GreaseSpot Cafe

Hold onto the Microphone......at all costs

skyrider

The one who holds onto the microphone........pounds home the propaganda.

The one who holds onto the microphone........frames the debate and outcome.

The one who holds onto the microphone........often condescends to the masses.

The one who holds onto the microphone........knows the power of controlling speech.

In reading the thread regarding John Lynn's new ministry.....my thoughts went into TWI REWIND. The condescending approach........"I am the teacher" and "you are the perpetual student." As long as I (JAL) keep speaking the truth in love........YOU WILL GROW.

Twi was/is like this......never acknowledging (or allowing) their followers to grow up. Why? Clearly, its a positioning of lording over their people. In this DEPENDENT STATE.....the follower needs twi, needs the weekly teachings, needs to abs to keep the devil from infiltrating his life, needs the lofty wisdom from twi's elders to make daily decisions.

Like twi, JAL sets the premise of his "new ministry" in Ephesians 4:15 -- But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. So, there you have it. See! When you follow the one "speaking the truth".....you grow up. If you don't......you won't.

I wonder if the previous verse ....."the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive"......has anything to do with all this??? Imo......one of the great "teachable points" of twi was MEN LIE IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

They want to keep you in a dependency state......for the rest of your days.

They want to keep you in a dependency state......it helps them pay the "gym and treadmill fees."

They want to keep you in a dependency state......it legitimizes their base of power and control.

They want to keep you in a dependency state......the adulation and idolization fuels their system.

To get ahold of twi's microphone......one will have to pry it from their cold, dead hand.

<_<

To get ahold of twi's microphone......one will have to pry it from their cold, dead hand.

Well, TWI has taken this a step further. The microphone is shared amongst a designated few and what those designated few can and cannot say is tightly controlled by Rosalie. She leads mostly from behind the scenes while giving the illusion that there are many teachers coming and going week from week. What appears to be and what actually is going on is very different.

Well, TWI has taken this a step further. The microphone is shared amongst a designated few and what those designated few can and cannot say is tightly controlled by Rosalie. She leads mostly from behind the scenes while giving the illusion that there are many teachers coming and going week from week. What appears to be and what actually is going on is very different.

To clarify, "twi's microphone".......metaphorically speaking, is their incessant cult-speak propaganda via teachings, tapes, way mags, public releases, and website that perpetuates this biblical re-search of wierwille's work.

Dependency is the name of the shell game.

To clarify, "twi's microphone".......metaphorically speaking, is their incessant cult-speak propaganda via teachings, tapes, way mags, public releases, and website that perpetuates this biblical re-search of wierwille's work.

Dependency is the name of the shell game.

That's a tremendously, wonderful, clarification as we are prevailing in the....uhhh..sorry had a flashback. Thanks for the explanation! :anim-smile:

one time there was a corps week where people were invited to the microphone and i can't recall exactly what happened but all hell broke loose because people were honest

does anyone remember ? it was really something !!!!!! i'm still laughing about -- if only i had a frikking memory

truly, it was very sad

Too bad they don't speak the choirs language..

maybe they think they do..

To get a hold of twi's microphone......one will have to pry it from their cold, dead hand.

yeah, that is the "gold" they left veyworld with.. it wasn't "da word"..

i.e. j.l.. et al..

they don't speak my language.. try as they may..

"Ma, send money.." is about the only message I can hear from their recent epistles..

:biglaugh:

"of course.. *peope*.. its gonna take.. MONEY..."

Yeah.. I need money too.

Just send it to:

The Squrrel.

New Knoxille Ohio.

(don't bother with the encumbrances of zip codes or anything.. I'm sure *they* will know where to send it..)

rosie: I'll split it with you, 50/50 (or is that 60/40.. don't hold me to numbers or anything... )

Edited by Ham

Oh, I know this is really about maintaining control and that the microphone, itself, is symbolic. Still, I have to giggle when I remember how a certain limb leader tried to give me a lesson on the correct way to hold a microphone. (the literal kind) He told me you have to be careful how you hold it because you don't want to conjure up any phallic images.

I better not say anymore.

HeeHee

one time there was a corps week where people were invited to the microphone and i can't recall exactly what happened but all hell broke loose because people were honest

does anyone remember ? it was really something !!!!!! i'm still laughing about -- if only i had a frikking memory

truly, it was very sad

I think I was at that one. I think it was '85 or thereabouts. They set up the mic and then there was the usual litany of azz-licking lackies heaping praise on the BOD for their faithful stand and diligence, yada, yada. Then somebody got up and gave some sort of statement of how he saw things and asked an honest question of Craig or Don I think. The veins proceded to pop out in Craig's neck and he went into a blistering tirade about what a debased, unthankful, dipchit that guy at the microphone was, and shortly thereafter the meeting was dismissed and no mention was made of it again...

Sorry I don't remember any specifics, but I do remember being entertained by it all...

The one who holds onto the microphone........knows the power of controlling speech.

(snipped for brevity)

They want to keep you in a dependency state......for the rest of your days.

They want to keep you in a dependency state......it helps them pay the "gym and treadmill fees."

They want to keep you in a dependency state......it legitimizes their base of power and control.

They want to keep you in a dependency state......the adulation and idolization fuels their system.

BarackObama.jpg

Woops - - - Wrong forum. Mea Culpa. yawn1.gif

The ones who buy the gasbag two or three replacement microphones..

civil words fail me to describe it at the moment..

doesn't logic dictate.. you buy the gasbag another microphone, and you'll here the same "doo doo"?

"more transparency".. Ha.

The ones who buy the gasbag two or three replacement microphones..

civil words fail me to describe it at the moment..

doesn't logic dictate.. you buy the gasbag another microphone, and you'll here the same "doo doo"?

"more transparency".. Ha.

To me, one of the most irksome "microphone-mongering" was.......the LUNCHTIME microphone. Whether on staff or inresidence, the big-shot couldn't keep his pie-hole SHUT.

Why couldn't I eat my foot and visit with those at my table WITHOUT YOU GASBAGS SPOUTING YOUR OPINIONS AND BIASES ON EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN?

The tirades of blasting some little staffer for a little blunder were the worst. Why did I have to hear all that crap? Manipulation? Fear? For my learning?......yeah, right.

In the early 80s, Johnny T0wns3nd was in charge of the inrez corps at hq and thought that all corps grads should meet together AFTER the Sunday Night Teaching. So.....we'd meet in the BRC around 8 pm and once Johnny started rambling, it would be 10:30 or 11pm before it was over. Well, it didn't take long before the corps grads quit going. Johnny never did figure out why the drastic drop off occurred. The guy just didn't have a clue.

Maybe, the microphone mesmerizes the speaker into thinking he's some "great one"......???

Oh, the memories.........uuuuughh.