publish.

401Ks were not verboten when I was in TWI. craiggers did rant about people playing the stock market, but they did say that it was okay to invest in companies that you, personally, like and believe in. At least, moneyhands did. I was never told NOT to invest in my 401K. I do realize that things were different earlier on in TWI.

The article does state that they often give more than 10% to TWI and I suspect they actually give a MINIMUM of 15% per the standard of the day when I left.

mchud, are you sure you typed the address in correctly? I don't think they would do something like that on purpose. It's possible there was a typo. Angela's website is listed under their picture, too. You could contact her through that website.

Yes, most newspapers sell every picture they publish.

401Ks were not verboten when I was in TWI. craiggers did rant about people playing the stock market, but they did say that it was okay to invest in companies that you, personally, like and believe in. At least, moneyhands did. I was never told NOT to invest in my 401K. I do realize that things were different earlier on in TWI.

The article does state that they often give more than 10% to TWI and I suspect they actually give a MINIMUM of 15% per the standard of the day when I left.

You are correct. I did a copy and paste, there is a space between the address and the @yahoo.com. Thanks, the devil is in the details, I corrected the address, resent it...I will correct my postings....thanks, thank you, Belle..

Edited by mchud11

mchud, it's unlikely that these people would have LCM's phone number, since he was booted from twi several years ago. Even more unlikely, if you got his phone number, would be his willingness to tell you about the sexual activities that got him hauled into court and dethroned.

mchud, it's unlikely that these people would have LCM's phone number, since he was booted from twi several years ago. Even more unlikely, if you got his phone number, would be his willingness to tell you about the sexual activities that got him hauled into court and dethroned.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Well, my point is this. I can ask anything. Whether I get an answer is not relevant. FCC requirements are that when you make a telephone call, you identify yourself and the purpose of your call within like 30 seconds, I believe I am accurate on this. As long as I do that, I am fine, legally, in my opinion.

A single telephone call can be considered criminal harrassment, however, in practice, three is the threshold, depends on the content of the call. My calling Loy Craig Martindale on the telephone is not illegal per se, he may perceive "receiving a call from me" to be harassment, and he certainly can sue me, call the police, whatever he deems appropriate....in other words, civil disobedience has "grey areas", and a single call, asking a single question is, in my opinion, both legal and appropriate. His feelings, are secondary to my question. Let LCM sue me, please, and what are the damages? See. What are the damages for asking someone if they have sexually assaulted someone, as in sexual assault while being a "leader in Christianity"...see? Let LCM prove damages in a court of law.

Confrontation, is getting at the truth of a matter, nothing more...I want to know what his answer is, if that is perceived by anyone as harassing or stupid, fine...no problem, to me, its criticism that falls off my back like water...

So, I do appreciate your post and I do not intend by writing this to sound like you are criticizing me, anything like that...I read your posts and I am glad you are here. My desire to ask the question is my thing, I am not recommending it, per se, to anyone, its merely my thing, my goal, and certainly not for everyone...my approach....thanks for your post..... regards, Michael

Just my opinion

I think if he really wanted to address the issue, he would have come here and done so long ago.

Yep, I agree. My opinion, is that Craig Loy Martindale is a coward. Craig, here is my email: michael.chudzinski@yahoo.com

I have an identity, those who assumed leadership roles in TWI, and acted in opposition to common sense, our legal system, misused their authority, took the priviledges and not the responsibilities of their postion, well where are they...to me, they appear to be hiding, if I shine a light, thats not illegal, its merely an approach, if they hide, I do hope they get better hiding places, I mean them no physical harm, I mean only to know what they have to say about their actions while in TWI.

I once stood up to a bully. And he came after me. He was in a big car and failed to slow down while I was in a cross walk and I fliipped him off, he started to tell me how he was going to hurt me physically, I called the police and told him so...He vanished. That sort of thing is rarely considered "smart" by folks, and that is fine. The last time I looked, "being smart" isn't in any law, ordinance, statute, "smart" is a perception, in my opinion. oh, flipping someone off, is legal, almost everywhere, there are some local ordinances that can fine you for using vulgar language...just a footnote...

are there questions, relevent questions, that he could answer without fear of being thrown in court?

are there questions, relevent questions, that he could answer without fear of being thrown in court?

Absolutely. As you recall, legal things, legal matter have statutes of limitations, except, I believe murder, and there probably are a few others. Outside of a statute of limitations, it all good. You steal a ten million dollar Picasso from a museum, after the statute of limitations is over, you write a book about it...thats our legal system..good, bad or indifferent...that is the way it is.

Absolutely. As you recall, legal things, legal matter have statutes of limitations, except, I believe murder, and there probably are a few others. Outside of a statute of limitations, it all good. You steal a ten million dollar Picasso from a museum, after the statute of limitations is over, you write a book about it...thats our legal system..good, bad or indifferent...that is the way it is.

don't know that I care to wait for him to write a book. Having to pay for it would be an insult anyway.

Mchud, he has been talked to by a poster here and according to them, he didn`t seem to believe he had done anything wrong.

According to all reports, the man is a certifiable lunatic. Pathetically insane. What good are answers going to do coming from such a sad sick individual. You KNOW that according to twi dogma, he is blameless, that he sjouldn`t condemn himself, that Satan just targeted him becuase he wanted to stop the movement of God`s word.

