GreaseSpot Cafe

"Security"

Ham

There's also the question of why so many ex-wayfers came by, both the sane and insane.

Linders says it's cause they are attracted to their "spiritual home".

"spiritual home", what the heck is that? Isn't that what heaven was supposed to be?

My daughter hangs out at the mall a lot. Is that her spiritual home?

JT

• Upvote 1

My daughter hangs out at the mall a lot. Is that her spiritual home?

JT

No, I don't think so.

But why do middle-aged people of varied backgrounds who no longer fellowship with twi remain attached to pathetic piece of dirt in Ohio?

• Upvote 1

But why do middle-aged people of varied backgrounds who no longer fellowship with twi remain attached to pathetic piece of dirt in Ohio?

The key word here is "middle-aged". Why do so many Vietnam War Vets want to travel to that country to visit old battlefields? Possibly because they feel they left a part of themselves over there when they returned to the USA. Maybe they think albeit subconciously they'll find a missing part of themselves at the location where they were traumatized.

A lot of ex-Wayfers spent their entire youth at TWI. Maybe they think they'll recover a part of it if they return to the scene of the crime. Then again, maybe they're just looking for a restroom and they got lost and ended up on Wierwille Rd. It's not all that far from I-75 you know.

• Upvote 1

I left in the late 80's, started a completely new life over on the west coast, and left the whole way stuff in the dust, until this internet thing came along, where I found out what's happened over the years, talk with people who also moved on, and maybe learn a little about myself, and the choices I once made.

A few years back , I drove through Ohio, with my now wife, who only knew the way from what I told her. I had lived in St Marys of all places for awhile, so we made a side trip to show her, and frankly I was curious to take a look. Being 'attached' had nothing to do with it. It was surreal in so many ways. New Knox, St Marys, and what I saw of the grounds, looked nothing like I remembered. It was almost like when you dream of a past place, but is distorted from reality. Of course we didn't get far at the way. I slowed down to look at the fountain, and immediately had security tailing me. I was tempted to let them 3rd degree me, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle, and just moved on.

The only thing that was meaningful, was finding that the mural I had painted for the New Knoxville high gym was still intact. The custodian was gracious, told me how they preserved it when they repainted the gym, and I was glad to have contributed something to the community. The way, which seemed to dominate the area when I lived there, seemed almost a sad afterthought to the community. It was all quite strange.

• Upvote 1

What is the purpose of having linder, his clone and the white vans? Really.. what is left on grounds that is even worth protecting? Normally, remote farmland in Ohio does not warrant this level of care.

what's left.. the fountain? Are they afraid of aged hippie types making odd, unusual pilgrimages to the "holy" woods?

A grandiose and deeply inflated sense of self-importance may breed paranoia. . . and who else is holding God propped up in our day and time. . . the "adversary" may get them. . . does a glock work on him or is a sawed off shotgun better?

Everyone knows that all true ministers of a loving God full of mercy and grace are packing heat and patrolling the grounds for cop-outs (A.K.A the one's whose money they are now living off). .

That IS how you love your neighbor isn't it?

Edited by geisha779

Why bring scripture up?

Go into a max-security prison unarmed face to face with the convicts. Quote scripture. Are they gonna care?

Because they claim to be CHRISTIAN??? And. . . been there. . . done that. . . more than once.

• Upvote 2

No, I don't think so.

maybe they were spawned there. Have to swim back upstream once a year or so to do whatever..

• Upvote 1

There are some cop-outs you wouldn't want to face unarmed.

of these, I wonder how many da *ministry* gave a good reason to be hostile. Like, telling them to build on way land, promising access and all.. and dumping them, keeping their work..

or promises of friendship, fellowship and a JOB.. and dumping them mercilessly without notice on a spiritual "suspicion" and sending them off in the night, no home, no friends, no money..

maybe that's why rosie looks so haggard, old and ugly.. I bet she looks over her shoulder ever time she steps out of a car.

then there's probably the set of fruitcakes they actually put in high leadership positions.

the white van people.. are they really trained how to deal with this kind of thing? Or are they merely the first line of defense.. to take the bullet for rosie and the other sycophants, so to speak?

• Upvote 1

I know one dude was ordered by a judge to take his meds. Often ended up in the Sydney prison.

Others I think came by after something happened in their life, divorce etc. They then drive accross the country to New K. Gotta go see twi at 2 a.m.

They could get hostile, that's what the vans were for . . .he he. . . making ex-wayfer pancakes. :biglaugh:

• Upvote 2

a lot of people don't. Even if they do.. so to speak. When crisis hits, they won't go to family. Can't admit they were "wrong".. or the personal ties are cut to the end they can't bring themselves to seek help from immediate family..

can't go to a psychologist or psychiatrist, lest they are attacked by Freudian spirits or something.. the doc must have a "fallacious spirit" or something, with all those degrees on the wall..

can't go to others who left. *they* must really be screwed up, worthless.. possessed..

I think maybe some of these people had issues to begin with, others da way manufactured them. It really is a psychotic place.. where one can go from zero, to da most beloved and faithful.. to possessed and to be abandoned at the drop of a hat..

• Upvote 1

a lot of people don't. Even if they do.. so to speak. When crisis hits, they won't go to family. Can't admit they were "wrong".. or the personal ties are cut to the end they can't bring themselves to seek help from immediate family..

can't go to a psychologist or psychiatrist, lest they are attacked by Freudian spirits or something.. the doc must have a "fallacious spirit" or something, with all those degrees on the wall..

can't go to others who left. *they* must really be screwed up, worthless.. possessed..

I think maybe some of these people had issues to begin with, others da way manufactured them. It really is a psychotic place.. where one can go from zero, to da most beloved and faithful.. to possessed and to be abandoned at the drop of a hat..

I agree,psychotic,is right,the players become bipolar,nice to one,rip your head off to the other,paronoid,the mysterious

"adversary will have his way with you,witchcraft as one dearly departed said here if they are christian why do they curse people?

Protect us from who?The outside?or the wackos inside?

The longer I am out the more I see the insanity

The cornfield cult is becoming smaller,as the internet provides another side,some begin to see those

that are there to protect them,really keep them in chains.

• Upvote 2

Well, I remember Lot was willing to sacrifice his daughters to the mob. Very Christian I guess.

But if those freaks came near my home in the middle of the night, I would NOT be very "Christian".

then there was what howard the duck allen said.. darn, can't remember it..

:biglaugh:

something like there are no strangers at da way, or something..

:biglaugh:

maybe.. just maybe.. they asserted they could give that which they could not..

kiinda like the guy who built a tower and didn't consider the cost or something..

the only reason I personally am not welcome.. there is probably a calculated 35 percent chance that I am a fruitcake of sorts..

sorry fellas.. your loss, not mine..

if it makes any difference to you numbnuts.. I passed my "audition"..

not before you. no.

at least five others, with phd's in math think I have the wherewithal to teach YOUR kids math..

scary, isn't it..

But if those freaks came near my home in the middle of the night, I would NOT be very "Christian".

if it makes any difference friend.. they actually invited these people..

just add it to the equation..

• Upvote 1