JustThinking

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did your corpse witness with you and did they register people

• Yes and they registered people for the foundational class
    • Yes but they didn't win any/many
    • They went out with us but didn't actually witness
    • No, they sent us without them
    • We didn't witness other than on our own
    • I was corps (Please give us your thoughts)

I am truly sorry that some experienced those type of things. It grieves me beyond explanation. I was one of those that had no idea.

To those that endured that stuff, I am sorry I couldn't help at the time. I certainly would have - just had no idea. Real spiritual awareness and perception, huh?

Take care,

Waylaid

Don't be too tough on yourself, WL.

Lots and lots of us had no idea what was going on.

• Upvote 1

Waylaid,

I think I posted the last time about the same time you were apologizing, so I didn't see it. About the VPW comment: note the "wink" smiley ;) it means I'm kidding.

And feel free to disagree with other posters. It's not a matter of "stepping on toes." I don't expect you to "toe the party line" here. That's the same kind of BS that TWI promulgates. A measured response, without insults, will usually get your point across more effectively.

George

SHAMELESS PLUG: Feel free to check out the "game" threads in the "Reading Room" forum. No TWI_bashing there, just some fun. (Before jumping into one of the games, though, be sure to read the first couple of posts of each one to make sure you know the rules.)

The Corps hated witnessing as much as everyone else. The higher up in leadership the less witnessing you did. Why do you think most of the Limb Homes were in small obscure little towns? In the 70's the Limb Home of New York was in Marathon, N.Y. Ever hear of it? Probably not, it was in the snow belt of upstate N.Y. Why wasn't it in NYC or some other large NY city? Because.............. The Corps hated witnessing as much as everyone else. :doh:

The Corps hated witnessing as much as everyone else. The higher up in leadership the less witnessing you did. Why do you think most of the Limb Homes were in small obscure little towns? In the 70's the Limb Home of New York was in Marathon, N.Y. Ever hear of it? Probably not, it was in the snow belt of upstate N.Y. Why wasn't it in NYC or some other large NY city? Because.............. The Corps hated witnessing as much as everyone else. :doh:

You've got a point there, TC.

The Way of Ohio Limb Home was in Rathbone, Ohio.

Now there's a booming metropolis if I've ever seen one. <_<

I have some old notes, probably early 80's. "How to Put a PFAL class together in 2 1/2 days. I won't bore you with all the details but it entailed witnessing all weekend and a Pot Luck and Public Exclamation or P.X. Sunday night. I will share with you the "5 Categories of Candidates". Obviously we were to work with the "strongest leads".

5 Categories of Candidates

1. Sure thing-paid in full

2. Strong possibility Bring all candidates to the point of being labeled #1-#5

3. Interested party

4. Mild Possibility

5. Goat (I love this one, I forgot we used to call people "Goats")

If class doesn't come together do a follow-up meeting 1 week later. (oh no, not another meeting).

*You must have a close-out crew, twig leaders who you train to do the close.*

1. Each in the close-out crew has 2 or 3 green cards.

2. How would you like to pay for the class materials, cash or check? If the person say no, no, no, no, no, - One no might not really mean No.

3. If NO is for real- go to close #2 and say, "Sir, I dfon't think you should take this class. I think you should go to twig and check it out further."

Public X. Close- II Peter 1:1-4

John 15: 7-10

Vision--

Genesis 13: 8-11 Lot lifted up his eyes and chose his vision and made his decision based on the flesh.

Genesis 13: 14-16 Abram's vision and decision was based on revelation from God

John 4:31-36 Lift up your eyes.

There you have it! Get busy!

Sounds exhausting and not in a good way. :yawn1:

Is that where it was when Wayne Merrill was limb coordinator? If so, I've been there many times.

You've got a point there, TC.

The Way of Ohio Limb Home was in Rathbone, Ohio.

Now there's a booming metropolis if I've ever seen one. <_<

Is that where it was when Wayne Merrill was limb coordinator? If so, I've been there many times.

I must have "checked out" before Wayne M. was limb leader. (At least mentally, because I don't remember that)

Earl B was the first Limb Leader there. Then, there was Howie Y., Jim M, and, I think, Pat and Donna S. I lost track of statewide doings after that. Rathbone is about an hour north of the state capitol, Columbus. At that time, it was in the middle of nowhere.

Idaho Limb Home was in Boise it is the capital of Idaho.... Montana Limb Home was in Helena, Also the state Capital.

I have no Idea where it was in Colorado. At least that is where they were in the early 80's.

So maybe it depended on which State you were in or the cost of rent.

Limb Home of Michigan was in St. John's. Small town. Witnessing aside, it is strange that so many limb homes were in small, out of the way areas. Even if it costs more money to be in a larger city, it certainly makes no sense to have the person in charge of a state hours away from most of the people they're supposed to serve.

Limb Home of Michigan was in St. John's. Small town. Witnessing aside, it is strange that so many limb homes were in small, out of the way areas. Even if it costs more money to be in a larger city, it certainly makes no sense to have the person in charge of a state hours away from most of the people they're supposed to serve.

Well, stand it on its head.

IF the location is poor for actually serving people, but good for saving money,

THEN the priority is saving money. Period. All the talk about people being more

important was just that-talk.

During the "fog years" my husband and I were asked to run the state of michigan. We said okay if we didn't have to move to st. john's, michigan, didn't have to give up our small business, I could continue working part/time, we lived in the house we owned. They were desperate for leadership and said okay to that. It really worked out well for us when we were accused of stealing from the mimistry because of all the above reasons and dfac. But back to the original question about witnessing............. hated it (but my husband did go out witnessing and I used every trick in the book not to). :anim-smile:

Now with the Limb homes being in small out of the way places that was more late '70's to mid '80's. That was after VPW's consipiracy theorisms where the government / aliens / illuminati / whatever was trying to take down TWI, and we almost lost our country. So they bought small homes with acreage in out of the way places where if the country went down TWI members could come move onto the property.

All that didn't work out too well as they just ended up being large places out of the way that required 3-5 "Limb staff" to upkeep. And of course the country magically didn't end up getting taken over somehow.

After VPW died and they lost 80% of people / income, they had to sell off those places, as well as Emporia, Tinney NM, Indiana to stay afloat. They managed to hang onto Gunnison somehow at $2M / yr, and used it for the only location they trained Corps for a while, and now use it for a vacation spot and classes.

Witnessing, in the last 15 years since they have taken the "no debt" stance and "no discussion of our research on debt" stance along with preventing anyone from being a fellowship coordinator, going to Adv. class or specials, or going into Corps with any debt, that alone has basically sidelined TWI to alienating the middle class with home mortgages. So basically everyone is ashamed of witnessing to their co-workers and acquaintances in society. Everyone is ashamed - Corps, people, everyone, and won't bring people to fellowship. Not ashamed of "the gospel" as Paul writes, but ashamed of the poor quality and controlling aspects of TWI. And with all the leadership living in rentals there is more restriction on meetings. And they mostly try to meet in "free" locations as well to preserve more money flowing into the delusion farm in Ohio. So they have far less to attract people than even your smallest local church. Der Verd is all they can promote, and even all that is restricted back to all foundational research material. So basically it's a fundamental Christian push targeted towards the 5th grade level with all the "Way" twists on scripture interpretation.

In a nutshell their product sucks so their salesman are only selling out of obligation as opposed to out of enthusiasm. And absolutely that includes Corps. But they'll lie about it if asked. Because actually that's the one thing that Corps does best across the board - lie.

• Upvote 1