GreaseSpot Cafe

Cults / Gangs ....... many similarites

skyrider

Although many don't equate twi into the broad term Cults.......the inner dynamics of twi and twi splinter groups reveal a pattern of devotion, indoctrination and colony lifestye. The History Channel is running a series on Gangland ...... documenting various gangs and gang involvement, recruitment and activity.

Common Characteristics:

1) Code

2) Caste System

3) Initiation

4) Recruitment

5) Representation

6) Secret Terminology

7) Lifetime Allegiance

Code

twi --- God, pfal and twi

gang --- God, mother and gang

Caste System

twi --- after 1968, programs and involvement like wow, college division, corps, clergy ranked one's status

gang --- a pecking order of intimidation and violence

Initiation

twi --- classes, programs and shunning past

gang --- initial beating or sex, then act of allegiance

Recruitment

twi --- take the class, you're an "empty vessel floating by" without pfal.....then, recruited to more involvement

gang --- only in recruitment was one's allegiance verified

Representation

twi --- bumper stickers, SIT stickers, ROA stickers, way tree logo, way farm/colony living, coming "home"

gang --- graffiti, vandalistic insignias, tattoes, the gang was "family" (home)

Secret Terminology

twi --- each class, each level of indoctrination yielded more "inner" terminology -- more "spiritual maturity"

gang --- secret codes.....elitist attitude, a "belonging" and "respect" earned

Lifetime Allegiance

twi --- after years of indoctrination, wierwille showed his colors......slandering all "COP OUTS."

gang --- only way out.......1) jail, 2) hospitalized, or 3) cemetery

Could it be that the subtle twi movement was laced with symbols and seductions that subconsciously gave us a sense of belonging, a sense of elitism, a "fix" of empowerment? And, that's why it was so intoxicating to the youth.......those who were spontaneous, without responsibilities, without direction? Also, it embellished that rebel mindset.......against parents, against authority figures, against the world?

Could it be........that all of this is far, far deeper than pfal?

Could it be........that buttons were pushed that connected with one's inner psyche that distorted the "veneer message" of true christianity towards manipulation and exploitation?

:evildenk:

Yep. Candy Coated Satanism(kill steal destroy your life) :evildenk: Funny huh? Not so much we got your back,your a

"believer"unless you walk away from it(if your lucky enough )

Edited by cheranne

Indeed troubled youth from dysfunctional families seek shelter, to belong, to be safe. One of the most difficult jobs of a loving parent is to direct our youth into positive paths.

I see so very many situation and groups that want to lead young minds searching for idenity away from a positive constructive life.

it is a scary time for all.

In gangs some asume it is all young people calling the shots NO many gang member have been in for 40 or 50 years and sometimes run their orders and "love" from prison itself. Parents belong grandparents belong it is a community we had a woman who went to prison she is a famous "community leader" for using money from drugs to build her mutimillion home. She knew her grandson never had a job yet accepted money from him for the house she is 80 years old and gonna die in prison now.

Yes I think people like to control other people life for some gain folks do not do anything unless they get something from it. and so many are searching for love with single parents amass and people unemployed and all the ill of society eveyone wants to belong to something that will give them hope for a better life.

Remember the music group .... BRANDED

Remember the "way brand" and it showing up in way magazines and camp gunnison. From 1980 - 1984, wierwille took twi thru that cowboy/country phase. Seems like twi wanted to "brand" us........ to insure ownership. :blink:

Dog soldiers (indian savages).....tied to a tethered leash and fight to death, tethered to the "truth."

<_<

Edited by skyrider

Caste System

twi --- after 1968, programs and involvement like wow, college division, corps, clergy ranked one's status

twi also had(has) a pecking order, maybe not of violence, but definitely intimidation.

Initiation

twi --- classes, programs and shunning past

gang --- initial beating or sex, then act of allegiance

the "beatings" I know of in twi.. for the most part, were verbal.. and continued long after "initiation".. I think the acts of allegiance included well over tithing, witnessing and shunning life long friends and family..

Recruitment

twi --- take the class, you're an "empty vessel floating by" without pfal.....then, recruited to more involvement

gang --- only in recruitment was one's allegiance verified

but twi was worse. Once one's allegiance was verified, it was to be "renewed", over and over and over.. one never really could "belong".

Lifetime Allegiance

twi --- after years of indoctrination, wierwille showed his colors......slandering all "COP OUTS."

gang --- only way out.......1) jail, 2) hospitalized, or 3) cemetery

like "uncle" howie said.. what do you need a retirement account for..

Caste System

Time and time again, many of us equate twi's "success" to the 1967 filming of pfal. We then conclude that, "this filmed class" and the Jesus movement helped to catapult the numbers into the 70s.

But.........could it be that the caste system that was developed into the early 70s, via the wow & corps programs, were intrinsically instrumental to the growing numbers than were realized? Much like in karate......getting to the black belt, or the masons, getting to a 33-degree mason......."scaling the mountain" fed into the ego and psyche of the individual? The closer one got to the "alpha male"......the better?

<_<

Edited by skyrider

Remember the music group .... BRANDED

Remember the "way brand" and it showing up in way magazines and camp gunnison. From 1980 - 1984, wierwille took twi thru that cowboy/country phase. Seems like twi wanted to "brand" us........ to insure ownership. :blink:

If I recollect correct, Branded was originally called Made In America. Rumor has it that docvic changed it from that to Branded.

Seems he (with his "usual-perverted-thinking-mindset") thought that might construe a sexual connotation, thus the change.

Trust him to think of something like that, eh? Of course I could be wrong about this, but that was the *word on the street* back then.

Sorry for the de-rail with this trip down memory lane. ;)

I know Im gettin way off topic but if Made In America

couldn't pass the sexual connotation test

How did

Pressed down, shaken together, rollin over

(or whatever it was)

get through?

..that could be a blues lyric --right next to 'jellyroll"

I like the comparison Skyrider.

For a long while now I've compred my former splinter group leaders with an amoral pack of predators/scavengers like Hyennas.

But I think your comparison covers many more actual similarities.