GreaseSpot Cafe

What was LCM's ministry supposed to be

mchud11

I am a bit confused as to what LCM was ordained as, was he like supposed to have the gift ministry of a prophet?

I think that he may have thought he was a prophet..

and a may have attempted to mechanically squeeze his life into Wierwille's definition but that didnt make him anything but deluded.

There may be a real gift somewhere of a Prophet someplace ---but LCM would be under the "what it is not" or "not even close" or "You have got to be kidding me" section.

Whoever siad anti-prophet or anti-pastor was close

Gonna throw a monkey wrench in here.

Page 48 of the PFAL syllabus states that, based on Eph. 4:11, there are ONLY five gift ministries.I don't really see any hard evidence that the number was limited by this verse. It's simply P.I. that VPW probably picked up from one of the sources he plagiarized. Furthermore, Wierwille states, on the same page, that the gifts are not to the individuals, but to the church. The context of verses surrounding verse 11 does seem to substantiate that line of thinking. So, in essence, he (VPW) is indirectly implying that he, VPW, is a gift from God to the church because he is bringing old light to a new generation.

In simpler terms, being a "plumber" does not mean you have the "gift trade" of a plumber. It just means you ARE a plumber.

edit:

(and VPW was no plumber!!)

Edited by waysider

I asked the same question once on staff to a "bigwig" who at that time was president's cabinet. He said that LCM and DM saw themselves as the prophet and prophetess of TWI. We also know that LCM identified heavily with Joshua - the prophet/warrior come to continue Moses' work and lead the people to the promised land. That's just what he tried to do, come to think of it. Continue VP's work and lead TWI into the land of the prevailing, or the prevailing land - or whatever it was he called it.

LCM's ministry?

King Spit of Wurd Mountain!

Don't you mean Witch Mountain from Disney films?

I don't know if he ever claimed to heal anyone but he did claim that God spoke to him and told him to marry Donna.

He did mention that wasn't how it worked for most people but he was really busy and didn't have time to date like normal people so God had to tell him who to marry. Wow, he didn't have time to date but he had a lot of time to ..........................................

Didn't he have the gift of Dance? :dance:

• Upvote 1

I don't know if he ever claimed to heal anyone but he did claim that God spoke to him and told him to marry Donna.

He did mention that wasn't how it worked for most people but he was really busy and didn't have time to date like normal people so God had to tell him who to marry. Wow, he didn't have time to date but he had a lot of time to ..........................................

I believe it was Wierwille who relayed Martindale's interest in Donna and threatened to blackmail her if she refused to date Craig(he may have known her lesbianism).

I believe it was Wierwille who relayed Martindale's interest in Donna and threatened to blackmail her if she refused to date Craig(he may have known her lesbianism).

lcm spoke of it in his autobiography: "vp and me."

We discussed it in the thread, "vp and me in Wonderland."

(snip)

"LCM finally decided he needed to get married. He goes to Dr and lets him know his

thoughts and seeking advice. Dr promised he'd look out for a good woman for him.

Later, LCM decided to marry Donna and immediately told Dr. Dr said

'She's a good woman' and then rode off quickly on his motorbike. LCM found out

later that he had gone at once to call Donna and talk to her to let her know and

understand fully what she was getting into with LCM. He was going to be a great

leader in the ministry and she had to be prepared to handle herself accordingly, etc."

"Donna was in residence at the time but Dr gave her permission to visit Emporia

frequently so that they could get started early on getting to know each other."

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-corps-notes/vp-and-me.html

Edited by WordWolf
  • Upvote 1