I have talked with people that were targeted by him. I have read how they were groomed to service him, and read of the harrowing results when they refused to participate in his little threesomes.

He like his father in the word before him set out to visciously and utterly destroy any whom did not comply with their orders to be sexually serviced.

That behavior above all others shows me the utter callousness and visciousness of these men`s souls, to want to completely destroy a person, to alienate all friends, family and have them completely cut of from the ministry....

What kind of satisfactory answer can you possibly get from such a man?

. . .

or anyone who took pfal and stuck around for more than six months for that matter.

Are there questions he could answer, questions which he couldn't reasonably use the legal system as an excuse not to answer?

thanks for posting the link. I REALLY enjoyed the smug tone regarding finances.

let's see.... I loved the thing about the rich and their foundations, but that we should start giving now because why wait? it seems they completely ignore the value of volunteer work, or donations of used clothing instead of tossing stuff in the trash, or the value of helping someone get back on their feet after a crisis. it's only the money tithe that counts, I guess.

this just made me laugh:

"Why do you have to have a mortgage?" Angela asked. "Man has come up with the concept of the mortgage and taxes based on home value. What is not taken into account is the additional cost associated with owning a home. How is that such a good deal? If you're always paying money out for maintenance, how does that help you? And who says you have to own a home? Does that make you a better citizen? A better person?"

seriously, Angela! how is it such a good deal to pay rent so your landlord can make repairs? it's not helping you build equity, whereas the costs of maintenance do. and you ARE paying taxes when you rent, you just pay them to your landlord so he/she can pay the bill. no one says I have to own a home, but NO ONE SHOULD TELL ME I CAN'T.

Gary's point about getting free stuff is dumb. I got furniture for free, too, that stuff gets passed around as people upgrade, but when my ex ditched our kids, no one in twi would even babysit for me so I could go to classes or work on no-school days because they'd only babysit for my ex when he had the kids, because he went on such a campaign of hateful backbiting against me. sometimes you don't need stuff, you need a helping hand to stay on your feet so you can get back on top of things after a disaster.

oh, but even though I had to move and we were homeless for months, I managed to hang onto my car, which is now totally paid for. first time in my life I ever had a car that's run consistently, and when I add it up, financing the car cost me less each year than it ever had when I was buying cars for cash, because what I could buy for the equivalent of a down payment typically lasted a year to 18 months and needed lots of work to keep it going.

one of twi's great lies:

"We can't always control how much is coming in," Gary said, "but we can always control what is going out."

no Gary, you can't always control what's going out.

• Upvote 1

Mchud, he has been talked to by a poster here and according to them, he didn`t seem to believe he had done anything wrong.

According to all reports, the man is a certifiable lunatic. Pathetically insane. What good are answers going to do coming from such a sad sick individual. You KNOW that according to twi dogma, he is blameless, that he sjouldn`t condemn himself, that Satan just targeted him becuase he wanted to stop the movement of God`s word.

I have talked with people that were targeted by him. I have read how they were groomed to service him, and read of the harrowing results when they refused to participate in his little threesomes.

He like his father in the word before him set out to visciously and utterly destroy any whom did not comply with their orders to be sexually serviced.

That behavior above all others shows me the utter callousness and visciousness of these men`s souls, to want to completely destroy a person, to alienate all friends, family and have them completely cut of from the ministry....

Great question, here is my answer, by way of regressing.

I wrote Bo R., the ex-trunk leader, some years ago. He has come out and said that he has "repented", well, that is my perception. Anyway, I wrote ol Bo a letter, pointed out what I had heard, he wrote back and said that he had repented and that he repented on a tape, a recorded tape and did I want a copy? I wrote back and said, yes, and here is my address. No surprise on where this is going, the tape did not come. I gave him an opportunity to "EARN' my respect, just like in TWI days, my life was all about "earning the respect of others in TWI", so Bo. R., you are in my opinion a liar, you did not send the tape, and there are no excuses.

So, the satisfactory answer is "Yes, I Craig Loy Martindale sexually assaulted woman/women at TWI HQ, I regret it and I am endeavoring to live my life to repay those who I harmed as a leader in TWI and society in general for my failings as a responsible human being" A pipe dream on my part, probably.

Yet is is a possibility? Yes, human beings have the capacity to change, repayment may not be possible, that I would agree about. I would applaud knowing LCM has rejoined the human race. Its not like I spend my life looking for LCM or am planning that, I respond to posting on GSC, express my feelings. To me, the subject is mind set, my mind is set on living a life that makes up for the time I lost to TWI, which includes the approach, or attitude, that LCM owes me something more than his own life..its not my problem if he has no mental capacity to handle it, agree with it, clear the hurdle...it more like what goes around, comes around, or is it comes around goes around...if LCM dished it out, certainly he is able to take it, or is he merely still playing a game.

Here, let me be blunt. Doctor said, if you get a divorce, "I would rather see you dead". Ok, fine, freedom of religion, the first ammendment, untouchable......so I say, Craig Loy Martindale do ME a favor and end your life, end it.

Edited by mchud11